Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 4 7:41 PM - B's look to even the series at 2 apiece - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5

Which team wins Game 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think it was in game 4 Backes suited up against the leafs.
Came out like a bull, hitting, getting in the dirty areas, did a bit of jousting. Stirred things up. Bruins won,

Game 5....nothing. Matter of fact it was the whole team. But the guy who stood out coasting was Backes after having such a physical presence in game 4
it was game 2, then he did squat in the few others he played in

I was wrong about him when I predicted his presence in game 2 of Leafs series would be irrelevant, took just one game more for that to happen, really hoping I`m wrong again tonight if he draws in.

Reactions: nORRis8

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'm okay with Backes going back in, they could use a change up. Maybe there is something to a little more physical play and a veteran presence.

But not on the 2nd line, and not at the expense of Kuhlman.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
First strip club I ever went to, the girl on stage turned around and had a huge gauze patch on her back....
Checkmate in route 1 Peabody I was 17 and they were playing Barry White when I walked in

I was more concerned I looked 12 and getting arrested

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do we get a repeat of game 6 in Toronto?

I’d say more likely unless they are to battered and bruised

Not a gambler but i would take Boston and anything I can get

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
First strip club I ever went to, the girl on stage turned around and had a huge gauze patch on her back....

I was spoiled, we often made the 90 minute trek down the highway from Ottawa to Montreal where I fell in love with a new woman every 4 songs:)

Now, back to the Bruins, 4-2 tonight

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Kuhlman is so much better than backes at this point idk what Cassidy is doing. If it wasn’t for Backes’ contract he would have been bought out already.

Here’s to another night of watching whatever line Backes is on to be destroyed on time of possession while backes follows the play all night hitting the opposing team behind the play after the other team has already passed the puck.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kuhlman is so much better than backes at this point idk what Cassidy is doing. If it wasn’t for Backes’ contract he would have been bought out already.

Here’s to another night of watching whatever line Backes is on to be destroyed on time of possession while backes follows the play all night hitting the opposing team behind the play after the other team has already passed the puck.

Putting Backes in is one thing, putting him in on the top 6......:shakehead

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Right now our top 9 is pretty even. For a while Coyle and Johansson were playing very well. Heinen has had great possession numbers and that line could very well be our best line tonight.

Depending on whose playing well I do expect a shakeup at some point. If I had to guess at some point Kuraly moves into the top 9. One player most likely Backes moves down for limited minutes on the 4th.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

@mattyports

The Bruins are blasting Eye of the Tiger in the hallway as we wait and I’ve never been more fired up to interview people

all the great tunes to choose from and they pick this? Lemme guess, they`ll blast Alanis Morrissette for their pre-game pump up tunes loss coming up for sure:sarcasm:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Columbus has turned this series into a street brawl, we need guys like Backes to put a bit of fear into their D, to screen Bob, create some room for Krejci and JD.

Reactions: BMC

77Stormbreaker

Apr 30, 2019
If we can get past CBJ and our teams shooting % normalizes to their around their career numbers I think we have a hell of a shot at the cup.

The only guys shooting above 10% on the team are: Coyle, Krejci, Nordstrom, Accairi and barely Marchand.

Bergeron and Pastrnak are both shooting 8% when they're closer to 13% shooters, or they should have approximately 1.6x as many goals as they currently have.

Basically the only players on our team that's having any puck luck at all leading to increased production compared to their norm are Coyle, Accairi and Nordstrom.

Compared to the jackets who have 4 guys shooting over 20%: Duchene (36% lol), Panarin, Jones, Texier and then another 8 guys shooting over 10%. Oh yeah and Bobrovsky rocking a .937. Every thing that can be going right for them, is going right... we just have to hope it doesn't continue, statistically it shouldn't.

No, Cumbus is very far from getting the everything that can go right play. Columbus is icing 3 AHL Dmen for the whole series to date and 4 of their top 6 players are doing nothing. Outside of Duchene and Panarin, their top players have been held in check.

Columbus could play alot better and healthier.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
all the great tunes to choose from and they pick this? Lemme guess, they`ll blast Alanis Morrissette for their pre-game pump up tunes loss coming up for sure:sarcasm:
Nothing wrong with the song lol.

My dad hated this song but suffered through it whenever it came on because it was one of my favorites when I was 3 or 4 years old.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Remember the Leafs when they were led by Phaneuf and Kessel playing Miley Cyrus tunes in the dressing room. :laugh:

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta

Kuhlman who has all the tools to make his mark is over his head. Bad passes {at times to nobody in particular a la Pasta" } could utilize his speed better in the open ice and for crying out loud...HIT THE NET when you shoot. Zero shooting percentage after 9 shots? Huh?

Backes won't be a clutch goal scorer that he once was but he has a nasty side to him. If he drops his gloves tonight it could send a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad