Pre-Game Talk: ECSF (4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderPSI

Old Salty Dog
Sep 6, 2007
New Jersey
Some Toronto fans got into trouble because they (allegedly) were making very tasteless jokes about the bombings. Short of that, wear your jersey with pride.

That is ****ing terrible. That is one time a out of town fan/s deserves to get his ass kicked. So classless that some people would even go down that route. :shakehead

Other then that, cheers to a good battle between two good teams.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!

I was actually there in February in the upper level. The crowd gets pretty rowdy but it won't be a problem wearing your jersey. You'll more than likely get your balls busted but as long as your respectful, you'll be fine. As a previous poster stated....it's not like Philly. That's a real nasty crowd.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Actually, what happened was that ONE idiot had a sign in Toronto that read "Toronto StrongER"...pretty pathetic, and even friends of mine that a Leafs fans admitted that it was in VERY bad taste

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!

He's not totally full of it, but if he's talking about the two Toronto fans who got beat up he's a little mis-informed and either left out the facts leading up to those beatings or doesn't know about them. Anyone who goes into anyone else's barn wearing the opposing teams jersey and then makes stupid comments referring to a horrific tragedy and stating that we "deserved what we got" and/or being drunkenly stupid should know things aren't going to end well for them. I would imagine if the same situations occurred down there the end result would have been the same. Just don't be an obnoxious fan that makes everyone around you miserable every time NYR does something good. Be that opposing team fan that can sit with the "enemy", have a few beers, enjoy the game and some friendly ribbing and you'll be fine. Not that we don't have our share of idiots up here, but we are not nearly as unfriendly as others try to make us out to be.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
B's fans for the most part are fine (they're not Flyers fans, after all). I've worn Rangers stuff to games in Boston before and no one's given me too much crap for it.

You'll probably get some heckling and maybe have popcorn thrown at you or something, but as long as you're not an obnoxious jerk and steer clear of super drunk Boston idiot dudebros you'll be alright.
I've attened many Bruins Rangers games in Boston.
The fans back then were fine, absolutely no comments.
It helped that the Rangers usually bring a lot of fans to Boston and there is always a Let's Go Rangers chant.

I was actually there in February in the upper level. The crowd gets pretty rowdy but it won't be a problem wearing your jersey. You'll more than likely get your balls busted but as long as your respectful, you'll be fine. As a previous poster stated....it's not like Philly. That's a real nasty crowd.
I haven't been in several years, do we still have a nice pack of fans there?

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Thanks for all the updates, RB.

Seidenberg is a huge loss for them. What do their pairings look like?
Chara-Hamilton
McQuaid-Boychuk
Bartowski-Krug
?

Chara-Hamilton
Boychuk-Bartkowski
McQuaid-Krug

Doesn't look like Ference will play, still don't know about Seidenberg. I'm thinking Rangers in 5 or 6, with every game being very competitive.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
I've attened many Bruins Rangers games in Boston.
The fans back then were fine, absolutely no comments.
It helped that the Rangers usually bring a lot of fans to Boston and there is always a Let's Go Rangers chant.

I haven't been in several years, do we still have a nice pack of fans there?

Yeah there was a good showing. A lot of guys made the trip up after that Boston blizzard. Boston did the same thing that night.....scored two empty netters in the last 90 seconds to tie it up but lost in the SO.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's different than Washington. Boston has 3 lines that trouble me. NYR keyed in on Backstrom and Ovechkin with Girardi and McD, but as we saw Riberio ran wild all over us.

Simply put, we need solid performances from everyone. Eminer hasplayed well but will be on a shot leash. Del Zotto needs to play well. I'd venture so far as to say Moore has been far superior to MDZ defensively the last 20 games.

Zappy

Apr 23, 2013
island in the sun
It's different than Washington. Boston has 3 lines that trouble me. NYR keyed in on Backstrom and Ovechkin with Girardi and McD, but as we saw Riberio ran wild all over us.

Simply put, we need solid performances from everyone. Eminer hasplayed well but will be on a shot leash. Del Zotto needs to play well. I'd venture so far as to say Moore has been far superior to MDZ defensively the last 20 games.

I don't think that is venturing far.

I sometimes wonder what team MDZ is playing for.

*Bob Richards*

Call your bets for unsung heroes.

I say Chris Kreider shows some stones assuming Clowe stays out.

Kershaw

Call your bets for unsung heroes.

I say Chris Kreider shows some stones assuming Clowe stays out.

Hmm pretty bold choice considering Kreider's atrocity of a season thus far in both AHL and NHL. I say unsung hero will be Hagelin again. Speed can kill the Bruins over the years.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
As long as no ankles are broken while blocking Chara's shots, I am fine with that. We will need a solid performance from Eminger and Del Zotto. I am not worried about Moore, Stralman and our top pairing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hmm pretty bold choice considering Kreider's atrocity of a season thus far in both AHL and NHL. I say unsung hero will be Hagelin again. Speed can kill the Bruins over the years.

Funny how you bash Kreider only to follow it up by saying "Speed can kill the Bruins"

Kreider has not been that bad this season as you make it out to be. So far, since his last return from Hartford, he has been solid. Defensively, he's still a bit of an issue, but the guy is playing his first full season. Miller is equally bad defensively, yet he gets a pass from many, come judgement day.

I am not saying Kreider deserves top-line minutes, but give the kid a break.

Kershaw

:facepalm:

You're trying too hard, bro.

Could you care to elaborate? A .47 PPG is the epitome of mediocre production for a 'high end prospect' and player 'who should get more playing time'. No one is asking for Christian Thomas to join NHL team, despite having same PPG. Kreider is fine in 5-10 min role and healthy scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad