GDT: ECQF GAME 2 - B's blow a 2 goal lead and lose in OT 4-3 - Series tied 1-1

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
with a defence group of Chara, Mcalvoy, Liles, K,Miller, and Morrow, playing with 5 d most of the game it was a miracle this game went to overtime. Lets hope we get Collin Miller and Carlo back in the line up for game 3. Eventually this D group that is currently playing will look real bad, thank god Ottawa is not that good of a hockey team. Take away Eric Karlson and this Ottawa team is very average at best.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That 3rd goal was a nightmare...

Nash on Karlsson. Suddenly decide to let Karlsson to Moore who wasn't aware of the switch. Nash tried to recover and close on Kralsson but too slow and too far. Meanwhile, Vatrano doing nothing and watching Karlsson letting Brassard all alone.

Abysmal.

That was 100% Moore. Nash played that right then covered for Moore (poorly) when the switch failed. But Moore played a good game. Vatrano losing his guy was bad too. But, shoot, Vattravo has a goal this series. Bruins are asking a lot of their bottom 6 guys right now w/o Krejci. If you want to point a finger, point it at Backes and Spooner.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Very disappointed but yeah, 1-1 coming home is what pretty much everyone would gladly take, so on to the next one. Hopefully we get any of our D-men back and....hit Karlsson hard.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Got the split, Boucher who is just as a big a matchup guy as Claude was no longer gets his last change now. Just win game 3, see from there.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hate the loss today, but happy coming back to TD Garden with a split...

We need to get some defense back, and it would be really nice to make it through a game without losing a blue liner. I'm sure someone has pointed it out, but in the last four games we have lost a defenseman; McQuaid today, C. Miller in game one, Carlo in the season finale and Krug the game before. K. Miller better take care of himself Monday night!!

I am with you.

Are you going Monday ?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
the main thing judging from interviews is the bruins dont look dejected about the loss. thats good news.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
With all these injuries, it's a miracle that we're back in Boston tied 1-1. Happy with the fight the boys have in them. But if we don't get back a sizeable amount of players (I am thinking at least two D. Probably two D and Krejci), we are toast.
Ottawa is rather pathetic. If they go through, NYR/MTL will trounce them.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Stupid play by Chara to put the puck over the glass I still think that caused us to lose. McAvoy should be instructing Chara :yo:

Yeah, rag on the 40 year old defenseman who's played way better than anyone around here dreamed for this season and logged 30 minutes yesterday..... because he was gassed and got too much on a clear/or had a brief mental lapse and didn't bear down.:shakehead

This place is just unreal sometimes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruins win if Quaider was not hurt early Huge loss for 3rd period up 2 He must be bad if he could not play

respectfully disagree BP, while I think his presence would definitely have helped, the forwards literally forgot all they have been taught about playing composed and positionally sound D in that 3rd period.

The B`s grabbed that 3-1 lead in Quaider`s absence and they should have been able to hold it.

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Good point. Rask was weak on goal 2 and 4 but I don't put this loss on him at all.

Marchand has the GWG in game 1.

Was the best player on his line today.

Just don't understand why some are in his back for this loss. What did Pasta and Bergy do better than him today?

I hate that argument well Rask was good in game 1 and Marchand scored the GWG in game 1 so it's okay they laid an egg in game 2.

These guys are heavily relied on and paid appropriately and as a fan I don't expect "night offs" especially in the playoffs.. I understand it will happen but should not be expected. I hope there ready Monday because they just gave this Ottawa team a ton of life.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
See you Monday?

No but getting close to returning to action. My orthopedic told me I'm healing so fast I'm not human. I agreed

I'm going game 6 next Sunday

Give Kevan Miller my best ;)

He knows who on HF has his back

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
respectfully disagree BP, while I think his presence would definitely have helped, the forwards literally forgot all they have been taught about playing composed and positionally sound D in that 3rd period.

The B`s grabbed that 3-1 lead in Quaider`s absence and they should have been able to hold it.

I disagree Maybee a few blocked shots in the third and OT might have made a huge difference,it was a shooting gallery comming from the point in the third

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad