Pre-Game Talk: ECQF G3 4/15 7:12 PM - THE BEAR wants home ice back - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Would I prefer Krug not have to take that hit? Absolutely. But I wouldn’t say there was anything dirty about it and I would be thrilled if Acciari did that to Rielly
It wasn’t illegal, but it was predatory. Krug was 3feet away from the boards, looking down following his pass. Totally vulnerable. He got hit from the side, but the effect was the same as if he got hit in the numbers from behind. Not illegal, but still predatory. More dangerous than fantastic.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I watched that Krug hit like 20 times.No contact on head .He hit him solid popping lid off but cannot see any issue with him playing.If he had a concussion he would not have flown to Toronto .
Except for the fact that it looked like his head hit the boards with no helmet on it

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
It’s wasn’t the hit. It was after his helmet popped off, he slammed into the boards. Not sure how hard his bare head hit the boards, but seemed scary. Krug was in a vulnerable position after shooting the puck. ********* muzzin took advantage.
I've often saw he wears his chin strap to lose. I hope this incident get some to tighten it up a little

Reactions: FONZIE and BMC

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
It wasn’t illegal, but it was predatory. Krug was 3feet away from the boards, looking down following his pass. Totally vulnerable. He got hit from the side, but the effect was the same as if he got hit in the numbers from behind. Not illegal, but still predatory. More dangerous than fantastic.
I have to totally disagree with this. If this was McAvoy laying out one of the Leafs I'm sure you would have no problem with that hit and be calling it fantastic. Krug was admiring his pass and he got tagged. Nothing wrong with it

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Yea he was ok..He was running his hands trying to fix his hair.No way they let him on that flight if he was concussed.He plays tomorrow wait n see.He should tighten the helmet up next time though lol
I agree with you on that for sure but I think he got off really lucky. I can only guess his shoulders took the brunt of the hit against the boards rather than his head or I have no doubt he would have had a concussion

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I agree with you on that for sure but I think he got off really lucky. I can only guess his shoulders took the brunt of the hit against the boards rather than his head or I have no doubt he would have had a concussion
Yes could have been worse I agree.Dangerous sport for sure.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I have to totally disagree with this. If this was McAvoy laying out one of the Leafs I'm sure you would have no problem with that hit and be calling it fantastic. Krug was admiring his pass and he got tagged. Nothing wrong with it

I really hate to say it but it was a fantastic hit. My question is why didn't he return if he wasn't concussed? Just a headache/dizzy? Either way, I'm happy if he wasn't concussed. We came out flying, hitting everything in sight yet we took the most damage. It sucks.

I sometimes question Sweeney on why he goes out and pays for so many 7th defensemen but it's 100% needed this series.

Reactions: nords1995

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Agree... but in the PO it is the kind of hit you will see. If it is legal, not much to do with it.It stinks for Krug, hope he will come back and this hit won’t effect his game if so.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I disagree with you. PO hit sure. Legal hit also. I don’t have problem with it but still remain a predatory hit.if 73 lays out that hit, i would have gone with the same wow. But you would probably have the Leafs board going crazy.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Hopeful that we can go in there and dominate, it is a hard building to play in and with these injuries it is scary but they will lose Kadri as well. Bruins better be good and Rask better play well and play as to steal some games. This is the key game here as a win puts pressure on Toronto to win on Weds. or go down 3-1 coming to Boston Friday facing elimination. So if we lose we face basicly the same going back to Toronto so to make this easy : JUST WIN!!!!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yes I fly it for business Can’t beat it

The only issue with Porter is the lack of US Customs preclearance in Toronto. That is not the airline's fault and the facility has been built and all it needs is funding to be staffed.

United States border preclearance - Wikipedia

On March 10, 2016, U.S. and Canadian officials announced that preclearance would become available at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, and Montreal Central Station. The necessary upgrades in Quebec City will take 18 months and $35 million CAD to complete.[14]

On December 8, 2016, then-US President Barack Obama signed a bipartisan bicameral legislation to give legal effect to Congressional legislation enabling US-Canada preclearance.[15] On December 12th 2017, Canada's Governor General gave a royal assent to Bill C-23 that has sailed through both the House and the Senate.[16] The only hurdles standing in the way of implementing a preclearance regime are orders-in-council (="executive order") in Canada, a joint agreement between Trump and Trudeau, and an official presidential proclamation for it to finally take effect.

Customs at Logan can be lengthy if many flights from Europe land at the same time you do. Still, it beats dealing with the disaster known as Pearson International.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The GDT has been delivered to @Fenway :)

With no skate, and Krug and DeBrusk traveling, I left the lines as is with the exception of swapping Kampfer and Clifton.

Tomorrow is going to be a long but fun day.

Good luck to our runners and have fun and stay safe to all who will be in the area either at the Red Sox game or as a spectator.

Bruins 4-1 over the Leafs..

@Alicat I will post the GDT later today

Having a nice breakfast at Fran's on Yonge Street and the server came over and said 'I told the cook you were from Boston' :help:

Then she says Kadri should not be suspended as all he was doing was protecting our players from your gorillas. :rolleyes:

upload_2019-4-15_7-25-42.png

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
@Alicat I will post the GDT later today

Having a nice breakfast at Fran's on Yonge Street and the server came over and said 'I told the cook you were from Boston' :help:

Then she says Kadri should not be suspended as all he was doing was protecting our players from your gorillas. :rolleyes:

View attachment 214745
Sounds like there’s a strong possibility they spit on your food :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Great, Chris Rooney officiating. I shall get a bottle of whisky for tomorrow night. Better than cursing at the TV every time his arm goes up in the air when a Bruin breathes wrong near a Leafs' player.
Hey there ! How are you ?

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
The only issue with Porter is the lack of US Customs preclearance in Toronto. That is not the airline's fault and the facility has been built and all it needs is funding to be staffed.

United States border preclearance - Wikipedia

On March 10, 2016, U.S. and Canadian officials announced that preclearance would become available at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, and Montreal Central Station. The necessary upgrades in Quebec City will take 18 months and $35 million CAD to complete.[14]

On December 8, 2016, then-US President Barack Obama signed a bipartisan bicameral legislation to give legal effect to Congressional legislation enabling US-Canada preclearance.[15] On December 12th 2017, Canada's Governor General gave a royal assent to Bill C-23 that has sailed through both the House and the Senate.[16] The only hurdles standing in the way of implementing a preclearance regime are orders-in-council (="executive order") in Canada, a joint agreement between Trump and Trudeau, and an official presidential proclamation for it to finally take effect.

Customs at Logan can be lengthy if many flights from Europe land at the same time you do. Still, it beats dealing with the disaster known as Pearson International.

Ugh Pearson. Missed my flight to Boston last week cause of that mess at customs. They put me on the next one but I still had to sit in that dump for nine hours.

(You folks have a beautiful city)

Reactions: Fenway

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hope the Bruins set the tone early. Losing Kadri is a blow for them. They may target Jake so they need to target one of their players. They lose one D and it is a huge blow, look how bad they were with Gardiner out,

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Unfortunately I’ll be watching this one on tape. Good thing about Northwest Arkansas is no one else will know the score to tell me. Shut the phone off and it will almost be like watching live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad