ECHL to 30 Teams?

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
maybe we'll relocate Gwinnett to Manchester, then, based off that flawed logic/urban legend, then.... and Cobb County will have no more chances for pro hockey, since Metro Atlanta won't be given an opportunity in the next century.

think about that
I have no idea what you are trying to express here. My reasoning is mostly sound and based in fact, especially with the rebrand of the Sound Tigers. Then you just respond spewing nonsensical bullshit as always. Also, the Gladiators are not going anywhere as long as the current owner owns the team, just to put that out there.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I have no idea what you are trying to express here. My reasoning is mostly sound and based in fact, especially with the rebrand of the Sound Tigers. Then you just respond spewing nonsensical bullshit as always. Also, the Gladiators are not going anywhere as long as the current owner owns the team, just to put that out there.
uh, excuse me:

but where did the Connecticut Post announce the Bridgeport franchise is leaving for Nassau?

remember It's that newspaper that broke the story about the rebrand.... there's no truth to the legend that Bridgeport's being relocated, not in 5 years....

once the Islanders season ends, Atlantian.... so does Nassau Coliseum.... Newsday has reported as early as last September that Mastrianni, who's the lease holder which allowed the Islanders to split their schedule between Barclays and the Coliseum.... that's why the Islanders were given clearance in this pandemic to give the Coliseum its final sendoff.

OVG, is in play here, just as they are with Seattle and Climate Pledge Arena as ASM Direct MAY BE the next operator of the coliseum...

even the website at the Coliseum is not operationable since the final Islanders regular season home game so if the venue is downsized as has been reported into a concert venue, It's widely known that the Coliseum as it stands now has likely or is likely no longer classified as a stadium venue...

which is why I don't believe the reports that Bridgeport is leaving for the Coliseum when Webster Bank Arena is more modern and compatible.

that legend was placed there in case the Islanders had issues with the arena in Bridgeport, like you've seen crop up in other markets LIKE Worcester/Portland/Binghamton that are now solved....

Last edited:

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
So the "path to 32" looks like this? (Using the most recent rumors and expansions that are already announced)

NorthSouthCentralWest
NewfoundlandNorfolkToledoKansas City
MaineGreenvilleWheelingAllen
3 RiversSouth CarolinaCincyTulsa
WorcesterAtlantaIndyWichita
AdirondackJacksonvilleFt WayneRapid City
ReadingOrlandoK-ZooIdaho
BinghamtonFlorida (Estero)CoralvilleUtah
ManchesterSavannah
BridgeportRichmond
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bridgeport and Richmond being the least likely at the moment, obviously.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
So the "path to 32" looks like this? (Using the most recent rumors and expansions that are already announced)

NorthSouthCentralWest
NewfoundlandNorfolkToledoKansas City
MaineGreenvilleWheelingAllen
3 RiversSouth CarolinaCincyTulsa
WorcesterAtlantaIndyWichita
AdirondackJacksonvilleFt WayneRapid City
ReadingOrlandoK-ZooIdaho
BinghamtonFlorida (Estero)CoralvilleUtah
ManchesterSavannah
BridgeportRichmond
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bridgeport and Richmond being the least likely at the moment, obviously.

which Leads to the next option:

are there still 7 NHL/AHL Affiliations available that haven't been spoken for now that Seattle is aboard and which of those are interested or been contacted and is that a guarantee that the above list will be accurate in 5 years without losing an existing franchise.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
which Leads to the next option:

are there still 7 NHL/AHL Affiliations available that haven't been spoken for now that Seattle is aboard and which of those are interested or been contacted
I would say we will likely know closer to the beginning of the season. With a lot of ECHL teams not actually operating, and AHL teams in flux, the affiliation changes likely happen even later than usual.

is that a guarantee that the above list will be accurate in 5 years without losing an existing franchise.
Nope - no guarantees at this level, as you well know. Just speculation about what might happen.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I get that we're focused on Bingo right now, but what happens to Bridgeport when the Islanders move them to Nassau? Thinking they come down too?
Even though people have speculated this will happen I doubt it because even with an AHL tennant the place is a complete white elephant/money pit and the land it sits on is far more valuable than the land it sits on.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Even though people have speculated this will happen I doubt it because even with an AHL tennant the place is a complete white elephant/money pit and the land it sits on is far more valuable than the land it sits on.

If the AHL leaves, I wouldn't be surprised if Webster Bank Arena goes the way of the New Haven Coliseum within a few years of that departure. No one watches Fairfield basketball, and Sacred Heart is building a rink on campus. There's not much else locally that will draw people to that building. Heck, I lived 25 miles away for five years and never went to a game there.

Reactions: Roadhog

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->