OT: Eastside Hockey Manager Releases New Game

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Is anyone willing to help me out with importing the real rosters into EHM. I am very computer illerate and would greatly appreciate the help. I bought the game, downloaded it and am stuck with fake rosters. I went to TBL and downloaded his rosters but am stuck there.. Thankyou in advanced

If you open up the folder you downloaded it should have a ReadMe file with a set of instructions.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I have no idea why, but Aube-Kubel is turning into one of my top prospects, if not the very best. Every one of my scouts says he has top line or franchise player potential and is compared to Sidney Crosby :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have no idea why, but Aube-Kubel is turning into one of my top prospects, if not the very best. Every one of my scouts says he has top line or franchise player potential and is compared to Sidney Crosby :laugh:

I've found in versions past that you can't get caught up in player comparisons.

saophim

Mar 19, 2015
Prague
Don't know why, but I cannot get Giroux going for the life of me in my save. I've tried everything. Schenn-Giroux-Voracek, Tatar-Giroux Voracek, had Simmonds on his RW, tried line matching him against 4th line, 1st line, 2nd line. My first season he only had like 65 points or something, and he's off to a really slow start again, something like 5 points in 12 games.

Well, in my game Giroux is a Beast. Playing him as C of first line with Raffl/Schenn LW and Voracek RW. Set him to playmaker, carry puck, creative passing. He and Voracek won for me league in scoring (both had 105+ points). Playing him on PP1 as LW with barrage/heavy shooting of Diamond. Also very effective for PK (but I play him there rarely, as even without PK he is averaging 18+ minutes of icetime, dont want to burn him down). He even had streak of 8 games with AvR 10. Also 15 games point streaks, several 10 games point streaks etc. Start was little bit slow, but since mid of November he was almost unstoppable (now I just finished regular season). Season AvR around 8.20 and he ended with +/- +58!
Voracek is beast also, played him with "selective" shooting, but he was able to score like crazy.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
24 hours~ until I get the game.

Finalising my final piece of quantitative work for my Masters and then I am buying it and turning around the Flyers!

It may seem a strange priority... but Markus Kruger is going to be one of my first moves. Having him should let Couts get ~50 points.

I hope he is as good on the game on D as he is in real life.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I cannot succeed at this game. My team of:

2016-2017
Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Tatar-Couturier-Radulov
Laughton-Eller-Simmonds
4th line

MacDonald-E.Johnson
Morin-MDZ
Schultz-Streit/Michalek (can't spell that name)

Jake Allen
Svedberg

This team is apparently utter, utter trash. 14th in the conference 35 games in. Some days they can't score and lose 2-0, some days they can't save **** and lose 7-5, some days they can't do either and lose 9-0. I have no idea what to improve on.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I cannot succeed at this game. My team of:

2016-2017
Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Tatar-Couturier-Radulov
Laughton-Eller-Simmonds
4th line

MacDonald-E.Johnson
Morin-MDZ
Schultz-Streit/Michalek (can't spell that name)

Jake Allen
Svedberg

This team is apparently utter, utter trash. 14th in the conference 35 games in. Some days they can't score and lose 2-0, some days they can't save **** and lose 7-5, some days they can't do either and lose 9-0. I have no idea what to improve on.

Tactics can be pretty important on the game (well the old ones especially)... if your mesh of tactics is incompatible, or certain players don't suit the tactics assigned to their line, you can get abused.

Individual players can really benefit or suffer from the role they are given as well.

They take some time to figure out but once you find a general set of tactics you are comfortable with and is well balanced you can tweak individual lines and players tactically.

After a while I used the same basic tactics on the old game for multiple saves and years on end, and just changed for individuals and changed in game depending on the score. (change in games were never drastic, usually just overloading the top lines and playing them more and going more offensive if down, or double shifting best defensive line and shortening the bench ie putting say Couturier, Read and Giroux out in 4th line slots as well as their 'proper' 1st and 2nd line slots, if up by 1 or 2 with less than 15mins left... so the 4th line would not be out in that time and the best defensive players play more.)

IMO the tactics, scouting and training are the three most important aspects of the game for success.

Oh, and on the old games at least 4th lines really did matter, even if they only play 10mins a night... the engine is not an old fashioned GM... so all the useless players (according to the engine! so poor hockey players) are waived early on and everyone stocks up on 4th lines where all the players are capable of ~20 points while playing D.

Guys like Clutterbuck, Gaustad, Fiddler, Martin, Talbot used to be a must have on your 4th if you wanted to do really well... I don't know who their equivalents on the new game are but I imagine guys like: Winnik, Kruger, Gaustad, Gordon, Helm, Wingels, Roussel, Clutterbuck etc are the kind of guys that people should be looking to get for their 4th.

Last edited:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Tactics can be pretty important on the game (well the old ones especially)... if your mesh of tactics is incompatible, or certain players don't suit the tactics assigned to their line, you can get abused.

Individual players can really benefit or suffer from the role they are given as well.

They take some time to figure out but once you find a general set of tactics you are comfortable with and is well balanced you can tweak individual lines and players tactically.

After a while I used the same basic tactics on the old game for multiple saves and years on end, and just changed for individuals and changed in game depending on the score. (change in games were never drastic, usually just overloading the top lines and playing them more and going more offensive if down, or double shifting best defensive line and shortening the bench ie putting say Couturier, Read and Giroux out in 4th line slots as well as their 'proper' 1st and 2nd line slots, if up by 1 or 2 with less than 15mins left... so the 4th line would not be out in that time and the best defensive players play more.)

IMO the tactics, scouting and training are the three most important aspects of the game for success.

Oh, and on the old games at least 4th lines really did matter, even if they only play 10mins a night... the engine is not an old fashioned GM... so all the useless players (according to the engine! so poor hockey players) are waived early on and everyone stocks up on 4th lines where all the players are capable of ~20 points while playing D.

Guys like Clutterbuck, Gaustad, Fiddler, Martin, Talbot used to be a must have on your 4th if you wanted to do really well... I don't know who their equivalents on the new game are but I imagine guys like: Winnik, Kruger, Gaustad, Gordon, Helm, Wingels, Roussel, Clutterbuck etc are the kind of guys that people should be looking to get for their 4th.

Yeah, I've played FM, so I understand how important tactics can be, but I find the descriptions of each tactic (and the tactics themselves) so much less intuitive than FM. On FM, there's always a description for what each option is, but I can't find an equivalent for EHM.

And about my 4th line, it's not that they're all awful players, I just change usually 2/3 of them every year and can't remember who's who :laugh:

MadFerIt95*

Just got the game and downloaded rosters, but OFC the game won't go into full screen mode so I can't confirm trades because the confirm button isnt on the screen... which is a damn shame because the Flames offered me Drew Shore for Zac Rinaldo

Ok, fixed the problem by moving the taskbar around!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah, I've played FM, so I understand how important tactics can be, but I find the descriptions of each tactic (and the tactics themselves) so much less intuitive than FM. On FM, there's always a description for what each option is, but I can't find an equivalent for EHM.

And about my 4th line, it's not that they're all awful players, I just change usually 2/3 of them every year and can't remember who's who :laugh:

Yeh, it is a lot more spartan in that way. I operated kind of a 'intuitive trial and error' until things started to really work consistently on the 2007 version.

Whereas with FM you can kind of just think more about the style you want and fiddle with one or two things... I think it also helps that soccer is 'simpler' tactically, and a lot of the defensive and offensive tactics in FM are kind of separate in relation to success. Ie no need to mesh defensive and offensive strategy that much in FM... just put a DM in there and the linkup seemingly always works!

So I would not put; as a really extreme example, 'highest aggression on forecheck' combined with 'most defensive hockey'... but I would mess around with the sliders quite a lot with the makeup of my team in mind until it started to consistently work.

I would say it used to take all preseason and then ~15-20 regular season games to get it refined when starting a new game or with a big roster turnover. Like preseason and 5 games for the base tactics then 10-15 for individual players and lines.

Ofc I would have in mind what I wanted to achieve and the style of hockey I like... but I would have to bend it far more to what works than in FM... in FM a lot more works, if that makes sense.

Looking forward to getting to grips with the tactics again in this version... well, tearing my hair out at the start of the year in my fist save, and then gradually lowering my stress level as time goes on!

MadFerIt95*

There seems to be an unreasonable amount of penalties and icings in this game. I counted 8 icings from center ice in one of my games and we took a combined 14 penalties... we we won 3-1 so Im not complaining but still...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Buying it as soon as the Flyers game is over... got my Uni work done.

Pretty dangerous getting it at ~2:30 in the morning though when I have things to do tomorrow!

Will probably watch some of the N Dakota vs Boston game while I start my first save.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bought the game finally. Installed the facepack, logopack, real rosters and fixed the Flyers draft pick situation. Now it's finally time to play. First order of business. Fire Berube. :handclap:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
After 3 years and 3 cups (and 2 President trophies), I have been caught cap wise and I was forced to trade Matt Read. 2 months into the 4th season, I am 13th in the conference. Matt Read, heart and soul of the organization.

:laugh:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
So I fired Berube and went after Tortorella to be the new head coach. He signs with the Blackhawks as an Assistant GM. Now I need to find someone else. I'm off to a great start. :cry:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
So I fired Berube and went after Tortorella to be the new head coach. He signs with the Blackhawks as an Assistant GM. Now I need to find someone else. I'm off to a great start. :cry:

May be a little too late for your now, but you can hire a coach and then fire the coach in his position. This way you'll be guaranteed to have who you want without any risk.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Ended up hiring Ron Wilson as the new head coach. First game of the season we lost to Boston in OT. Second game of the year we beat NJ 4-0 with all four goals coming on the powerplay. Although during that game Mason suffered a UCL tear and will be out for 4 months. Unsure if I wanna call up Zepp or Stolarz

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ended up hiring Ron Wilson as the new head coach. First game of the season we lost to Boston in OT. Second game of the year we beat NJ 4-0 with all four goals coming on the powerplay. Although during that game Mason suffered a UCL tear and will be out for 4 months. Unsure if I wanna call up Zepp or Stolarz
Sign Bryz

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well I am addicted already.

Summary so far:

Hired Guy Boucher as coach, him and Torts were the only good ones available, and he has a more offensive outlook on the game.

Got Chris Pryor to be my assistant.

Hired Joel Otto as an assistant coach.

Blockbuster trade... Emery, Rinaldo, 2015 2nd and a 2016 5th to Chicago for Kruger and Raanta.

Started awfully, 1-6-0 through first 7 games, tweaking tactics throughout... since then have gone 11-1-4. So 5th in the conference.

The defence sucks balls as expected, I feel sorry for Mason and Raanta, they both have average ratings between 7.5 and 8... yet both have below .900 sv%. The team does not give up an inordinate amount of shots... just my D constantly pass to opposition forwards for 2v1 and breakaways.

Giroux and Voracek are godly... both top 5 in scoring with ~27 points each in 23 games. Raffl has tagged along for the ride and is PPG. Simmonds scores loads, Couturier and Schenn are contributing. I feel sorry for Kruger, Read and whoever I throw on their wing... they share Couts tough matchups and do a decent job but cannot score as always in own end. MDZ & Streit are the only D who have been any good.

Oh, I beat the Rags twice on the back to back... leaving them 9th, they fired Vignault straight after the 2nd game!

And Crosby tore his ACL.

MadFerIt95*

And now the Pens just traded Dupuis straight up for Nick leddy..... love this game but that seems odd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad