ECQF: Columbus Defeats Tampa Bay 4-0

Should Cooper be fired?

• Total voters

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Bolts fans have been far from annoying during their historic regular season. Any time someone tried to hype them up the majority nipped it in the bud.

One of the more pleasant fanbases on the board imo.

I agree. I could imagine if it was the Leafs, they'd deserve but Tampa fans have been pretty humble. I think, based on their history, they already know not to look a gift horse in the mouth. I really can't imagine Tortorella outcoaching anybody, but something is awry. I'm baffled like everyone else by the results.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
24 hours have passed. I think it's time to lighten up on TBL fans. Yes there were a few that have been asking for it, I know I have responded to some, but the vast majority of TBL fans are just like any other. No need to have all of them continually pay for the actions of a few.
It won't lighten up any time soon. Tampa will deservingly be the biggest laughing stock in the league until the win the Cup.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I agree. I could imagine if it was the Leafs, they'd deserve but Tampa fans have been pretty humble. I think, based on their history, they already know not to look a gift horse in the mouth. I really can't imagine Tortorella outcoaching anybody, but something is awry. I'm baffled like everyone else by the results.
Stay baffled. :rolleyes:

You obviously missed the threads for G1 & G2. It was dominated by a group of 4-5 Tampa fans running off at the mouth. Nonstop. To the point where it was impossible for the rest of us to have any meaningful discussion regarding the game/series.

No biggie though, they're nowhere to be found now :D

Reactions: Madifer

only4dank

May 4, 2016
You obviously missed the threads for G1 & G2. It was dominated by a group of 4-5 Tampa fans running off at the mouth. Nonstop. To the point where it was impossible for the rest of us to have any meaningful discussion regarding the game/series.

In other local Florida news....
Florida Man notorious for pre-round 1 SCF19 HF board posts, found returning stolen broom in Ohio.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Fantastic series.

The regular season juggernaut and "the best team ever assembled" led for a whopping 27:42 of the sweep.

Looking forward to:

(1) Tampa Bay fans posts next playoffs (assuming TBL makes it),

(2) Next trade deadline.

–––––

On a more serious note – where they go to from this?

Two possibilities:

(1) Boston was utterly embarrassed by Philadelphia in 2010, and then won the cup next year against Vancouver wearing that proverbial "chip on the shoulder".

(2) Vancouver returned from that 2011 defeat by winning the Presidents' Trophy back-to-back and lost in the 1st round in 5 games. Then it was all downhill, they are still at the bottom.

What is Tampa way? Is it Boston after 2010 humiliation or Vancouver after 2012 one?

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I still remember months ago, a few Lightning fans posting, "Sorry for being cocky, but it's because we've been ready for playoffs to start since December"

:DD

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Still Bug buddies for life..
960F8421-82AC-491A-A107-3DA6877D45D0.jpeg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
tampa needs to bring in a former cup winner to avoid the curse

They tried that with Kunitz, 2/3rd of his line was excellent last playoffs and the ECF, which included Callahan and Paquette, But Kunitz disappeared. It’s interesting and crazy to note that their line scored the last Game winning goal to win a playoff game for Tampa.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
No argument from me. I'm the Commisioner of ANY sport, an illegal play injures somebody, until the player hurt returns to action, the guy responsible sits - a few minutes, a few games, or forever. And Kucherov's cheap shot certainly qualifies. Play dirty, pay the consequences.

Still doesn't change my opinion of Panarin's clown show move. A black mark on an otherwise glorious hockey game - and story.
Maybe one of his teammates will clue him the importance of the handshake line. It's one of the coolest things in sports and its tradition should be respected as such.
Agreed on all points.

Panarin has the maturity level of a 10 year old. I am not so sure I want him signed to an 8 year deal. Million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain

Reactions: Madifer

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Bolts fans have been far from annoying during their historic regular season. Any time someone tried to hype them up the majority nipped it in the bud.

One of the more pleasant fanbases on the board imo.

Read a few pages of pre-series talk....it was embarrassing.

Series Talk: - ECQF/ADSF: (A1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (WC2) Columbus Blue Jackets | CBJ leads 1-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->