Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - It Don't Come Easy - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 2 F

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
very good game. Solid preparation. Tampa drop passes and little set plays, most were broken up/expected by the Bruins players.

Bruins weren't running around. Back checking/stealing pucks were a sight of gold

But I'm sure none of us feel safe. Have to raise it to another level in game 2.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
This. Bjork brings absolutely nothing. Kinda feel bad for Coyle.
Just asking what did studnicka bring that Bjork isn't bringing? Bjork had some great chances tonight and played sound defensive hockey. Not knocking studnicka but I think I'd rather have the guy with more experience in there right now against Tampa Bay.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Victory poutine

upload_2020-8-24_0-3-50.png

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Not sure what people are complaining about. The two best teams in the east, one goes ahead by 2 goals in the 3rd, the other is gonna push. The same would have happened had roles been reversed. Bruins could work on their zone entries though.

Halak was solid. Neither of those goals was soft; both came through a forest of legs and bodies, and deflected off McAvoy.

I had no problem with Ritchie's game or Bjork's. Good to have 2 big guys on that line (including Coyle, I mean). Would be nice if Ritchie was a little fleeter of foot, but it's a trade-off. Size matters.

Bergy's line was awesome, 2nd line was good 200 ft. DK another good game. 4th line brought the effort, grit and some sandpaper.

Clifton with another strong game. Physical, gets his chances to score. What's not to like. McAvoy solid as well. No complaints about the D.

After a weak start in the RR, this team is just starting to play the way it can.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Bruins were great tonight. Two unfortunate goals by McAvoy don’t change the fact that Boston was dominating at times. TB was underwhelming, expect more next game. Everyone looked great, but having Krejci playing vintage playoff Krejci gives this team another dimension. So happy for him.

The mobile Dmen are so fun to watch. Transition is great. Mobility, agility over size. As long as they don’t get hurt.

Ritchie did what he was supposed to do. It’s good for the team to have him present.

Refs made some stupid calls like Bergeron holding when Hedman was holding Bergy’s Stick, roughing on Wagner when Killorn was abusing Gryz. Etc

Bergeron steal & Marchand goal were supernatural!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- Professional playoff game by the Bruins. Great team win.

- Marchand should have been the 1st star. Best player on the ice

- I usually like Nordstrom's game but he had three very big gaffes that almost cost the team the game in the final minutes. Nordy's a good foot soldier and will bounce back.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I thought Ritchie was OK

bjork, still overmatched most times. His raw skill is really nice but he’s still not making good decisions and I think it’s due to feeling not physically capable in many situations, trying to play with his stick solely to compensate, and then not making smart plays because he’s over thinking

I’d sit him in favor of stud and then go with best performance in game 3

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I liked Bjork tonight. Not sure I’ve ever said that. Ritchie however didn’t do anything. I still don’t think you take him out of the lineup yet though. We need his presence even if he’s not throwing his body around. Just having a heavyweight roam around can make those dman second guess themselves.

I strongly suggest you re-watch the game. Enough with the BS Ritchie hate . He set up two really good scoring chances with no negatives, don't know what your expecting out of a 3rd liner. But that you start your post with I liked Bjork, oh man, WTF were you watching. Other than a good scoring chance where he got off a good shot I saw nothing but more of the same that we always see from Bjork , a lot of running around that amounts to nothing, no sense of where the puck is going to be next. Give this shit a rest.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bruins are now 4-0 since Halak took over for Rask. Imagine what their record would be if not for his "putrid" play!

Sorry except for tonight's he hasn't been great. I'll give him that he looked good tonight and his 1st game but otherwise he's been less than average. Let's call a spade a spade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad