Pre-Game Talk: ECQF G3 4/15 7:12 PM - THE BEAR wants home ice back - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Canadians are mostly nice, except when it comes to delusional leaf fans lol

Don’t know if it’s just Leafs fans.

A friend of mine was found out as being from Massachusetts while he was in Vancouver 2 years ago and was treated very badly on several occasions.

He’s a very kind man and I don’t think he would provoke anybody.

Reactions: BMC

tremha

Mar 9, 2011

A friend of mine was found out as being from Massachusetts while he was in Vancouver 2 years ago and was treated very badly on several occasions.

I live in Toronto but am a lifelong Bruins fan. Happily watching the game on Sat my wife said to me "you are an asshole and everyone hates you". We take our hockey seriously here. I get to work this morning and get bombarded by all the leaf fans about what a dirty SOB DeBrusk is,... and how Kadri barely touched him, how DeBrusk broke Dermotts nose, kneed Kadri,....i imagine the refs are going to be very whistle happy this evening. I will be at the game wearing my Bergeron jersey!

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

Yup. Sorry. Should’ve included hab & nuck fans. Nuck fans are still butt hurt after all these years.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I know people are split on him, but I think Krug may be the most irreplaceable D-man on the team....
you REALLY do not believe that Grzelcyk and the others are ABLE to drop pass the puck toward a forward on the point that is being pressured by a defending forward and proceed to pinch toward the opponent's goal as the breakaway heads toward Rask? maybe they are just UNWILLING to play for the other team so blatantly.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I live in Toronto but am a lifelong Bruins fan. Happily watching the game on Sat my wife said to me "you are an ******* and everyone hates you". We take our hockey seriously here. I get to work this morning and get bombarded by all the leaf fans about what a dirty SOB DeBrusk is,... and how Kadri barely touched him, how DeBrusk broke Dermotts nose, kneed Kadri,....i imagine the refs are going to be very whistle happy this evening. I will be at the game wearing my Bergeron jersey!

reminds me of the time I had to go to work after the Pacioretty hit

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The vast majority of Canadians are very nice - but you find jerks anywhere.

The fans in Rogers Centre were very nice and gracious to the very few Boston people there but I have never heard an arena get so silent than when Bergie scored the shorthanded goal to make it 3-0. At that moment the Cup was ours and everyone knew it (except Eddie Olczyk )

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Yup. Sorry. Should’ve included hab & nuck fans. Nuck fans are still butt hurt after all these years.

Never met real live Canucks fan in person. Not that admitted to it, anyway.

The Canadiens, Maple Leafs, and Senators fans I’ve met in person have been nothing but cordial and respectful. I have heard horror stories, but nothing bad has happened to me.

Maybe I don’t travel enough?

Reactions: BMC

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

The Canadiens, Maple Leafs, and Senators fans I’ve met in person have been nothing but cordial and respectful. I have heard horror stories, but nothing bad has happened to me.

The bad ones are a minority. You mostly see the good ones. Canadians are easy going.

Reactions: hrdpuk

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
The vast majority of Canadians are very nice - but you find jerks anywhere.

The fans in Rogers Centre were very nice and gracious to the very few Boston people there but I have never heard an arena get so silent than when Bergie scored the shorthanded goal to make it 3-0. At that moment the Cup was ours and everyone knew it (except Eddie Olczyk )

Love that video! If anyone is interested, it’s at the 1:07 mark that my irrational hatred of Eddie Olczyk began and continues to this day. To even suggest that Bergeron would punch that puck in was borderline sacrilegious. I’m getting worked up again just watching it 8 years later!!!

Oli the Bruins Cat

Apr 2, 2019
@OliBruins
Play like they did in Game 2, this series will be over sooner rather than later.

D2_18zuWkAEUS6V.jpg

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

My sister in law is a born and raised Canucks fan. Basically after 2011 we just stopped talking hockey because she can’t deal with the fact that the Bruins won....

Last edited:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
@Alicat I will post the GDT later today

Having a nice breakfast at Fran's on Yonge Street and the server came over and said 'I told the cook you were from Boston' :help:

Then she says Kadri should not be suspended as all he was doing was protecting our players from your gorillas. :rolleyes:

View attachment 214745

Frans across from the Eaton Centre? Haven't been there in ages. I remember being parked out front one time and a guy came out of the emergency doors at St. Mike's hospital across the street. He proceeded to strip completely naked and tried to break into a car by hitting the window with his belt. I called the cops and sat there thinking, 'Please don't come to my car'. I can hold my own but having to get into a physical altercation with a naked guy is a no-win situation. I hope he got whatever help he needed.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I live in Toronto but am a lifelong Bruins fan. Happily watching the game on Sat my wife said to me "you are an ******* and everyone hates you". We take our hockey seriously here. I get to work this morning and get bombarded by all the leaf fans about what a dirty SOB DeBrusk is,... and how Kadri barely touched him, how DeBrusk broke Dermotts nose, kneed Kadri,....i imagine the refs are going to be very whistle happy this evening. I will be at the game wearing my Bergeron jersey!
I hope they come through for you,and give you lots too cheer about,nothing worse than having to suffer through a loss in a visiting teams rink.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
you REALLY do not believe that Grzelcyk and the others are ABLE to drop pass the puck toward a forward on the point that is being pressured by a defending forward and proceed to pinch toward the opponent's goal as the breakaway heads toward Rask? maybe they are just UNWILLING to play for the other team so blatantly.
Way to focus on his mistakes. His contribution to one of the best pps in the nhl far outweigh his brain farts. He’s an offensive stud. PP goals are especially valuable in tight playoff games.

False Start

May 8, 2018
In Game 2, Cassidy started the game with the 4th line and even gave them 4 offensive zone starts. (Compared to 0 for game 1).

The 4th line also outpaced the 3rd line in terms of shifts.

Kuhlman wasn't trusted and played under 10 minutes, resulting in the double shifting of Backes and Coyle on Krejci's RW.

If Mojo and Debrusk can go, we should see a more stabilized set of 4 lines. What was most encouraging was the play by the 4th, Acciari, Wagner and Nordstrom. They won a lot of battles, even against that top line vs Tavares and Marner.

Our top guns can keep up with theirs. We have to outpace their bottom six guys with ours. Kadri being out will only make that easier.

Let's go Bruins!

Reactions: Shoebottom88

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Krug is an ABSURD relative minus. I am a firm believer in powerplay systems panning out well without sacrificing so many 5-on-5 and shorties against. the math on Krug is not pretty. do some? or just keep pretending that it's cool to give up so many in hopes of a rare powerplay that is improved by the roster anchor in question. the guy he pairs with is a HUGE plus despite the leak.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
In Game 2, Cassidy started the game with the 4th line and even gave them 4 offensive zone starts. (Compared to 0 for game 1).

The 4th line also outpaced the 3rd line in terms of shifts.

Kuhlman wasn't trusted and played under 10 minutes, resulting in the double shifting of Backes and Coyle on Krejci's RW.

If Mojo and Debrusk can go, we should see a more stabilized set of 4 lines. What was most encouraging was the play by the 4th, Acciari, Wagner and Nordstrom. They won a lot of battles, even against that top line vs Tavares and Marner.

Our top guns can keep up with theirs. We have to outpace their bottom six guys with ours. Kadri being out will only make that easier.

Let's go Bruins!
I think the hole damn team just showed up to play game one ,only a few did for game one,let’s hope it’s the game two team that shows up again tonight ,and hopefully they won’t spend most of the game short handed.Thats my biggest fear .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad