Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 4 7:41 PM - B's look to even the series at 2 apiece - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5

Which team wins Game 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
So Columbus will be favoured in the officiating tonight. No real surprise by the NHL. Not a lot of like from the league.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Peel and Rooney so far in this series -- only the best are chosen by the NHL to do the playoffs.

Scoring goals is a bigger worry than which rumdum is reffing. Another playoff year, another struggle to score at even strength. Hopefully there is some willingness to be versatile tonight by the coaches if the team is not scoring. Would also be nice if a couple guys can step up.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Why is that?

The Bruins players always seem to look banged-up come playoff time compared to their opponents.

Is it because the Bruins don't have any true bangers up front in their top 3 lines so they ask the likes of DeBrusk,Pasta, Bergeron, krejci, Johansson, Heinen, Kuhlman and Marchand to go out and do some banging? Its not a good recipe for success.

There's not one of those guys who plays that way, but yet once the playoffs roll around their suppose too and then some. Well its not their style and their going to wear down and more than likely injured, because not only now are they absorbing more hits their also asked to deliver hits and often on players who are more physical than them, which will take a major toll on your body. Add to that you have the Behemoths Grizz and Krug in the back-end being asked to do the same.

The bruins have a ton of skill and talent and I hope I'm wrong, but the way their built and asked to play, its like hitting the self-destruct button. It would be nice and a different story if the bruins had some bigger bodies mixed in who played with jam in their top nine. So Debrusk and Pastrnak don't have to throw their body's around continually. I still think Pasta got injured throwing a check on Muzzin.

I don't see Duchene or Panarin throwing their bodies around, heck I don't even see them being hit, but maybe that's because their saving their energy by not going around and throwing hits at everyone possible, because they have bigger bodies and players who actually play that way so their star players who can't hit aren't asked too. There-fore they have the energy/health to get the hell out of the way when some-one try's to hit them, as well as produce on the score-sheet.
I SO agree with this post.

I too believe that the B's need to have a couple more players who can play and hit. It is a shame that Miller is injured because he would help but the B's need more than two guys who can add the heavy hits .

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Good night for the outlier game of the series.

Boston scores 6 in the first.

Chara throws down with Anderson finally.

Krug gets in a wrestling match with that yappy Russian kid.

Backes fights Foligno after bowling over Bobrovsky.

Everyone here bands together in peace and harmony.

Until game 5.

What in God's name are you drinking? Make mine a double. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So Columbus will be favoured in the officiating tonight. No real surprise by the NHL. Not a lot of like from the league.
66% of the time Bluejackets win with Rooney referee in over 40 games

We got this!!

Reactions: Fenway

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
My father used to say that breakfast was the important meal of the day. I'm hoping that Cassidy took team to Dennys and order the grand slam breakfast for the troops. I want them strong and hitting everything blue tonight. Also torts losing it and visiting our dressing room would be nice .

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I want Backes in the line up. He'll open up space for his linemates and raise hell in front of Bobrovsky, plus he'll take some of the hitting load off of Chara & Clifton.

He can always be moved up & down the lines as necessary.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The thing that was bothersome was suddenly out of no where's the officiating crew felt Bergeron was cheating on faceoffs in game 3.
I would venture to say he was kicked out of more than half the draws he was supposed to take.

Some memo was sent from somewhere to target him.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The thing that was bothersome was suddenly out of no where's the officiating crew felt Bergeron was cheating on faceoffs in game 3.
I would venture to say he was kicked out of more than half the draws he was supposed to take.

Some memo was sent from somewhere to target him.
Bergeron AND Krejci.

They both were getting kicked out left and right. It was ridiculous

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I'm highly likely to be in the minority but I like bringing Backes in. He may end up getting dropped to the 4th as the game goes on but we need some net front presence and we need to be more physical.

I like to think he'll bring enthusiasm, energy, and that hard to define attribute that gets the team going.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Bergeron AND Krejci.

They both were getting kicked out left and right. It was ridiculous
Bergeron has immaculate timing & anticipation.
These goof balls were crouching over holding out the puck stalling. Bergy twitches...out he goes.
Marchand comes in to take the draw they would drop it right away.
Kind of funny, as Brad was winning lots of them.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I too believe that the B's need to have a couple more players who can play and hit. It is a shame that Miller is injured because he would help but the B's need more than two guys who can add the heavy hits .
Frederic & Studnicka are both big players who can play physical

My view these are 2 future centers

I haven’t seen enough of Studnicka but he comes highly recommended to moi

Frederic reminds me ironically of Nick Foligno- big physical with pretty good hands taken around the same spot late in first round

I’m comfortable what this team has going forward - the concern is tonight

Otherwise they can be a bigger more physical team with elite D

Kind of sucks getting little rest playing a big tough well rested team but Columbus earned the 10 days off

Guys like 37, 63, 33, 46 could use a break but ain’t happening

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
What in God's name are you drinking? Make mine a double. :laugh:
Lol went full positive today.

That and I feel like running in to something myself these days (my lousy eyes ended my sporting career way too early!). Will settle for some Bruins doing it.

Reactions: BMC

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I really don’t know what to expect tonight . I am working 3-11 so will have to DVR this one and watch it when I get home . I should make it home without knowing the score . It’s always an eerie feeling watching a Bruins playoff game tape delayed after all the excitement is over .

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I like to think he'll bring enthusiasm, energy, and that hard to define attribute that gets the team going.

Gotta stir the pot.
Bang some heads
First 4 shifts nothing but 3rd line 4th line 3rd line 4th line
Let them absorb the opening face off hits plus also crank out some as well.

Backes on the PP with his ass mushed right up against Bobs nose.

Let's win the next 3 and quit making CBJ look way better than what they really are.

Reactions: xgallantx and BMC

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Why is that?

The Bruins players always seem to look banged-up come playoff time compared to their opponents.

Is it because the Bruins don't have any true bangers up front in their top 3 lines so they ask the likes of DeBrusk,Pasta, Bergeron, krejci, Johansson, Heinen, Kuhlman and Marchand to go out and do some banging? Its not a good recipe for success.

There's not one of those guys who plays that way, but yet once the playoffs roll around their suppose too and then some. Well its not their style and their going to wear down and more than likely injured, because not only now are they absorbing more hits their also asked to deliver hits and often on players who are more physical than them, which will take a major toll on your body. Add to that you have the Behemoths Grizz and Krug in the back-end being asked to do the same.

The bruins have a ton of skill and talent and I hope I'm wrong, but the way their built and asked to play, its like hitting the self-destruct button. It would be nice and a different story if the bruins had some bigger bodies mixed in who played with jam in their top nine. So Debrusk and Pastrnak don't have to throw their body's around continually. I still think Pasta got injured throwing a check on Muzzin.

I don't see Duchene or Panarin throwing their bodies around, heck I don't even see them being hit, but maybe that's because their saving their energy by not going around and throwing hits at everyone possible, because they have bigger bodies and players who actually play that way so their star players who can't hit aren't asked too. There-fore they have the energy/health to get the hell out of the way when some-one try's to hit them, as well as produce on the score-sheet.

This is interesting and the idea reminds me of Coach Mike Sullivan's plan when Pittsburgh won their cups - the way they were built he said he wanted his forwards to turn/skate back instead of finishing their checks, saying that it made them keep their speed/tempo up and not get tied up for a few seconds with someone behind the play. Not sure I agree, but it worked for them.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
They should have won game 2 in OT, played a winnable road game 3, I think Bobrovsky comes back to earth tonight.

It's been a close f***ing series... no doubt about it. Need some puck luck. Hopefully we get it tonight. Be nice to get on the board first and extend. NEED the f***ing BIG BOYS to do something. Pasta, Bergy, March.... NEED IT

Reactions: jangerhofer

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Very difficult to find hitters that can play well. Not many out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad