GDT: ECQF GAME 2 - B's blow a 2 goal lead and lose in OT 4-3 - Series tied 1-1

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I remember you were crapping on Marchand all game long in game #1 up until his GWG then you kind of vanished without giving him praise. Are you that kind?

Considering he's my favorite player, I just have extremely high expectations for him. And I did not vanish. I manned up for that one. :laugh:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Good point. Rask was weak on goal 2 and 4 but I don't put this loss on him at all.

Marchand has the GWG in game 1.

Was the best player on his line today.

Just don't understand why some are in his back for this loss. What did Pasta and Bergy do better than him today?

Well Bergy scored for one thing.

I thought Pasta blew some offensive chances and seemed to be falling down a lot. I thought Marchand didn't play well and contributed to some poor plays. Many others noted he was struggling this game as well in the GDT.

It's also a lot more noticeable since that line is really the only reliable threat the Bruins have right now, which isn't their fault.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Well Bergy scored for one thing.

I thought Pasta blew some offensive chances and seemed to be falling down a lot. I thought Marchand didn't play well and contributed to some poor plays. Many others noted he was struggling this game as well in the GDT.

It's also a lot more noticeable since that line is really the only reliable threat the Bruins have right now, which isn't their fault.

To me, all three had sub par games. Just don't know why Marchand would be singled out to be invisible for 95% of the time and silence over the other two Bergy-Pasta.

Anyhow, these three are very far down the line of culprid for this loss to me:

1-Nash
2-Moore
3-Vatrano
4-Schaller
5-Rask

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
To me, all three had sub par games. Just don't know why Marchand would be singled out to be invisible for 95% of the time and silence over the other two Bergy-Pasta.

Anyhow, these three are very far down the line of culprid for this loss to me:

1-Nash
2-Moore
3-Vatrano
4-Schaller
5-Rask

I really can't agree with this list though . I actually think all things considered we played a pretty good game .

I know they lost a d/man too but we were with out four of our top 6 defenseman at least before 73 came in to the fold.

I didn't think Liles had his best game but I thought the defense held up pretty good and I thought we got a little from all four lines tonight unlike the first game .

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
It just sucks we blew a lead and a chance to put them in a big hole .

The other bad news is that 65 was a higher level today and I am guessing he is going to keep improving .

Outside of those two things I think it looks pretty good if we can get a couple bodies back.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I really can't agree with this list though . I actually think all things considered we played a pretty good game .

I know they lost a d/man too but we were with out four of our top 6 defenseman at least before 73 came in to the fold.

I didn't think Liles had his best game but I thought the defense held up pretty good and I thought we got a little from all four lines tonight unlike the first game .

This list is who is to blame for goals 2, 3 and 4.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bruins D today was:

Chara
McAvoy
K.Miller
Morrow
Liles

4th game in a row they lost a D to injury early (Krug-Carlo-C.Miller-McQuaid) and finished the game with 5D.

brantfordbruin

May 13, 2015
Bruins took 1 game from ottawa. We have the puck going into Boston, I have full faith we win the next 3 and take the series...

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
He's been invisible 95 pct of the time. Maybe more.

Agreed.

A little more involved this game but he's been doing a lot of coasting recently. Really expected a different Marchand coming out of the suspension.

Pasta has looked like rookie year Pasta to me. Falling down everywhere. He's obviously getting more attention now, but this team needs him to step up

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Z 30 minutes
Charlie and Killer both at 27

Let's hope Z sleeps all day tomorrow.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Got to wonder with the Bruins depleted line up do the Sens forget about the trap and take it to the Bruins like they did in the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad