Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Get a good night's sleep guys - Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Well based on some of the posts here, might as well not even bother to show tomorrow, just forfeit the series. I mean, Tampa Bay is just so big and strong and skilled and how can the Bruins possibly hope to win. Except that the series is tied, and they lost this last game by just one goal and brought their D- game. No question it was always going to be a tough series, but the gloom and doom around here sometimes! Bruins can still take this in five games.
We're just pissed-off. Happens after a tough loss as you may have noticed. Or is that not allowed anymore? I dunno, maybe it offends people or something.

Again, again, again, tomorrow we'll be optimistic and enthusiastic and will be out in full force cheering on our beloved Bruins. But tonight have the courtesy of allowing us to wallow in our collective misery. Sheesh.

Reactions: Gordoff

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
We're just pissed-off. Happens after a tough loss as you may have noticed. Or is that not allowed anymore? I dunno, maybe it offends people or something.

Again, again, again, tomorrow we'll be optimistic and enthusiastic and will be out in full force cheering on our beloved Bruins. But tonight have the courtesy of allowing us to wallow in our collective misery. Sheesh.
Nah man , feel free to bitch all you want , I’m frustrated as well but trying to stay even keeled and looking to fight another day .

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
They didn't deserve to win tonight, the Tampa Bay Blues outplayed them.

I don't blame Halak as others have; I feel if it weren't for him the score would've been much uglier. And with the team's lackadaisical effort, I don't think the result is different with Rask.

Krug did at least play the body on a couple of one-on-ones that resulted in no shot attempts. But how many times did we see Carlo fruitlessly swatting at the puck on an opponent's stick, who easily evaded him?

Clifton has tenacity, and I believe the officiating is hazing him, as happens with young players. He drew blood on a high stick, but only a single minor was called. He didn't have the puck on his stick and wasn't that close to it when Maroon took him out; I thought it was interference, but no call, and a goal quickly ensued. I don't blame him for pinching, but when Chara is the last man back, he probably shouldn't. And Halak had the puck slip through him and couldn't bail him out. And his interference penalty was questionable. He was preventing Kucherov from receiving a passed puck in the near vicinity.

I know Tampa dominated the game; but I was disappointed in NBC's call. They sounded like the Bolts' home announcers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I didn't miss your point. Boston wasn't just outshot, they were dominated. Couldn't handle tampa's speed and size. I've seen this movie before.

Physically in the hitting with purpose department, i thought the Bruins matched the Lightning pretty well. Puck battles was another issue. Lightning forwards were tenacious all night long in winning battles for the puck and keeping plays alive and that's where the game was lost.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Rogers policy is IF the game is on CBC it will stay there - keep that in mind in the future
What do you mean "if the game is on CBC it will stay there" Fenway? It was on 4 SN channels - O,E,W & P. Normally they'd stay with the game on O & E and switch on W & P. And since that's what they normally do that's what people expect them to do.

Besides, I've been watching everything on SN since the RR and the preliminaries, why should I think to switch now? And Doesn't CBC have Anne of Green Gables or something to run on Tuesday nights in August anyway?

But SN/Rogers sucks anyway, along with that cheerleading fanboy Craig Simpson. Oh why oh why not TSN?! End rant.

Ok, I'm good now. Go Bruins (in 6 or 7) !!!!

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I didn't miss your point. Boston wasn't just outshot, they were dominated. Couldn't handle tampa's speed and size. I've seen this movie before.

Reference was to the post below which was dupont’s regarding the first two games.

Point remains. A poster showed optimism and said let it play out, and it was stomped on with a reference to the Dupont post. It’s two games.

Anything can happen. You know. You’ve seen it. You said it.

Can’t control a thing from here, let’s see what happens.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Oof.

rBUiXz2.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ya it’s my fault and I didn’t even think about the games switching.

Doesn’t mean I’m not irritated by it lol. Especially when I look at my bill from them monthly. I should be getting a courtesy call from them at this point.

Hey thanks for helping keep our lights on paying for all that shit you never use.....

The issue in Canada is SN and SN4K will pick up the Canadian team from the start. Because of quirks in Canadian telecom laws EVERYTHING goes through the CN Tower in Toronto and if the switches are not programmed correctly it can cause a disaster for viewers.

Reactions: easton117

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No way do I throw Halak under the bus as he is NOT an elite goaltender but a very good backup who won 4 of his 5 starts and lost in OT.

Dan Vladar could be the future but he has as many minutes playing in the NHL as I do.

Goaltending is not the issue.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
No way do I throw Halak under the bus as he is NOT an elite goaltender but a very good backup who won 4 of his 5 starts and lost in OT.

Dan Vladar could be the future but he has as many minutes playing in the NHL as I do.

Goaltending is not the issue.

Goaltending is definitely not THE issue, but it is relevant in that it puts extra responsibility on the rest of the players. Rask probably stole one game each series in last year's playoffs, except perhaps in the finals. Halak's unlikely to do that. What he's going to do is give you a chance, and make the vast majority of the 'gettable' saves if you give him decent coverage. What the other players can't do is get beaten up and hemmed in their own zone so that the opposition gets repeat looks and shots on goal, or give up easy breakaways that expose him one-on-one. The Bruins did both of those in this game, and that's on them.

Boston's not going to have a great, A grade night every game. Every now and then they're going to be that little bit off, and that's when they're going to need a little luck or something brilliant from Halak to squeak out a win. But really, and failing that, they're just going to have to bring their best, or close to it, more often than not. They get the ability to atone for this loss straight away, so let's see what they deliver. I think the series is very winnable, but they must take the initiative and play on their terms as much as they can.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I watched, went to bed...got up, read the posts...and realized how much I miss LadyFan's posts after she gets home from a game.

Some big gaffs on D definitely cost this game. I thought overall we were lucky to get to OT, the way they turned it on to get the game tied was amazing. We had some luck (broken stick leading to first goal) and an offside negating one goal against but still didn't pull it off. They are the two best teams in the league IMO, so it will be a tough go no matter who comes out on top. Not having our Vezina candidate in net is a big advantage to the enemy so they need to give Halak a lot more help.

Go win tonight Bruins! I have faith!

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
It sure is , golden opportunity tonight. Despite their poor play they had a chance to win it and just bonehead play after bonehead play, to many Bruins had a bad game tonight including most of the D
Your post on the 10th page said it all. Chara, Carlo,Krug, weren’t good enough tonight, that’s 50% of the D. Let’s get onto the forwards. Wagner 15 feet out not even on net. Seriously? Kase had a rough night as well, Debrusk got bullied all night and didn’t engage. Clifton got high sticked and didn’t engage. Marchand got his knees almost taken out.. Ritchie was ok , not because he scored he got into some scrums, could he repeat that the next game.. I say no but I play him anyway. Bjork even with an assist tonight was the worse forward of the bunch. He was losing puck battles all night but whatever we won’t go in to it. Chara didn’t look good tonight but he’s in his forty’s . We all know his capabilities. I would say the goal that bugged me the most was when TB tied it at 1-1 .. interference or not , pick play or not Carlo and Krug could have played the body not the puck or they could have hit him or take a penalty.. You can’t allow that.

Now onto Halak . Not his night that shot should have been caught and held on for a face off in OT. It wasn’t and we all know what happened.

A lot of passengers tonight.. My question is this do the bruins play Lauzon as the seventh D and limit Chara . They probably won’t but it’s an option . Bjork has gotta be out for Studnicka even though his confidence is shot. But the big question do we go with the young man in net tonight if the coach feels Halak might need a rest. These will be the biggest decisions the coach will make in this series. They will make and break the series. You can trust me on that.

The other thing that better stop is when the Bruins score and Tampa answers real quick . That will deflate the team regardless who’s at fault.

See the problem is well the bruins didn’t do this or that but they took them into OT. These are the playoffs , it’s not good enough.. Tampa might say they didn’t play good and won . They might pick it up into another gear too.

The old saying goes catch up hockey most of the time is losing hockey

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I find it hilarious people want Cassidy to put in the guy who has literally never played a game in the NHL instead of the guy with 36 playoff games and a career playoff .923sv%.
Welcome to HF Bruins where overreaction reigns supreme especially after a loss.

Every guy is a plug, Chara's too old and we have no goalie and we must play our black aces

Just wait til the anti Tuukka crowd crawls back out from under their rock

Reactions: HumBucker

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Tampa are clearly taking a page out of the Blue's playbook by shooting from the point at every opportunity. The Bruins collapse so low into the slot that if the shot is deflected the TB forward gets to it first and puts it back to the point, rinse and repeat. If the shot is wide than it just rings around the boards back to the point, rinse and repeat. Bruins get hemmed in the zone and start running around eventually. Cassidy didn't adjust to it last year and doesn't look like he's about to adjust this year.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not worried. Having a back to back is a good thing to move on from last night.

Play Jaro, and the only swap I make is Studnicka for Bjork but I support Bruce and the coaching staff.

This team is great at bouncing back and I have no reason to believe they won't here.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Physically in the hitting with purpose department, i thought the Bruins matched the Lightning pretty well. Puck battles was another issue. Lightning forwards were tenacious all night long in winning battles for the puck and keeping plays alive and that's where the game was lost.
Imo,
Chara was in trouble all night
Krug and Carlo were in trouble most of the night
Clifton was searching for the big changing hit

Hard for transition game with a center always down low fighting position and puck as a third defenseman with puck flipped to opponents and passes thrown via the bay window.

Boston D for the exception of Mac and 48 had a real hard time yesterday. Imo, 73 must be the d who plays most, all the time he can.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Hedman and it isn’t even close, and I love me some Charlie

Yah, I got a little crazy with that one, was just tired of the Hedman B-washing by the announcers and the fans here who bash their own team constantly after every loss.

the “not even close” meh, not even getting into that.

Game 3 is ‘uge. LFG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad