ECHL to 30 Teams?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So the Amarillo Bulls Tier II junior hockey team is moving after this season after being unable to negotiate a lease with their arena. (See the junior forum for more) But after doing some digging today I found this article from December 2020: Plans to update Amarillo civic center continue after voters denied original proposition

Quote from article:

A major part of the Amarillo Plan is the tenant, which could be the Elmore Sports Group.... The Amarillo Plan has the support of the commissioner of the ECHL to bring a AA hockey team to Amarillo.
Grizzlies pulling up stakes & moving south? :popcorn:

Reactions: mk80

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Reactions: JMCx4 and mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Grizzlies pulling up stakes & moving south? :popcorn:

Now that's a connection I didn't expect! Wouldn't be good for Idaho if they did.

Great, now no one will take my bet. ;)
giphy.gif

Reactions: JMCx4 and 210

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Please to refresh my memory on whether one can own two ECHL teams?
Deacon/ Dean MacDonald owns/has interest at least three..... Newfoundland, 3R and Coralville, I believe. now the question becomes how transparent are they in dealing with 2 of the 3, or are they autonomous in nature.

no other league allows it, that I'm aware of, PCS.... typically, a private ownership has to represent one team at a time.... or if the league perceives a conflict of interest which an owner is represent 2 teams in the same league at the same time.

the late Roy Boe comes to mind after owning Worcester, then starting working for Bridgeport, the AHL forced him to choose between them.... even though both eventually went to an O/O scenario and in the case of Bridgeport, upon Boe's passing did that transition to the Islanders officially commenced.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Please to refresh my memory on whether one can own two ECHL teams?
There is a rule that teams with shared ownerships can't trade with each other. The ECHL has had owners with multiple teams since it started, and apparently back in the day some owners would trade the best players from their non-playoff team to their playoff team at the deadline for 'future considerations'.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Whenever Hutch talks about Worcester hockey history I want to bash my head against my desk.

Can we all just agree that whenever he does he's wrong so I don't need to bother with a reply that will only result in the moderators getting involved? Thanks in advance.

You know he sticks around so the mods remain entertained by our frustration.

Because everytime we call attention to it, it's us that get punished.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
:banghead:
Whenever Hutch talks about Worcester hockey history I want to bash my head against my desk.

Can we all just agree that whenever he does he's wrong so I don't need to bother with a reply that will only result in the moderators getting involved? Thanks in advance.
I'll second that motion.

Maybe just reply to those posts with:banghead:, and we will all know.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Just an update on something posted way back on page 1.

Using Eugene’s proposal as a guide, and adding up comments from Tacoma and- a bit of a bad idea- listening to a guy who knows a guy in Bend, that Northwest rumor can be clarified as a junior effort, not a pro effort. That doesn’t answer what Idaho Falls is doing... we think. Some of you have seen the thread in the junior section. Eh.

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-13_20-16-20.gif
    upload_2021-4-13_20-16-20.gif
    886 bytes · Views: 2
  • upload_2021-4-13_20-16-23.gif
    upload_2021-4-13_20-16-23.gif
    886 bytes · Views: 1
  • upload_2021-4-13_20-16-26.gif
    upload_2021-4-13_20-16-26.gif
    886 bytes · Views: 1
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Using Eugene’s proposal as a guide, and adding up comments from Tacoma and- a bit of a bad idea- listening to a guy who knows a guy in Bend, that Northwest rumor can be clarified as a junior effort, not a pro effort. That doesn’t answer what Idaho Falls is doing... we think. Some of you have seen the thread in the junior section. Eh.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Just an update on something posted way back on page 1.

Using Eugene’s proposal as a guide, and adding up comments from Tacoma and- a bit of a bad idea- listening to a guy who knows a guy in Bend, that Northwest rumor can be clarified as a junior effort, not a pro effort. That doesn’t answer what Idaho Falls is doing... we think. Some of you have seen the thread in the junior section. Eh.
FYI, you can get this ---> :banghead:, by clicking the smiley face at the top of the post window, and then clicking "more smileys" at the bottom, and it is the 9th one - between :baghead: and :bee:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad