Should Cooper be fired?

• Total voters

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
b6CUZAG_d.jpg

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa as a team should be absolutely embarrassed with themselves. I don't fault this with Cooper at all, this is a case of star players not showing up. Stamkos the playoff choker, should be stripped of his Captaincy. Kucherov 128 points in the regular season; only 1 point and 0 goals to show for it in the playoffs. Not to mention getting suspended as well. Hedman one of the most overrated defenseman in the league - he's a fraudulent Norris winner.

What a joke they are.
I can't take this post seriously. Every pundit and anyone that knows hockey saw torts clearly out coach cooper.

Hedman had a concussion. That's a horrible take.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
In 100 years, people will remember this series as "The Great Choke Job of 2019". Literature will extensively be written about it- including 16 PhD dissertations, hard evidence of its historicity will be propagated to each corner of the Earth and Mars. A ten foot statue of Stamkos' defeated face will eternally reign next to the "welcome to Columbus" sign and the "welcome to Ohio" sign, not limited to a plaque outside of Columbus city hall.

Children in 2090 grow up to learn the meaning of the phrase "got Tampa'd", where students can't remember anything on tests and fill in random answers. Urban dictionary will record "got Tampa'd" in its databanks with 18 pages of different meanings- of course all of which include the words "Tampa Bay Lightning" and "Epic F**ing Choke Job". "Got Tampa'd" would eventually become an anti-bullying campaign to spread awareness for chronic choking in schools.

Museums would eventually form in Tampa Bay where mourners will continue to visit yearly.

Last edited:

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Kuch shouldn't have even sniffed the ice for this game after bull**** he pulled against Nutivaara. Who still hasn't even played a game yet since ...

No argument from me. I'm the Commisioner of ANY sport, an illegal play injures somebody, until the player hurt returns to action, the guy responsible sits - a few minutes, a few games, or forever. And Kucherov's cheap shot certainly qualifies. Play dirty, pay the consequences.

Still doesn't change my opinion of Panarin's clown show move. A black mark on an otherwise glorious hockey game - and story.
Maybe one of his teammates will clue him the importance of the handshake line. It's one of the coolest things in sports and its tradition should be respected as such.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Three best players in the NHL (McDavid, crosby, Kuch) won a combined 0 playoff games this year. Wonder if that's ever happened in any other sport before

Reactions: Sentinel

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Remember at the TDL when Tampa fans were saying how great the team was....... :popcorn::D

The irony is that those of us who knew what Tampa Bay lacked (size and heart) for the post season were told we were nuts and the speed and talent of the Lightning would lead them to the promised land. Guess that very promised land involves 18 holes, green grass, and sand traps.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
No argument from me. I'm the Commisioner of ANY sport, an illegal play injures somebody, until the player hurt returns to action, the guy responsible sits - a few minutes, a few games, or forever. And Kucherov's cheap shot certainly qualifies. Play dirty, pay the consequences.

Still doesn't change my opinion of Panarin's clown show move. A black mark on an otherwise glorious hockey game - and story.
Maybe one of his teammates will clue him the importance of the handshake line. It's one of the coolest things in sports and its tradition should be respected as such.

Simple solution is if a player is injured on a play that earns a suspension, the guilty player sits as long as the injured player is out. PERIOD

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The irony is that those of us who knew what Tampa Bay lacked (size and heart) for the post season were told we were nuts and the speed and talent of the Lightning would lead them to the promised land. Guess that very promised land involves 18 holes, green grass, and sand traps.

We got destroyed. My question would be why did they go 7 games with the caps just last year with almost the same roster? Totally annihilated Boston last year. Did you say the same thing last year?

Torts owned Cooper.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
We got destroyed. My question would be why did they go 7 games with the caps just last year with almost the same roster? Totally annihilated Boston last year. Did you say the same thing last year?

Torts owned Cooper.

As a matter of fact, yes I did. I am the first to get called out on the Tampa Bay boards for calling the team soft come playoff time. It is one thing to be smooth in the regular season and not have any heart, it is another totally when you dont have enough of that come playoffs. Even offered to leave this board completely had the Bolts won the Cup like so many of them were sure was going to happen.
I have the opportunity to watch a ton of AHL games in person and on the feed. Even when the Tampa Bay farm system was "loaded" with talent they lacked a legit power forward. Erne was supposed to be the answer, but he is not physically capable of doing the job. Paquette does not have the talent, Gourde does not have the size.
Tampa Bay needs to unload some of the high powered assets and get themselves a couple of big bodies who are not going to constantly hurt them when they hit the ice. There is plenty of offense on both ends on the farm; other than Andy Andreoff, there is no sign of a power forward NHL capable in the system.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Remember at the TDL when Tampa fans were saying how great the team was....... :popcorn::D
If you check the original posters of those threads almost none of them were Tampa fans, lol. Just a lot of people gawking at the gaudy statistics and posting thread after thread of hyperbole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad