Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Get a good night's sleep guys - Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think it is because it was a Canadian team playing.

I'm actually curious about this: does it really matter to most fans where the team is based? How many Leaf fans want to watch the Habs because they are a Canadian team? How many of us would prefer to watch the Flyers or Penguins over say Calgary because they are "American" teams?

Reactions: HumBucker and lopey

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I'm actually curious about this: does it really matter to most fans where the team is based? How many Leaf fans want to watch the Habs because they are a Canadian team? How many of us would prefer to watch the Flyers or Penguins over say Calgary because they are "American" teams?
I think it is mandated by federal communication rules. I am just spit balling. Not 100% sure but we have some pretty crappy rules regarding Canadian content coming before all else.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Poor Rask..

So many accomplishments but now you can see the sights getting squarely put on him..

If they use Darth Vladar, I sure hope the dude has the dark side of the force because Tampa will be all over him like ugly on an ape.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
I really hate bashing on players, but Krug was brutal last night and a borderline liability out there. His effort on Tampa's first goal is how you play the puck during a pick up game on the pond. Had he put ANY body on the skater (can't remember who it was), that play is completely disrupted. I'm not asking for a bone-crushing hit, just try to separate the skater from the puck.

Last series I saw similar play from him. He doesn't go after loose pucks in the corner, he doesn't use his body, and he waits around for a free pucks to come to him so he can attempt a long stretch pass that ends up on the other team's stick 75% of the time.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I really hate bashing on players, but Krug was brutal last night and a borderline liability out there. His effort on Tampa's first goal is how you play the puck during a pick up game on the pond. Had he put ANY body on the skater (can't remember who it was), that play is completely disrupted. I'm not asking for a bone-crushing hit, just try to separate the skater from the puck.

Last series I saw similar play from him. He doesn't go after loose pucks in the corner, he doesn't use his body, and he waits around for a free pucks to come to him so he can attempt a long stretch pass that ends up on the other team's stick 75% of the time.
Krug was pretty brutal last night. I was thinking lately about when he first join us he also had a physicality to his game that is completely gone. I remember him crushing big guys And being surprised by it. He’s soft af now.

we also need to desperately pick up our physical presence as a whole. It’s like st.louis last year. We are badly getting our handled and they are doing the little dirty things we aren’t. They need to adjust and play a similar style. Would like to see Marshy getting under people’s skin again.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Krug is playing like a pending Free agent who does not want to get hurt. The way he waved with his stick as the guy went around him.......Sickening. Krug can sit for Lazoun...He will hit people....

Exactly

If Krug would've taken the man on this play there's a good chance the bolts don't score

...and Carlo was no better

If Krug wants to remain a Bruin he better start playing like one

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Poor Rask..

So many accomplishments but now you can see the sights getting squarely put on him..

If they use Darth Vladar, I sure hope the dude has the dark side of the force because Tampa will be all over him like ugly on an ape.

I think Halak will be in again, but one thing that may happen if they go with Vladar is that the team would likely (hopefully!) be hyper-vigilant in not hanging the kid out to dry. To be honest, the Bruins need a total team defense commitment to win no matter who is in net, but that might be a strong motivating factor.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins are the home team tonight

Glances out the window looking for Zakim Bridge

upload_2020-8-26_11-18-51.png

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Last night was not Halak's fault. The defense broke down and we physically witnessed the breakdown of Chara before our very eyes
Yes, not pretty. He seems actually off balance lot of times. It takes him 2 minutes to pivot.

Back to back games. The coddled NHL player does not realize back in the "day" the playoffs featured 4 games in 5 nights all the time.
Such a big issue right now. My.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Bottom players killed the B's last night.

3rd and 4th lines on for two goals each. Clifton also on for two.

Pretty much this and in my opinion it falls on the coach to find a solution. In the first game against Tampa the 4th line played well when matched against Tampa's 1st line, but yesterday it didn't work. And it looks like Bruce still wanted this matchup to happen anyway, even in overtime. It didn't take long before the Bruins paid the price for it.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes, not pretty. He seems actually off balance lot of times. It takes him 2 minutes to pivot.

Back to back games. The coddled NHL player does not realize back in the "day" the playoffs featured 4 games in 5 nights all the time.
Such a big issue right now. My.

To be fair to the modern day guys (because I remember the old days too) the players take a lot more punishment and expend a lot more energy in the current day NHL Hell, half the players in the 70s smoked cigarettes and probably way more than half drank like fish the night before games :laugh:

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I’m curious to see how both teams come out tonight. The Bruins simply weren’t good enough in that game and it still took a hell of an effort from Tampa to beat them.

Let’s see how Boston responds. Yay anxiety

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I said this in another post but I will repeat it here- I think Krug is intimidated. He remembers how the Bolts beat the hell out of him 2 years ago and wants no part of it now. He doesn't seem to understand that the way to put a stop to it is for him to hit someone hard himself- remember the way he flattened that Blue after David Perron literally sat on him in the SCF?- he's capable of hitting effectively he just won't do it.

And if he thinks he's going to get 8 million from the Bruins if he keeps this up he's got another thing coming

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Pretty much this and in my opinion it falls on the coach to find a solution. In the first game against Tampa the 4th line played well when matched against Tampa's 1st line, but yesterday it didn't work. And it looks like Bruce still wanted this matchup to happen anyway, even in overtime. It didn't take long before the Bruins paid the price for it.
Perhaps the thought process was , put Kuraly back on line 4 to shut the big line down but lines 3 and 4 are not cutting it right now . Insert Lindholm and move Kuraly to line 3 ?

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Perhaps the thought process was , put Kuraly back on line 4 to shut the big line down but lines 3 and 4 are not cutting it right now . Insert Lindholm and move Kuraly to line 3 ?
Yes that had to be the thought process and it worked in game 1, but by the time overtime started in game 2 it was obvious that it was not working anymore; the 4th line was spending way too much time in its own zone when the Kuch line was on the ice. I would have liked to see different matchups in overtime to counter that but it didn't happen and it only took one shift before the Bruins paid the price.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad