Pre-Game Talk: ECSF (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruckus*

No Seidenberg and Ference.

We need to do what we did against the Capitals to get us back in the series. We need to possess the puck, get it to the red line, and get it deep.

I am someone who gets frustrated with this hockey club during the regular season when they dump the puck in over and over and refuse to try and carry it in. But in the playoffs in these series it's the right way to play.

Against Washington we got back in the series by getting the puck to the red line, getting it deep, and getting our forecheck going. If Washington got the puck we did a great job of making them go the length of the ice. That's exactly what we need to do.

They're going to have some inexperience on the backend and we need to pressure them relentless. Don't wait for them to make a mistake. Make them make a mistake.

Play with the puck in the other teams zone and win the series.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Thanks for all the updates, RB.

Seidenberg is a huge loss for them. What do their pairings look like?
Chara-Hamilton
McQuaid-Boychuk
Bartowski-Krug
?

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Is anybody else really psyched for this series?
I have long long been an advocate for NY and BOS being in the same division.

I believe the NHL foolishly killed a great original six rivalry between two markets which are automatic must watches when they play.
This is the only sport where NY and BOS are not in the same division, and next season, will have it even more subdued.

Old time hockey fans like father still hate the Bruins from back in the day, and you just know NY and BOS sells.

Is this series in NY, is extra notice being made, extra attention given that it will be Boston as opposed to any other market?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
for me what I like about thsi series is that you do not have that one dominant player like an AO to have to deal with on top of some other very good players.

The concentration level is allowed to be spread out amongst the opposing team as opposed to making sure that your top pairing is on the ice at all times against one individual. It allows for a more natural rotation of your defenceman. Keeping them fresher as the game moves along.

I think that is why we match up well aginst the Bruins because much like them, we also do not have that one offensive dominant player capable of taking over a series. Nash CAN be that player, but we have not seen that from him thus far.

I also think that defence is where we are going to have the advantage. Granted Chara is arguably the best defenceman left in the PO's but behind him is a very inexperienced group due to injury. That is where we can exploit this Bruins team.

I have my issues with playing behind the net, but if we can get our shifty forwards back there and force the inexperienced ones to take penalties it's going to throw the Bruins off kilter.

Wether we score on the ensuing PP or not is secondary, it's disrupting their flow and not allowing them to get in sync offensively.

Physically I am not concerned about this Bruins team. They have a few big bodies...so what.

Lucic and Thornton are the guys that throw the body with intent.

The rest of those guys are no different or more physical than what we just faced in Washington.

All three of Hendricks, Chimera and Ward are all more physical than Marchand, Bergeron, Seguin, Peverley, Kelly, Campbell, Pallie, Horton

The Bruins physicality does not concern me one bit. We have not been affected by that from this team over the last 4 seasons. I doubt it plays a factor in this series.

*Bob Richards*

Bruins haves one of the best outsiders to ever play for us and maybe our worst free agent signing ever on the same team.

You just know Redden will finish the series with 4 assists, all of them Jagr goals.

ruckus*

for me what I like about thsi series is that you do not have that one dominant player like an AO to have to deal with on top of some other very good players.

The concentration level is allowed to be spread out amongst the opposing team as opposed to making sure that your top pairing is on the ice at all times against one individual. It allows for a more natural rotation of your defenceman. Keeping them fresher as the game moves along.

I think that is why we match up well aginst the Bruins because much like them, we also do not have that one offensive dominant player capable of taking over a series. Nash CAN be that player, but we have not seen that from him thus far.

I also think that defence is where we are going to have the advantage. Granted Chara is arguably the best defenceman left in the PO's but behind him is a very inexperienced group due to injury. That is where we can exploit this Bruins team.

I have my issues with playing behind the net, but if we can get our shifty forwards back there and force the inexperienced ones to take penalties it's going to throw the Bruins off kilter.

Wether we score on the ensuing PP or not is secondary, it's disrupting their flow and not allowing them to get in sync offensively.

Physically I am not concerned about this Bruins team. They have a few big bodies...so what.

Lucic and Thornton are the guys that throw the body with intent.

The rest of those guys are no different or more physical than what we just faced in Washington.

All three of Hendricks, Chimera and Ward are all more physical than Marchand, Bergeron, Seguin, Peverley, Kelly, Campbell, Pallie, Horton

The Bruins physicality does not concern me one bit. We have not been affected by that from this team over the last 4 seasons. I doubt it plays a factor in this series.

Which is why we're going to need production from Hags-Step-Cally. If Boston matches Chara against Nash it makes that line extremely important. Nash was a no-show on the score sheet against Washington and now he's going to have to deal with Chara. That isn't going to help him but it should help the rest of the team. We just need to continue getting contributions from throughout the lineup and not have everyone run dry like in the first three games in Washington.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers 42s

Guess who's back in the building
BKUW2fzCcAEg9eZ.jpg

:laugh:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I guess Clowe is a no go for the start of this series. What a ****ing same. He would have been HUGE for us going down the road, especially against Boston.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYDNRangers: Marc Staal, Ryane Clowe and Darroll Powe aren't practicing today, but all other #NYR players are. Don't know who's skated alone/may laterâ€

GrizMint

Feb 17, 2010
OH YEAH, GET AMPED PEOPLE!

Will Torts sit Kreider and play Bickel to get more Jam into the lineup against a tough Boston team?

:scared:

Bickel tweeted yesterday that he is home resting injuries. Must just be his equipment returning to the practice rink.

Stu Bickel ‏@StuBickel 14 May
Back in Minny to heal the hand. Best of luck to the boys as they move on to next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad