Pre-Game Talk: ECSF (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Bickel tweeted yesterday that he is home resting injuries. Must just be his equipment returning to the practice rink.

Stu Bickel ‏@StuBickel 14 May
Back in Minny to heal the hand. Best of luck to the boys as they move on to next round!

Oh, that's lame. I wanted to see this board crumble :naughty:

ruckus*

I guess Clowe is a no go for the start of this series. What a ****ing same. He would have been HUGE for us going down the road, especially against Boston.

I don't think anyone should be expecting to see Clowe anytime soon. He missed almost two full weeks after suffering the concussion against Carolina at the end of the regular season. Then it seemed pretty apparent he suffered the same injury again in Game 5. That was on May 10th. That's five days ago. He missed 13 before returning the first time. If he does return this season I doubt it's earlier than the Conference Finals.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't think anyone should be expecting to see Clowe anytime soon. He missed almost two full weeks after suffering the concussion against Carolina at the end of the regular season. Then it seemed pretty apparent he suffered the same injury again in Game 5. That was on May 10th. That's five days ago. He missed 13 before returning the first time. If he does return this season I doubt it's earlier than the Conference Finals.

I don't know about a concussion this time around for Clowe. I understand the speculation, but after he takes the hit (was it Chimera?), he doesn't seem dazed. What does happen though is he immediately starts flexing and looking at his right hand.

A concussion wouldn't surprise me, but I think it may be an arm/hand injury.

He even took a shift after the hit. There's no WAY they'd put him back on the ice if anyone even sniffed a concussion.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I don't know about a concussion this time around for Clowe. I understand the speculation, but after he takes the hit (was it Chimera?), he doesn't seem dazed. What does happen though is he immediately starts flexing and looking at his right hand.

He even took a shift after the hit. There's no WAY they'd put him back on the ice if anyone even sniffed a concussion.

Is there video of the hit on Clowe?, I don't remember seeing it during the game.

GFiP*

I don't understand how staal even came back for a game if its this bad.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

I mean it's tough to say since we have no info. Would I be shocked if the monster hit he took in the first made things worse or made him/management think it isn't safe for him to be out there? No I would not be shocked.

PBarrz

Feb 26, 2013
Boston, MA
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!

ruckus*

It could be. I just lean toward the concussion again because he just came off of one and got hit from behind. Plus we don't even hear reports of him being in the locker room or around at all. That's usually what happens when the guys have concussions. They stay locked up at home and there's no sign of them. If it were something else I would assume we would at least get the reports of him being in the locker room but just not practicing.

I just got the vibe listening to his quotes after the game that he didn't feel comfortable out there. He even stated that his vision is no 100% and that it comes and goes on a daily basis. When he was out there that game he took a big hit in the corner early in the game. He looked a little shaken from it like anyone would from a decent hit, but I don't think it was that part that bothered him. I got the feeling it was the fact that he wasn't even aware that the player was coming that bothered him. He's clearly trying to adjust to not being able to see things the way he normally does. When the game is played this fast and with this type of physicality, it's not really an environment that's conducive for trying to relearn the game. I honestly don't think we're going to see him for a while unless his vision magically gets better and he has three, four, five consecutive days where he feels like he's seeing good. That apparently hasn't happened since the injury so I'm not expecting it to happen now.

Powe looked like he suffered another concussion as well.

Personally I don't expect to see any of them anytime soon.

ruckus*

Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!

Don't be a dick. Visiting fans who get beat up are the ones who antagonize the home crowd and talk crap. If you just go in your jersey you're probably going to get harrassed a little bit but if you just ignore it or take it with a sense of humor it shouldn't be a problem. I've never had a problem and I go to away games all the time. The only times I've ever really felt threatened without even doing anything is when there's really intoxicated people around. But the good news with that is you can usually get away from them pretty easily since when they're that drunk they don't really have the coordination to move to well. So yeah, just go and don't antagonize the home crowd and mind your business and ignore the hecklers. You'll be fine.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

Well...then you beat them up. Or you could just give me a ticket and I'll be your bodyguard. :naughty:

I think you'll be fine as long as you don't too heated with the locals. Just keep to yourself and don't gloat.

PBarrz

Feb 26, 2013
Boston, MA
Don't be a dick. Visiting fans who get beat up are the ones who antagonize the home crowd and talk crap. If you just go in your jersey you're probably going to get harrassed a little bit but if you just ignore it or take it with a sense of humor it shouldn't be a problem. I've never had a problem and I go to away games all the time. The only times I've ever really felt threatened without even doing anything is when there's really intoxicated people around. But the good news with that is you can usually get away from them pretty easily since when they're that drunk they don't really have the coordination to move to well. So yeah, just go and don't antagonize the home crowd and mind your business and ignore the hecklers. You'll be fine.

Thanks! That's pretty much how I figured things would be!

Sad to hear Staal is done for the rest of the playoffs!! But the Bs could be without Ference or Boychuk apparently, and I've never thought Rask was good enough to get a team to a cup, definitely not close to Hanks level, so hopefully we can pull out a win in Boston!

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Well...then you beat them up. Or you could just give me a ticket and I'll be your bodyguard. :naughty:

I think you'll be fine as long as you don't too heated with the locals. Just keep to yourself and don't gloat.

Exactly. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

TimmytheTank

Nov 13, 2008

Bruins fan coming in peace. This is very true. Bruins fans might heckle a visiting fan but in general I like to think we are pretty good hosts. Some Toronto fans got into trouble because they (allegedly) were making very tasteless jokes about the bombings. Short of that, wear your jersey with pride.

emodwarf

Oct 12, 2009
Boston. Sucks.

B's fans for the most part are fine (they're not Flyers fans, after all). I've worn Rangers stuff to games in Boston before and no one's given me too much crap for it.

You'll probably get some heckling and maybe have popcorn thrown at you or something, but as long as you're not an obnoxious jerk and steer clear of super drunk Boston idiot dudebros you'll be alright.

PBarrz

Feb 26, 2013
Boston, MA
Bruins fan coming in peace. This is very true. Bruins fans might heckle a visiting fan but in general I like to think we are pretty good hosts. Some Toronto fans got into trouble because they (allegedly) were making very tasteless jokes about the bombings. Short of that, wear your jersey with pride.

Awesome! Looking forward to a good series!

I did see that "Toronto stronger" thing in Toronto, that was pretty low, living in Boston myself, even I wouldn't let it fly if someone joked about the bombing.

PBarrz

Feb 26, 2013
Boston, MA
B's fans for the most part are fine (they're not Flyers fans, after all). I've worn Rangers stuff to games in Boston before and no one's given me too much crap for it.

You'll probably get some heckling and maybe have popcorn thrown at you or something, but as long as you're not an obnoxious jerk and steer clear of super drunk Boston idiot dudebros you'll be alright.

"Don't be a jerk and steer clear of the drunk idiot dudebros" I feel like that advice applies to life in general. Ha.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa

What the ****?

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Those pansies making jokes about the bombings deserve to catch a malicious beating. That's messed up. Toronto strong? What was the tragedy that happened there? The Cn tower got constructed was the last i heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad