GDT: ECQF GAME 2 - B's blow a 2 goal lead and lose in OT 4-3 - Series tied 1-1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A very tough loss to swallow :cry::cry::cry:

17904452_10211697881255259_2151893684728326004_n.jpg

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/bos-vs-ott/2017/04/15/2016030122#game=2016030122,game_state=live

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI - BRUINS

VIDEO NHL.com

Last edited:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Tough loss....but if anyone told you no defense and no krejci and tied 1-1 you'd be ecstatic.

Let's hope to.get healthy for a change...no reason not to twin both home games

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The OT goal was on Rask. I acknowledge turnovers and poor zone coverage but Rask had a chance to freeze the puck and either couldn't hold on to the puck or chose to move it. Then, he was beaten short side on a shot that, from the looks of it, he saw.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The OT goal was on Rask. I acknowledge turnovers and poor zone coverage but Rask had a chance to freeze the puck and either couldn't hold on to the puck or chose to move it. Then, he was beaten short side on a shot that, from the looks of it, he saw.

yep, the shot was a tough one but should have never even occurred

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Any moron blaming Rask for this loss needs to quit watching hockey. If you haven't figured out the sport by now there is no hope for you.

So was Rask a star? Or did he just play ok. Made some saves but when it matter he didn't come up big. 7 million a year coming up big at the right time is part of the contract. He is not the only reason but anything short of great goaltending will win nothing in the playoffs.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

Horrible goaltending.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario

It was on Chara too. Came right after his penalty ended.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I blame Chara for taking the dumbest ****ing penalty I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, that can't happen in the PRESEASON. Then I blame Marchand for trying to do way too much all game long. His creativity is great, but he needs to use it sparingly. Several times this game he made some dumbass play and lost possession instead of passing it to the open man.

Passing was atrocious all game long.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Marchand and Pastrnak both need to take their heads out of their ass. Aside from his goal in G1, Marchand has totally sucked. Pastrnak has missed how many prime opportunities?

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Marchand had to get that puck out. Needed a 7 iron and used a lob wedge. Chara penalty at the end of the 3rd didn't help either. Vatrano losing his man on the third goal... bad coverage.

Bottom line the injuries caught up with us. Had to ice guy's that were overworked/shouldn't be on the ice.

I said I'd be happy with a split and that's what the Bs gave me. Win these next two at home. Hope we can get some bodies back for Game 3.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
So was Rask a star? Or did he just play ok. Made some saves but when it matter he didn't come up big. 7 million a year coming up big at the right time is part of the contract. He is not the only reason but anything short of great goaltending will win nothing in the playoffs.

There isn't a goalie in the league that can play amazing every game consistently. He played average. The team needed to be better infront of him.

This is not in Rask. He is the reason we came away with the split.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Happy to be heading back to Boston with a split series considering their injuries.

But that was a bad win to give up. Would have been so demoralizing for the Sens if they could have held on. Instead they've got the momentum.

Bruins gotta get healthy. And surely there is someone who can replace Beleskey, he is absolute trash.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Would like to see a replay of Phaneuf keeping that puck in, looked like it might have came out. Surprised that they didn't challenge it, nothing to lose.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
they gave us game 1. we give them game 2.

tuukka has to stop that secnd goal. they had nothing up until that fluffer.

krejci better be back.

vatrano clueless on the 3rd goal.
ugh.

we have to shoot more. anderson looks weak in there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad