Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Get a good night's sleep guys - Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
There was plenty of blame on that goal. Krug started it, Carlo made it worse, and Bjork didn't pick up the eventual goal scorer. All in all a very messed up 3 on 3. 3 on 4 if you want to include Ritchie.

View attachment 364049

Blaming Bjork on that is ridiculous. His job would
be looking for F3 or D trailer. He isn't responsible
for Krug looking like a Squirt defender or Carlo overreacting coming over on Zach Bogosian.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
They need to initiate the hits not constantly take them. Go after Hedman. Remember how they went after Bourque and tired him out.
Your not going take him out but you can agrivate him and get him to not play his game. This has been a team problem for years. I have been harping in this forever. They need to be tougher for the playiffs where there is never enough room to play.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The Bruins were not good enough to win last night's game. On paper, TB is better than the Bruins at this time, at this time. They, the Bruins, had breakdowns, mistakes, and failure to execute and these three cost them. You know the names of the players and the plays.

Tonight they must play better than last night, and TB will have the momentive so it will be difficult for the Bruins to win, unless we see the Bruins of last season's playoffs.

Go Bruins

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I just stared at the screen in OT and said "There it is" on the goal

I swear I've seen this movie before.

Kinda going numb for tonights game.
If it's anything like the movie I am thinking, the ending was depressing enough for me not to want to watch it a second time.

Reactions: Zillah

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
sounds like my prediction may come to light

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Kase
Kulary Coyle Wagner
Nordy Lindholm Clifton

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Lauzon
Clifton

Halak

Are you ever going to spell Kuraly correctly? Six letter
name of a player that's been here for his 4th PO
season.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The Bruins were not good enough to win last night's game. On paper, TB is better than the Bruins at this time, at this time. They, the Bruins, had breakdowns, mistakes, and failure to execute and these three cost them. You know the names of the players and the plays.

Tonight they must play better than last night, and TB will have the momentive so it will be difficult for the Bruins to win, unless we see the Bruins of last season's playoffs.

Go Bruins

With Stamkos and McDonagh out I don't think they on
paper are better. What's frustrating is that TB compete
level is absolutely better than Boston's.

Reactions: RoccoF14 and BMC

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Last night was a classic case of Tampa throwing the kitchen sink out there and taking advantage of last change. They still didn't play great despite what NBCSN would have you believe.

I expect adjustments like we saw in Carolina.

Hopefully Bruce is scheduled to speak to the media early as I need to do the lines for the GDT and get it to Fenway before I go out for my long walk
Good point. I would say though that TB had possession of the puck (my eyes only - no stats) 60 % of the time. Their forecheck was a trainwreck to our d.
But with the last change, Boston might adjust correctly.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Well, that is a narrowed view. Krug had a rough game...but very bad, man this is untrue.
Chara is old and slow, yes. But he is still great at pk and still has a role right now.

They need a guy like Lauzon to take some of the 5/5
time away from Krug and Chara. You could have instances of Lauzon taking d zone FO time
instead of Krug and Krug taking Chara's spot on
O zone FO time.

Reactions: BTO

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
They need a guy like Lauzon to take some of the 5/5
time away from Krug and Chara. You could have instances of Lauzon taking d zone FO time
instead of Krug and Krug taking Chara's spot on
O zone FO time.
I don’t disagree with your point here neither with game ajustements, neither finding solution to put players in their strong asset but i was responding to a post saying Krug is very bad...which ain’t right imo

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
right now I am scared shitless when any tampa player comes in with speed against Chara and Krug.
Also, enough with the weak ass clear attempts. Just ice the f***in puck. How many times last nite did we give it away when we couldve just cleared it out??
The disallowed goal McAvoy had an easy out. the 2nd goal, numerous chances to clear it out, the overtime goal. I think I counted at least 3 including the "Carlo special"

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Blaming Bjork on that is ridiculous. His job would
be looking for F3 or D trailer. He isn't responsible
for Krug looking like a Squirt defender or Carlo overreacting coming over on Zach Bogosian.

As I said they were all to blame. A simple 3 on 3 they each should commit to their guy and they all got beat.

upload_2020-8-26_14-49-39.png

Reactions: JoeyBananas

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I think it is a new-fangled and awkward way to say competitiveness? I can't say as I care for the phrase myself.

I agree with you Dr I don't care for the use of the phrase. I was hoping you had a great definition. I always think of it as extra desire to win. That little extra drop in the gas tank when it say empty.
We both know what they are trying to say, so lets get out there and compete.

Go Bruins

Reactions: Dr Hook

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What is compete level? Thanks

The ability/willingness to go balls to the wall
more frequently than your opponent. I've seen that
more on TB side the first two games. Saw it in 2018.

They have a bunch of smurfs that have had a higher
intensity level than Boston. Palat,Coleman, Point, Gourde, and Johnson are 5:11/5:10/5:09/5:08. All five have more piss and vinegar than any forward on Boston
beyond Marchand, Kuraly and Nordstrom.

Go to D and Shattenkirk crushed DeBrusk. Shattenkirk is supposedly soft. Why hasn't Carlo punished someone
like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad