Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - It Don't Come Easy - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 2 F

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Just asking what did studnicka bring that Bjork isn't bringing? Bjork had some great chances tonight and played sound defensive hockey. Not knocking studnicka but I think I'd rather have the guy with more experience in there right now against Tampa Bay.
Agreed. Shiny new toy syndrome. He hasn’t looked as good as some fans on here suggest. From what I’ve seen, Bjork and Studnicka have been very comparable. Both work hard and get a few chances but neither has the hands to bury the chances. Both decent third liners.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Since taking over for Tuukka:

Halak - 4-0; 1.75 GAA; .933 Sv%

This is the PO's, neither his GAA nor his SV% is in the top ten. Can we stop pretending here. He was great tonight and other than that slip up in the 1st game he was good there to but other than that he's been below average so stop putting the lipstick on the pig.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Donato for Coyle was a huge trade for Sweeney. Coyle is just made for the playoffs. What a player. He comes to play every game, makes things happen, protects the puck, he’s tough, he has serious skill, and goes to the front of the net. What an impact he has on these games.

I don't get how a player like what we have seen from wouldn't be a keeper for any team. Coyle for Donato was robbery.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is the PO's, neither his GAA nor his SV% is in the top ten. Can we stop pretending here. He was great tonight and other than that slip up in the 1st game he was good there to but other than that he's been below average so stop putting the lipstick on the pig.

The bottom line is the offense knows they need at least 3 goals a game to win.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Only saw the last ten minutes live had to watch the 1st 50 later. Good thing about watch a recorded game is you're more likely to back and see what really happened than when watching a live game.

Though Pasta was really good tonight. Two goal posts, a goal and an assist , a couple of good backchecks, he makes it look so easy.

Halak was great tonight both goals not his fault. Glad to see him play better, wasn't overly confident with his play before tonight.

Kase could never score a goal for the Bruins and I still would want him on the team. He does so much right makes no sense he hasn't scored yet.

I was against taking Lauzon out of the line-up for Clifton but I was wrong , he has been amazing.

Lovin' Krejci PO mode.

Carlo still not impressing. Gonna need him to find his game soon.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Amen, thank you

charliesangel

Feb 26, 2018
Yeah, maybe we need to put our number 1 guy in. Oh, wait...

Give halak a break. He is playing fine.

aguineapig

Jaro is to be given the day off and a roll of quarters for the game room to sharpen up his Pinball skills. Two bad breaks for Charlie Mc, but when you play near half the game and the Kuch comes up empty it's a draw.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This. Bjork brings absolutely nothing. Kinda feel bad for Coyle.

I completely disagree....Bjork worked his arse off last night whereas Ritchie continues to meander along like it's a pre-season game. Bjork came so close to scoring a beauty in the 3rd.

Still better options for the line up than inserting meandering Ritchie.

I can't believe some folk in here like what they're seeing from Ritchie. Shocking.

Last edited:
Reactions: pemulis and Ladyfan

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I have read multiple posts saying Ritchie “sucked” tonight and I just don’t understand the expectations I guess. This goes back to the post I had earlier about the bias. Those who don’t like him are going to say he sucked no matter what he does. He was ok tonight and the one time someone tried to get in coyle’s face he was right there. Don’t understand how he sucked. They need him in there for all of the dirtbags on Tampa who are inevitably going to try to start shit.

We traded Heinen for him, so he needs to be atleast as good (or bad) as Heinen was. Those are the expectations. You can’t be brought in to be tough and then make a soft play along the boards that allows TB to keep the puck in which then 45 seconds later your team takes a penalty because they’re gassed and couldn’t change. The Coyle play he’s skating backwards away from Hedman. You think Thornton or Looch are doing that?

I’m willing to give him some more time, but so far I’m underwhelmed

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Good first win of the series. 3rd line is still a bit of a black hole and both Bjork and Ritchie see the lowest TOI on the team.

Bjork struggles to bury chances and is just up and down all game long with his play. Skills there, but he just lacks finish. As someone whose a big Bjork fan. Id hope we'd start to see some finish

Ritchie continues to be "meh" for me. Not terrible, but not good. Was shocked to see he had 5 hits last night because I dont recall him taking 5 shifts. The only two things I remember of him last night was getting a roughing penalty for a scrum and then losing a puck battle to Kevin freaking Shattenkirk and ended up on his butt.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Good first win of the series. 3rd line is still a bit of a black hole and both Bjork and Ritchie see the lowest TOI on the team.

Bjork struggles to bury chances and is just up and down all game long with his play. Skills there, but he just lacks finish. As someone whose a big Bjork fan. Id hope we'd start to see some finish

Ritchie continues to be "meh" for me. Not terrible, but not good. Was shocked to see he had 5 hits last night because I dont recall him taking 5 shifts. The only two things I remember of him last night was getting a roughing penalty for a scrum and then losing a puck battle to Kevin freaking Shattenkirk and ended up on his butt.

Bjork is pressing and simply lacking confidence....a goal would do wonders for him.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Just asking what did studnicka bring that Bjork isn't bringing? Bjork had some great chances tonight and played sound defensive hockey. Not knocking studnicka but I think I'd rather have the guy with more experience in there right now against Tampa Bay.
Stud has better puck control, plays much bigger than he is, fights for the puck better and makes more creative plays. IMO

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I don't get how a player like what we have seen from wouldn't be a keeper for any team. Coyle for Donato was robbery.

If memory serves he was incredibly inconsistent for them and people were getting frustrated. He'd look all world for a few games, they'd think he'd turn the corner, and then just seem to mail it in for the next half dozen. I think coming to a team like The Bruins that demand that full effort buy-in and have the leadership core was probably the best thing for him.
Hope Donato has a fantastic career but that was a great trade as he's exactly the player The B's have needed since Kelly lost a gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad