Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 4 7:41 PM - B's look to even the series at 2 apiece - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5

Which team wins Game 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
it was game 2, then he did squat in the few others he played in

I was wrong about him when I predicted his presence in game 2 of Leafs series would be irrelevant, took just one game more for that to happen, really hoping I`m wrong again tonight if he draws in.
Backes was a terrible matchup against the Leafs. The whole team came out on fire in game 2.

He couldn't keep up and couldn't start the forecheck whatsoever.

He's much better suited to the CBJ style of game.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Nothing wrong with the song lol.

My dad hated this song but suffered through it whenever it came on because it was one of my favorites when I was 3 or 4 years old.
I like it only when watching Rocky {III?}. Cannot stand it otherwise

May I suggest though for the Bruins "Fireworks" by the Tragically Hip. Any song mentioning Bobby Orr should be on any Bruin fans fave list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orr Fourever

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
No, Cumbus is very far from getting the everything that can go right play. Columbus is icing 3 AHL Dmen for the whole series to date and 4 of their top 6 players are doing nothing. Outside of Duchene and Panarin, their top players have been held in check.

Columbus could play alot better and healthier.

Anderson is being very effective.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Hopefully Backes big body creates the net front presence the Bruins need. Bergeron's 2013 50ft wrist shot probably wouldn't have scored the tying goal against the Leafs if Chara's big body wasn't taking a beating in front screening.

Reactions: trenton1

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Backes may provide some help tonight purely because he is well rested. Although putting him on the second line when our top 6 can't score for shit seems like a bad move.

Whatever. If Marchand/Pasta/Bergy and Krejci won't wake up it doesn't matter. We're toast if all 4 them keep this up. My concern is that Pasta, Bergy and Krejci are all injured and may not be able to "wake up."

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Backes on the 2nd line reeks of desperation. This guy is not a Top 9 forward anymore. Now, Kuhlman isn't a 2nd liner either but at least he has the speed to keep up and can make some plays.

Reactions: Estlin

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This goal, did Josh Anderson interfere with Grz? .... ref is right there

Definitely interference. But the stripes right there is a linesman. The low ref is across the ice, and likely didn't get a good look at it. The back ref isn't even in the frame, so he's pretty deep in the zone, with lots of bodies to look through.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Remember the Leafs when they were led by Phaneuf and Kessel playing Miley Cyrus tunes in the dressing room. :laugh:

Remember when the Leafs had that lame goal song "You Make My Dreams" by Hall and Oates....oh...wait...hope they keep that for next season.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
No, Cumbus is very far from getting the everything that can go right play. Columbus is icing 3 AHL Dmen for the whole series to date and 4 of their top 6 players are doing nothing. Outside of Duchene and Panarin, their top players have been held in check.

Columbus could play alot better and healthier.

Statistically, they are, is the point I'm making.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Charlie Coyle averaging 16 minutes a game in the playoffs. He should be hovering around 20. No off nights. Theres obvious effort every night. Unlike some. Not fancy. Grind it out in the corners and work it in front of the net.

McAvoy....24 + minutes a night. A solid 24 minutes as well. Chara is averaging 22. Hes Charlies partner but a bit too much for a 42 year old.

The surprsing or maybe not as surprising stat.....Debrusk averaging 15+ minutes. If hes skating around playing with his ding dong instead of going hard to the net...ya, I would limit his time as well.

We score in an empty net for the 4-2 win.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

77Stormbreaker

Apr 30, 2019
Statistically, they are, is the point I'm making.

Statistically, they aren't. So your point is wrong.

Anderson and Bjorkstrand literally dont have a single point let alone a goal. PLD has just a goal.

Meanwhile Kreji, Pasta and DeBrusk all have at least 1 point.

Reactions: Emerz

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I believe that the key is to have Tortorella upset. Boston needs to get a couple of quick goals and then things will change.

Tortorella wil become upset and this will travel through the entire team. He can become very aggitated and do unconventional things.

I hope that the Bruins can turn this around.

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad