Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - It Don't Come Easy - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 2 F

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
I have read multiple posts saying Ritchie “sucked” tonight and I just don’t understand the expectations I guess. This goes back to the post I had earlier about the bias. Those who don’t like him are going to say he sucked no matter what he does. He was ok tonight and the one time someone tried to get in coyle’s face he was right there. Don’t understand how he sucked. They need him in there for all of the dirtbags on Tampa who are inevitably going to try to start shit.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
In reference to the thread title, it actually came easier than I expected. Yes the final minutes were tense, but the Bruins were comfortably the better team, and it took a couple of lucky deflections and some horrendous empty net shooting to keep Tampa in the game.

Great work and hustle by the whole team. All the centers were just dominant, both on faceoffs and in general play, and helped the Bruins dictate large portions of the contest. This was Marchand's best game in the bubble, Bergy was very good, Krej and Coyle brought it again, Pasta is still heating up but still had a real impact. 4th line set the tone and made Tampa feel their hits. D was mostly fine. McAvoy played like the first-rate defender he now is, Cliffy and Gryz continue to be a good, very active pairing, Krug was involved. Carlo still feels a bit off but is gradually improving. Probably not Chara's best game, just fumbled the puck a bit, but I'm not too worried about it.

Halak was excellent. All the raving pre-game was over Vasilevskiy, who played fine, but Halak was better. Calm, tracked the puck well, and his glove work was very good.

What does Tampa bring next game? They have to work a lot harder for a start, and not get so beat up in the neutral zone, and they have to be less content to just sit on the outside, which is usually something we're critical of the Bs for. I feel like putting bodies to the net is still a potential weakness for Boston in its own zone, and the Bolts eventually saw that with two weak, if fortunate goals. Bs need to be wary of a response next game.

But a great start, really fun team effort. On to the next one!

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I have read multiple posts saying Ritchie “sucked” tonight and I just don’t understand the expectations I guess. This goes back to the post I had earlier about the bias. Those who don’t like him are going to say he sucked no matter what he does. He was ok tonight and the one time someone tried to get in coyle’s face he was right there. Don’t understand how he sucked. They need him in there for all of the dirtbags on Tampa who are inevitably going to try to start shit.

Took him a while to get going but got his legs moving. I say keep him in and hope he keeps warming up. But hey, everyone needs a whipping boy. Nick "the whip" Ritchie.

His cap hit is $1.5M too lol

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins are now 4-0 since Halak took over for Rask. Imagine what their record would be if not for his "putrid" play!

Well to me the Bruins have played really well in front of him.He has let in some really soft goals by my eyes.Rooting him on but he makes me nervous.
Lots of great performances tonight. Stick tap for DeBrusk though, he played a really good 200-foot game. We have some amazing playoff performers on this roster, and Jake is turning into one.

He is the main guy I would be locking up first if I was Sweeney.Only 23 I believe without looking it up..

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I always wondered why there were so many ads for men to color their gray hair, airing during hockey games. After those missed empty nets, I think I need a treatment.

Coach should have those guys on the ice practicing immediately after the game. It didn't bite them tonight but it's never good making things harder than necessary.

I feel for Bjork and Kase; they do a lot right, but like Beavis and Butthead, can never score.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
I want to like the guy but he makes it difficult. His board play is lacking, he's weak on the puck and he's just watching the play half the time instead of engaging. I feel like he's a guy who needs to be angry to be effective otherwise he's just there but doesn't bring much.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00