Pre-Game Talk: ECQF G3 4/15 7:12 PM - THE BEAR wants home ice back - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Krug is an ABSURD relative minus. I am a firm believer in powerplay systems panning out well without sacrificing so many 5-on-5 and shorties against. the math on Krug is not pretty. do some? or just keep pretending that it's cool to give up so many in hopes of a rare powerplay that is improved by the roster anchor in question. the guy he pairs with is a HUGE plus despite the leak.
Your statement is absurd. Krug is nowhere as bad as you make it out to be. Guy takes risks, just like any offensive Dman. And his defensive play is on par with Eriksson, Burns, or Subban. Krug is a gamer.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
As they should be, remembering back to how entitled the majority of them posted.

I pretty much started posting because of them, back in May 2011.
Leaf fans are close behind them in the entitlement category. How dare the Bruins play playoff hockey when it hinders our superiorly skilled players from performing their fantastic stretch passes?!

Reactions: northeastern

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Don’t know if it’s just Leafs fans.

A friend of mine was found out as being from Massachusetts while he was in Vancouver 2 years ago and was treated very badly on several occasions.

He’s a very kind man and I don’t think he would provoke anybody.

Just remember that generally (everywhere) the People who arent well adjusted are the ones who say shit/talk shit on the internet all that crap. Kind of gives a disparaging view of everyone else by association even if its not the case.

Reactions: rfournier103

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Team needs to come out playing fast & heavy. This next part is going to sound crazy, but the guy IMO who can set the tone early...David Pastrnak.

If Pasta comes out flying and playing like he did last game, it'll get the bench fired up fast. When a guy like Pasta is laying hits and being engaged like that, its amazing to watch. If he could play like that more during the season and keep improving his defense, he could be something really special.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Have to stay physical, but I think the refs will penalize just one player from the scrums tonight. Gotta keep our composure after the hits that we throw & receive.

I`ll be DVR`ing this one and I am envisioning a game where if a player so much as looks at an opponent the whistle is blowing. This game, IMO, is gonna be a slow mover and will be determined by special teams

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I listen to only a few sports Podcasts, Spittin` Chicklets is likely my favorite, lot`s of language NSFW so caution friends, lot`s of talk here, don`t agree with it all but still enjoy the pod

Barstool Sports

Bruins talk begins about the 30 minute mark

Reactions: JCRO

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Don’t know if it’s just Leafs fans.

A friend of mine was found out as being from Massachusetts while he was in Vancouver 2 years ago and was treated very badly on several occasions.

He’s a very kind man and I don’t think he would provoke anybody.

That's just Vancouver. The people there are generally just assholes. Despite it being a pretty nice place, its miserable. Has that reputation even among Western Canadians.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's just Vancouver. The people there are generally just *******s. Despite it being a pretty nice place, its miserable. Has that reputation even among Western Canadians.

Can`t speak about Van city but living on the Island here, I`m constantly wearing Bruins swag, on the golf course I`m sure I have the brightest head covers out there, B`s towel dangling by the golf bag, at work, always wear the B`s watch during playoff time, consistently wearing hoodies/jackets, not a peep from anyone but of course, it`s also obvious I lift which likely scares most:sarcasm:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Your statement is absurd. Krug is nowhere as bad as you make it out to be. Guy takes risks, just like any offensive Dman. And his defensive play is on par with Eriksson, Burns, or Subban. Krug is a gamer.

I wouldn't bother with this guy. He came up with his own rating system for players and sticks by it like its Word. That's more than likely what he's going off of.

Reactions: Shoebottom88

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
The level of utter delusion from the Leafs board is just insane:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2019-4-15_11-9-3.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crazy loves company, I guess.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Team needs to come out playing fast & heavy. This next part is going to sound crazy, but the guy IMO who can set the tone early...David Pastrnak.

If Pasta comes out flying and playing like he did last game, it'll get the bench fired up fast. When a guy like Pasta is laying hits and being engaged like that, its amazing to watch. If he could play like that more during the season and keep improving his defense, he could be something really special.

It was amazing to watch. Who knew he had that in him? If he can continue to do that and add that element to his game consistently, he will be a BEAST.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I honestly think if the Bruins come out playing like they did they are going to get whistled for penalties. I will shut the TV off and go to bed if that happens

good lord I hope not but have a feeling this is a possibility too. Game 2 started to feel the way playoff hockey used to be like "almost". Back in the day when most refs let the boys settle it on the ice with their play, Z would have been permitted to jump in and rearrange Kadri`s mug.

Lot` s of blatant penalties not called last game, trying not to be biased so I`d say the B`s were lucky in that department as I felt they were far dirtier than the Leafs and could have been called for more than a few penalties.

Therein lies the issue with the refereeing over the last number of years, absolutely no consistency. Tonight a light breeze in any blowing in other teams directions is going to be called

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Can`t speak about Van city but living on the Island here, I`m constantly wearing Bruins swag, on the golf course I`m sure I have the brightest head covers out there, B`s towel dangling by the golf bag, at work, always wear the B`s watch during playoff time, consistently wearing hoodies/jackets, not a peep from anyone but of course, it`s also obvious I lift which likely scares most:sarcasm:

The Island has always been fine when I've visited, though I was always with family and hardly ever out and about but yeah, Van City has been a nightmare every time for me. I have a friend who moved to Calgary, born and raised in Coquitlam, lived in Burnaby as an adult, worked in Vancouver who couldn't wait to get out of there. Loves the scenery, hated the people. Similar experience from a few friends who moved out there after high school. Obviously you can't paint the whole metro complex with the same brush but yeah... has a bit of a reputation for being an unfriendly place. Not that Calgary's much better these days truth be told. But I get a few Go Bruins when I'm rocking #37 during the playoffs, and the Saddledome crowd is basically 50/50 when the B's come to town so I don't have much an issue. Granted, no rivalry.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Island has always been fine when I've visited, though I was always with family and hardly ever out and about but yeah, Van City has been a nightmare every time for me. I have a friend who moved to Calgary, born and raised in Coquitlam, lived in Burnaby as an adult, worked in Vancouver who couldn't wait to get out of there. Loves the scenery, hated the people. Similar experience from a few friends who moved out there after high school. Obviously you can't paint the whole metro complex with the same brush but yeah... has a bit of a reputation for being an unfriendly place. Not that Calgary's much better these days truth be told. But I get a few Go Bruins when I'm rocking #37 during the playoffs, and the Saddledome crowd is basically 50/50 when the B's come to town so I don't have much an issue. Granted, no rivalry.

Only been in Van city a few times, didn`t find it either inviting or dismissive but the Island is chalk full of people who are relaxed, hard not to be with the weather we get here

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The level of utter delusion from the Leafs board is just insane:
View attachment 214843
Crazy loves company, I guess.
Which team had three guys leave the game early due to injury? Which team has a guy facing yet another suspension for targeting the head of another player?

If the Bruins were the “goons” in this scenario, they were PG-13 crappy at it. Leafs fans hate it when a team pushes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad