GDT: ECQF GAME 2 - B's blow a 2 goal lead and lose in OT 4-3 - Series tied 1-1

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
What the hell is wrong with Krejci? If it's not short term they've got to make some adjustment to the forwards in his absence.

I can only say that he's played through 2 hip injury/premature recoveries,so this one must be really dibilitating.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What the hell is wrong with Krejci? If it's not short term they've got to make some adjustment to the forwards in his absence.

not sure it`s the answer but I wouldn`t allow Vatrano nor Beleskey to see the ice again. I`d put JFK in there with insulated minutes, Beleskey played about 8-9 minutes that I think JFK could handle

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I can only say that he's played through 2 hip injury/premature recoveries,so this one must be really dibilitating.

yep, my gut says wrist which he would be rendered useless if so, can`t take faceoffs, most likely can`t shoot, and giving and taking passes would be impossible, not good

I am tough on the guy but his absence is felt, it just shifts players out of the position in the lineup they should be playing

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
yep, my gut says wrist which he would be rendered useless if so, can`t take faceoffs, most likely can`t shoot, and giving and taking passes would be impossible, not good

I am tough on the guy but his absence is felt, it just shifts players out of the position in the lineup they should be playing

Any kind of contact with other players and the boards probably very painful too

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
not sure it`s the answer but I wouldn`t allow Vatrano nor Beleskey to see the ice again. I`d put JFK in there with insulated minutes, Beleskey played about 8-9 minutes that I think JFK could handle

I would replace Beleskey with JFK for sure. I'm fairly unimpressed with Vatrano's game apart from that shot but I'm fine to keep him around with limited minutes for now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
We had such a good year for injuries this year, you knew it would catch up at some point. 4 of their 6 regulars at one position is absurd though, reminds me of Tampa being down all of their centers late in the year.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
http://www.tsn.ca/talent/post-2-post-rask-struggles-for-bruins-1.725637

Jamie McLennan, who we all know is a former NHL goalie and knows way more about goaltending than anyone of us combined, gave rask a 2 yesterday and the headline of the article you can see for yourself. Rask did not cost us the game, he did steal game 1... however, he needed to make a few saves yesterday and he didn't. I'm glad Jamie mentioned one key part to the game winning goal. He had a chance to glove the shot prior to Phaneuf's and muffed it out. If he holds onto that puck it allows the Bruins to reset and potentially have a different ending. Also, he thinks Phaneuf's goal is a goal that should be stopped... and after watching it a dozen times, I have to agree. Did not like goal 2 or goal 4 yesterday.

Again, not trying to **** on Rask, but if he works harder to see around McAvoy (you're gonna get screened in the NHL, it happens, you can't just sit there like "oh **** I can't see", I watched Holtby and Andersen work tooth and nail last night to see around traffic) and find that puck he probably makes an easy save and who knows what the outcome may have been. He seemed to struggle to find the puck on the Phaneuf chance as well, which was also a stoppable shot.

Plenty of blame to go around but I think those attributing zero blame to Tuukka need to reassess a little bit. That was a monumental period and opportunity that the Bruins let slip away yesterday. Hopefully we can ice a healthier team on Monday, survive the game injury free and get a 2-1 lead. Most importantly we need our best players to be our best players. They are leaving something to be desired so far if you ask me. Huge game tomorrow.

I guess if there is anybody who would be an expert on bad goals in would be Noodles. He is tasked with doing a review of all goaltenders each night and arbitrarily applies a grade. Based on what exactly is the question. One play it would appear. Admittedly it's a critical one based on the time of the game but hardly a solid analysis. He lists a good and bad play for each goaltender and little else. Anderson, who arguably was on par with his play for most the game two gets a 3 despite the gaff on Schaller's gift and Rask a 2 for failing to close his glove on a shot.

Rask faced 59 shots in 2 games. He cartianly wasn't perfect in game 2 but he was hardly awful either. Goaltending is not an issue for the Bruins at all now from my vantage point.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No but getting close to returning to action. My orthopedic told me I'm healing so fast I'm not human. I agreed

I'm going game 6 next Sunday

Give Kevan Miller my best ;)

He knows who on HF has his back

I will. He has known for awhile that Wendy and I support him.

I do believe someone on that team reads this board

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
http://www.tsn.ca/talent/post-2-post-rask-struggles-for-bruins-1.725637

Jamie McLennan, who we all know is a former NHL goalie and knows way more about goaltending than anyone of us combined, gave rask a 2 yesterday and the headline of the article you can see for yourself. Rask did not cost us the game, he did steal game 1... however, he needed to make a few saves yesterday and he didn't. I'm glad Jamie mentioned one key part to the game winning goal. He had a chance to glove the shot prior to Phaneuf's and muffed it out. If he holds onto that puck it allows the Bruins to reset and potentially have a different ending. Also, he thinks Phaneuf's goal is a goal that should be stopped... and after watching it a dozen times, I have to agree. Did not like goal 2 or goal 4 yesterday.

Again, not trying to **** on Rask, but if he works harder to see around McAvoy (you're gonna get screened in the NHL, it happens, you can't just sit there like "oh **** I can't see", I watched Holtby and Andersen work tooth and nail last night to see around traffic) and find that puck he probably makes an easy save and who knows what the outcome may have been. He seemed to struggle to find the puck on the Phaneuf chance as well, which was also a stoppable shot.

Plenty of blame to go around but I think those attributing zero blame to Tuukka need to reassess a little bit. That was a monumental period and opportunity that the Bruins let slip away yesterday. Hopefully we can ice a healthier team on Monday, survive the game injury free and get a 2-1 lead. Most importantly we need our best players to be our best players. They are leaving something to be desired so far if you ask me. Huge game tomorrow.

Very interesting take here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->