Not open for further replies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Onward to battle, to victory, RANGERS!

a5a9fe80.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
It's different than Washington. Boston has 3 lines that trouble me. NYR keyed in on Backstrom and Ovechkin with Girardi and McD, but as we saw Riberio ran wild all over us.

Simply put, we need solid performances from everyone. Eminer hasplayed well but will be on a shot leash. Del Zotto needs to play well. I'd venture so far as to say Moore has been far superior to MDZ defensively the last 20 games.

i am not sure 1 goal and 1 assist in 7 games with a minus 2 is "running wild all over us".

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i am not sure 1 goal and 1 assist in 7 games with a minus 2 is "running wild all over us".

If anyone ran wild over us it was Ward. Ribeiro didn't even seem to get or create that many chances. Was completely unimpressed. Did score an empty netter though in OT.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Ribiero was largely ineffective he never adapted and tried too many pretty plays. In a sense the Caps beat themselves especially in a few of the closer games where they added a pass instead of just shooing.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Ribiero was largely ineffective he never adapted and tried too many pretty plays. In a sense the Caps beat themselves especially in a few of the closer games where they added a pass instead of just shooing.

Why are we still talking about Count Chocula and Washington?

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
If anyone ran wild over us it was Ward. Ribeiro didn't even seem to get or create that many chances. Was completely unimpressed. Did score an empty netter though in OT.

Ward was by far their best offensive player during the series.

BarbaraAlphanse

Eminger better grow some stones this round. At least Bickel threw down. :sarcasm:

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
All these bear fighting images and no one has yet photoshopped a player onto Jaime Lannister from the latest Game of Thrones.

You should all be ashamed. I'd do it, but I have no talent, and thus feel shame.

BarbaraAlphanse

All these bear fighting images and no one has yet photoshopped a player onto Jaime Lannister from the latest Game of Thrones.

You should all be ashamed. I'd do it, but I have no talent, and thus feel shame.

Everyone hates Jamie Lannister though...

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Bears, pfft. I know, I know Bruins...

But this is the only picture that accurately depicts how I feel, especially about Hank's SO performances. In fact he should use this on his mask.

kick-a-rhino-in-the-dick.jpg

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Could you care to elaborate? A .47 PPG is the epitome of mediocre production for a 'high end prospect' and player 'who should get more playing time'. No one is asking for Christian Thomas to join NHL team, despite having same PPG. Kreider is fine in 5-10 min role and healthy scratch.

Check his PPG after being sent down a second time.

You realize it was still his first pro season, right?

Kershaw

Funny how you bash Kreider only to follow it up by saying "Speed can kill the Bruins"

Besides the Asham goal, I've rarely seen Kreider use his speed this season.

Kreider has not been that bad this season as you make it out to be. So far, since his last return from Hartford, he has been solid. Defensively, he's still a bit of an issue, but the guy is playing his first full season. Miller is equally bad defensively, yet he gets a pass from many, come judgement day.

I am not saying Kreider deserves top-line minutes, but give the kid a break.

Miller is considered better defensively because he thinks the game much better. He is not perfect out there and does make a lot of mistakes, but I see him at least being able to create offense on his own, even if he fails a lot of the time. Kreider on other hand plays like scared kitten most of the year and doesn't engage in any plays. He is playing like a ........ rookie player. That's why he shouldn't be in the lineup imo.

Kershaw

Check his PPG after being sent down a second time.

You realize it was still his first pro season, right?

11 pts in 14 GP since being sent down. Small sample sizes IMO, but encouraging that he was producing at a bit higher rate. March was his only PPG month entire season. Christian Thomas, Marek Hrivik and JT Miller also in first pro seasons, but all 3 have been better AHL players

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Besides the Asham goal, I've rarely seen Kreider use his speed this season.

Well, he did, so maybe give him a chance to do it again?

Look, I don't think Kreider has been great — and while that mistake on the Green chance was infuriating, I honestly don't think he's been that bad defensively. It doesn't help that he's playing with Brad Richards and Arron Asham, two players who aren't exactly known for their defensive experience.

Either way, I think he should have been playing 8-10 minutes a game all year — pretty much developing him like Anaheim has developed Emerson Etem. They are similar players, but Kreider is bigger and stronger. I think the constant up and down hurt Kreider, to be honest. Either leave him in the minors, or keep him up and play him. None of this mind game ********.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Rangers have won 4 of their last 5

Their defense (aka Lundqvist) has gotten better and better

giving up 4 goals, 4 goals, 1 goal, shut out, shut out. In their last 5

Boston plays a much different style than washington, I feel that we will be able to play our style and excel at it.

Boston has injuries at defense, and our offense likes to play below the goal line which turns the defense around... guys like haglein, zucc and cally are gonna have a field day cycling with the rookie defensemen in their line up

If rangers can score 2-3 goals per game we will win the series IMO

I'm not to scared of Boston , i respect them but just not that scared. I feel the ranger players will step up for that extra GWG.

One thing i feel is gonna be huge in the series is the way the rangers respond when Boston ties up a game late in the third..... Boston did that all series against Toronto. Also did it to us one game this season.

I think Callahan, Richards, Boyle are gonna have a good series

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

It didnt translate into points, but the Ribeiro line had us pinned in our own zone practically every time they were on the ice. The only reason Ribeiro didn't have more points was, 1) he passed up many scoring chances in favor of over passing, and 2) Lundqvist.
"running wild over us" is actually an accurate description. But, we have the best goalie on the planet right now.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
11 pts in 14 GP since being sent down. Small sample sizes IMO, but encouraging that he was producing at a bit higher rate. March was his only PPG month entire season. Christian Thomas, Marek Hrivik and JT Miller also in first pro seasons, but all 3 have been better AHL players

I've always felt that Kreider will be a guy who plays to the level he's at. Won't dominate the AHL and won't dominate the NHL but can be productive. McDonagh didn't dominate the AHL but then came up to the NHL and was a beast. I feel Kreider can be the same way. If he uses his speed, like on that Asham goal, he can definitely back defenses up and open up the ice. The main thing with him is playing with confidence and consistency.

On another note, does anyone else feel like we don't have a 4th line? Even used in 4th line minutes, the Kreider-Richards-Asham line has the potential to be a productive and useful line. Asham is really the only 4th liner on the roster. Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett is a great 3rd/checking line, if anything that is the 3a and Richards line is 3b. Making that Richards line Clowe-Richards-Kreider or Clowe-Richards Asham makes it more of a 3rd line than anything else.

Zucc-Brassgod-Nash
Hags-Stepan-Cally
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
Kreider/Clowe-Richards-Asham/Clowe

That's a deep 4 lines right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad