Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - It Don't Come Easy - BRUINS 3 Tampa Bay 2 F

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
I have read multiple posts saying Ritchie “sucked” tonight and I just don’t understand the expectations I guess. This goes back to the post I had earlier about the bias. Those who don’t like him are going to say he sucked no matter what he does. He was ok tonight and the one time someone tried to get in coyle’s face he was right there. Don’t understand how he sucked. They need him in there for all of the dirtbags on Tampa who are inevitably going to try to start shit.

You also have to give him more than one game every five or so. I'd like to see him develop some chemistry with C. Coyle. As long as he's not hurting the team I'd keep him in.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Liked the jump to start the second and especially the third periods. Coyle was a beast (as was Krejci).

Really liked the play in the defensive zone - largely kept the Lightning to the outside and supported the puck pressure well.

The PP that led to Pasta’s goal was a piece of art. Immediately had two Wings fans text me about how beautiful that was.

TB will be physical, we knew that. They’re activating the D a lot, so there should be odd-man rushes available. The PP will also be key. This is going to be a long series but it’s nice to have the first one.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EgJ7wKyWkAIz8VT

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Donato for Coyle was a huge trade for Sweeney. Coyle is just made for the playoffs. What a player. He comes to play every game, makes things happen, protects the puck, he’s tough, he has serious skill, and goes to the front of the net. What an impact he has on these games.

Signing Halak wasn't one of DS's bad moves either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad