Pre-Game Talk: ECQF G3 4/15 7:12 PM - THE BEAR wants home ice back - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The level of utter delusion from the Leafs board is just insane:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 214843
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crazy loves company, I guess.
This is rich.

These people remind me of a former coworker of mine who told me that he and his wife don't let their kids watch ANY Disney movies because of violence/death of a character close to the main character that most Disney movies have a track of placing in their story.

LOL

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Can`t speak about Van city but living on the Island here, I`m constantly wearing Bruins swag, on the golf course I`m sure I have the brightest head covers out there, B`s towel dangling by the golf bag, at work, always wear the B`s watch during playoff time, consistently wearing hoodies/jackets, not a peep from anyone but of course, it`s also obvious I lift which likely scares most:sarcasm:

I love this.

When I was on my honeymoon in the DR, I ran into a group of Canadians on the resort for a wedding. The groom to be was a Sens fan and we definitely had some good hockey talk. His best man was a Leafs fan who joined the conversation after he saw us talking, and introduced him just like this; “this is Mike, my best man. He’s a Leafs fan, but please don’t hurt him. At least until after the wedding on Saturday.”

That was November 2013. Those guys were very cool.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

So many times do I recall tuning into CBC and the first "story" was about a bruhahah that took place in warmups, for some of our younger fans, you should check out some old time playoff games, the Nordiques/Habs series were filled with genuine hatred, loads of Habs/B`s wars and don`t forget the battle of Alberta, absolute wars, half the players now wouldn`t have survived

Reactions: Boston Bandit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
good lord I hope not but have a feeling this is a possibility too. Game 2 started to feel the way playoff hockey used to be like "almost". Back in the day when most refs let the boys settle it on the ice with their play, Z would have been permitted to jump in and rearrange Kadri`s mug.

Lot` s of blatant penalties not called last game, trying not to be biased so I`d say the B`s were lucky in that department as I felt they were far dirtier than the Leafs and could have been called for more than a few penalties.

Therein lies the issue with the refereeing over the last number of years, absolutely no consistency. Tonight a light breeze in any blowing in other teams directions is going to be called

Toronto is the hockey media capital of the world and they are all crying the refs let the last game get out of hand. Like you said Bruins could easily have been called for a few, but they tend to let them go this time of year. not tonight, I guarantee it.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The level of utter delusion from the Leafs board is just insane:
View attachment 214843
Crazy loves company, I guess.

What a bunch of drama queens. How do these people survive in this world?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I love this.

When I was on my honeymoon in the DR, I ran into a group of Canadians on the resort for a wedding. The groom to be was a Sens fan and we definitely had some good hockey talk. His best man was a Leafs fan who joined the conversation after he saw us talking, and introduced him just like this; “this is Mike, my best man. He’s a Leafs fan, but please don’t hurt him. At least until after the wedding on Saturday.”

That was November 2013. Those guys were very cool.

awesome, we golfed here a few weeks back with a real nice kid (I say kid because he was 30 ish and I`m old:laugh:), he was clearly speaking with a French accent and I asked him if he minded playing with a guy whose bag was littered with Bruin swag and he chuckled about it and said "not this year". Then he chipped out of a bunker and his ball landed in my line where I was putting so I asked if I could mark his ball while he was cleaning the trap which he had no issues with but the look on his face when he went to place his ball on the green seeing my ball marker was also a Bruins logo was priceless.

He was a good guy sport

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If the Maple Leafs try to run DeBrusk, that will only feed into the Bruins hands.

If this game gets filthy, is there any question who comes out on top? Even if the Leafs win the game, they’ll certainly be in rough shape for Wednesday. Would the juice be worth the squeeze, as it were?

Reactions: Cronuss

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Former Boston Bruins legend Don Cherry is still causing storms in Canada every weekend during his "Coach's Corner" segment.

He's not always the most popular analyst because he shows a lot of favouritism to both the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins.

Well, this weekend he might have lost a few Maple Leafs' fans as supporters as he absolutely ripped into them and said they "whine" too much.

He called the Leafs' players out for always looking at the refs asking for a penalty on pretty much every single play where they get hit or taken down.

It's absolute must see TV and you can watch it below: VIDEO: Don Cherry Rips Leafs, Calls Them Babies.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Former Boston Bruins legend Don Cherry is still causing storms in Canada every weekend during his "Coach's Corner" segment.

He's not always the most popular analyst because he shows a lot of favouritism to both the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins.

Well, this weekend he might have lost a few Maple Leafs' fans as supporters as he absolutely ripped into them and said they "whine" too much.

He called the Leafs' players out for always looking at the refs asking for a penalty on pretty much every single play where they get hit or taken down.

It's absolute must see TV and you can watch it below: VIDEO: Don Cherry Rips Leafs, Calls Them Babies.

Glad I knew enough to not drink my coffee while I watched this! My wife knew better, too.

I don’t care what anybody says. I love that guy.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Toronto is the hockey media capital of the world and they are all crying the refs let the last game get out of hand. Like you said Bruins could easily have been called for a few, but they tend to let them go this time of year. not tonight, I guarantee it.
I’m sure lots of it is posturing, attempting to get the refs in tonight’s game to be whistle happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad