OT: Eastside Hockey Manager Releases New Game

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Appleyard, you'll be happy about this. Seabrook was unhappy on the Blackhawks so I traded Schultz and Luke Schenn for Seabrook and Kruger.

MadFerIt95*

Appleyard, you'll be happy about this. Seabrook was unhappy on the Blackhawks so I traded Schultz and Luke Schenn for Seabrook and Kruger.

I would never be able to make that trade in good conscience

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

That is awesome. Just about to start 3rd season (playing exhibitions) and Kruger has been awesome for first two years. 20 points each year, - in first year but +15 once actually had a good D. Him and Helm for me on the 4th line are on over 4million combined... but it is worth every penny. They rarely lose a faceoff, and if a puck gets chipped into the neutral zone Helm is so fast he generally gets a chance to score.

My team now is:

Raffl -- Giroux -- Voracek
Schenn -- Couturier -- Simmonds
xxxxx -- Laughton -- Read
xxxxx -- Kruger -- Helm
xxxxx

MacDonald -- E. Johnson
Gostisbehere -- Hamhuis
Morin -- Del Zotto
xxxxx

Mason
Stolarz

Zykov, Duclair, Leier and Bellemare are competing for the forward spots... don't want to put either Zykov or Duclair on the 4th though. Zykov looks to be winning atm... Bellemare & Leier is hard... Bellemare has been good for me but is 31 and Leier is 500k cheaper, and will likely be traded if he does not get in the team this year and I am not far from the cap now!

The additional D man spot is up in the air. Sanheim is already good enough for top 6 but want him in AHL for a bit... will probably go out and sign a cheap vet #7.

None of the D are playing under 17 mins in exhibitions, none over 23... Johnson won't have to play 25 mins a night now I have Hamhuis and the kids with a years experience! Alt is still in AHL and middling... Hagg looked crap in first season and a half but last 6 months has grew massively to the point he is ~good enough for bottom pairing... but I am going to wait until Ghost and Morin surpass MacDonald and Del Zotto in ability level then trade AMac to make more room for Sanheim or Hagg, it could be this season (2016-17), then trade Del Zotto when the other is ready.

Also have Jeremy Roy in the wings... he likely takes over from Hamhuis in 2 years when his contract is up. The rest of my D prospects are pretty crap... apart from a guy I drafted in 2016 (3rd round?) from the Q who is 6'2 and a good skater who is probably good enough for AHL now. But tbh not been drafting many D since 2015... as it was obvious by then that Morin & Ghost at least would be NHL calibre... then in 2015-2016 Sanheim made enormous jumps and him and Roy are rated as a future 1st pairing guys. (Morin and Ghost both as 3-4s, Hagg as 5-6.) So 2016 draft just focused on forwards and took one bust or boom D from high school!

Last edited:

BrimFullofAsham45

Dec 22, 2002
I always liked reading EHM stories. I was a big fan of the original EHM. I played a game file to 2093 (took about 8 years to make it that far). For some reason the interface of the 2007 version turned me off, but I'll probably give the new one a shot

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I always liked reading EHM stories. I was a big fan of the original EHM. I played a game file to 2093 (took about 8 years to make it that far). For some reason the interface of the 2007 version turned me off, but I'll probably give the new one a shot

As someone who plays EHM, EHM 05 and EHM 07 it is well worth getting the new one... a lot of fun.

I stopped playing 07 maybe 2 years ago... just as the scoring was way to high and unless you did fixes which decreased all player stats and meant that due to the engine within 5 years all the prospects replaced every single NHLer. It just started to get too far away from the original engine to try and improve reality, and caused other problems.

It would be nice if they make an ingame editor though for EHM: EA... just so you can increase the cap by fair %s year to year. Though I imagine a single modifier to the script could give percentage increases per year if someone clever enough could come up with one. That would be better for me as then I have no temptation to edit player stats in game!

3 years in and teams are waiving guys left right and center because the cap is still 69m.

MadFerIt95*

Get a load of this team.

Raffl-G-Jake

Read-McDavid-DuClair

Belesky-Schenn-Simmonds

D'Agostini-Goc-Komarov

Oduya-Trouba

Streit-Zbyněk Michálek

Irwin-Schenn

Mason

Fasth

Had money to spend in FA and spent it big time.

Traded MDZ for Komarov simply cause I needed forwards and dumped Grossmann for a 3rd rounder to clear up cap space. Havent started year 2 yet but it should be a good year. Just hope I can move Vinny...

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Finally finished a terrible first season with a record of 24-48-10 for a total of 58 points. 2 ahead of the Jets for last place. On the other side of the standings, Tampa Bay finished with an incredible 58-17-7 record and 123 points.

Tampa Bay beat Minnesota in 6 games to win the Stanley Cup
Brandon Wheat Kings beat the Guelph Storm to win the Memorial Cup
Russia beat Sweden to win the World Championships

Now for some embarrassing stats from this really poor year

Individual Stats
Goals: Voracek - 28
Assists: Del Zotto - 34

Team Stats
Goals For: 204 (24th in NHL)
Goals Against: 304 (30th in NHL)
Power Play Percentage: 20.3% (12th in NHL)
Penalty Kill Percentage: 76.1% (30th in NHL)

After the season I fired Ron Wilson and hired Michel Therrien to be the new head coach. Then I went into the offseason. Somehow I was able to sign Anthony Duclair. I was getting mail that a bunch of teams were offering a contract so I figured hey why not offer him one too. He rejected offers from 13 other teams and picked me :laugh:

I lucked out and won the lottery so I got to select first overall. Here are a few of my picks from the draft.

1st Overall: Connor McDavid - Center - Erie
30th Overall: Ivan Provorov - Defense - Brandon
51st Overall: Anthony Richard - Center - Val d'Or
92nd Overall: Devin Williams - Goalie - Erie

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Well I missed playoffs, it was mainly due to Giroux being incredibly injury prone. He was out for about half the season and I had a bit of a carousel going on for my 1st line.

Here's a bunch of things I did:

I brought Gustafsson back into the line-up and he is seriously doing really well. Top 4 taking big minutes.

Mason ended the season with .910 which I was quite happy with, I'm letting Emery walk so I'll be in the hunt for a new backup.

I traded Akeson to the Blues for Dmitri Jaskin, he's with the Phantoms right now but I think he'll be able to play his way onto the roster.

Umberger, Grossmann, Schenn are gone for picks. Cola walked. I gave Shoane Morrisonn a contract and he's a very cheap #7. I was expecting to send him to the AHL eventually to bring up some of my young guys, but his stats have been great so I might keep him on full time next season as long as he keeps his play up.

I somehow bamboozled Toronto out of Nylander :laugh:, he's been doing pretty well, I kept him on the Phantoms for the end of the season.

Gudas has been a pain in the ass, he always has a load of PIMs every game and he is constantly unhappy, he claims the referees are treating him unfairly.

I still haven't been able to shed VLC though...

Last edited:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
In July after my first season right now. Wacky things going on. Ed Snider retired and Chicago has put Kane on the trade block.

Here are my lines at the moment before the season starts.

Simmonds - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - McDavid - Duclair
Umberger - Couturier - Read
Raffl - Lecavalier - Akeson

Del Zotto - Streit
MacDonald - Gudas
Morin - Blum

Mason
Zepp

I'm not sure if I should have McDavid on the roster yet. I've seen people say he needs a couple years before he's ready.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
They really need to fix the AI teams messing up their rosters. I'm at the end of September with one more preseason game to go and right now there are 74 players on the waiver wire... :amazed:

MadFerIt95*

Finally finished a terrible first season with a record of 24-48-10 for a total of 58 points. 2 ahead of the Jets for last place. On the other side of the standings, Tampa Bay finished with an incredible 58-17-7 record and 123 points.

Tampa Bay beat Minnesota in 6 games to win the Stanley Cup
Brandon Wheat Kings beat the Guelph Storm to win the Memorial Cup
Russia beat Sweden to win the World Championships

Now for some embarrassing stats from this really poor year

Individual Stats
Goals: Voracek - 28
Assists: Del Zotto - 34

Team Stats
Goals For: 204 (24th in NHL)
Goals Against: 304 (30th in NHL)
Power Play Percentage: 20.3% (12th in NHL)
Penalty Kill Percentage: 76.1% (30th in NHL)

After the season I fired Ron Wilson and hired Michel Therrien to be the new head coach. Then I went into the offseason. Somehow I was able to sign Anthony Duclair. I was getting mail that a bunch of teams were offering a contract so I figured hey why not offer him one too. He rejected offers from 13 other teams and picked me :laugh:

I lucked out and won the lottery so I got to select first overall. Here are a few of my picks from the draft.

1st Overall: Connor McDavid - Center - Erie
30th Overall: Ivan Provorov - Defense - Brandon
51st Overall: Anthony Richard - Center - Val d'Or
92nd Overall: Devin Williams - Goalie - Erie

Same thing happened to me with DuClair, almost felt like cheating signing him haha

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well I missed playoffs, it was mainly due to Giroux being incredibly injury prone. He was out for about half the season and I had a bit of a carousel going on for my 1st line.

Here's a bunch of things I did:

I brought Gustafsson back into the line-up and he is seriously doing really well. Top 4 taking big minutes.

Mason ended the season with .910 which I was quite happy with, I'm letting Emery walk so I'll be in the hunt for a new backup.

I traded Akeson to the Blues for Dmitri Jaskin, he's with the Phantoms right now but I think he'll be able to play his way onto the roster.

Umberger, Grossmann, Schenn are gone for picks. Cola walked. I gave Shoane Morrisonn a contract and he's a very cheap #7. I was expecting to send him to the AHL eventually to bring up some of my young guys, but his stats have been great so I might keep him on full time next season as long as he keeps his play up.

I somehow bamboozled Toronto out of Nylander :laugh:, he's been doing pretty well, I kept him on the Phantoms for the end of the season.

Gudas has been a pain in the ass, he always has a load of PIMs every game and he is constantly unhappy, he claims the referees are treating him unfairly.

I still haven't been able to shed VLC though...

To shed guys who have NTC/NMCs:

first go on the player menu on the player and where you can select if he is a 'core' key' depth' player etc select 'not needed' then offer him to all.

That usually works.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Well I'm ****ed. Voracek got unhappy for not offering him a contract, but during the season he said he didn't want to discuss a new contract at this point. I ended up losing him to the Devils in free agency, even though I offered him a ton of money and a NTC. I have no idea where to go from this point because I have a bunch of prospects who aren't quite ready to make the jump yet but I'm getting dangerously close to wasting Giroux's prime years.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Little tip.

If you want your prospects to develop faster (North American ones anyway):

Sign them to ELCs.

During summer if they are junior players they will be on the Flyers anyway. If Phantoms players call them up as soon as the season is over.

Make sure they are not just on general training, but offensive or defensive depending on position. (and tinker with the offensive and defensive so that everything is medium apart from offensive or defensive which are intense.)

Then that way they will be training with the Flyers coaches, who if you are doing a decent job should all have attributes of ~17+ for coaching their specific areas... whereas junior coaches and AHL will be lucky to have attribute in the teens. So in the four months from ~June to September they will progress far quicker than if with AHL or Junior team... then after training camp just send them where you want them/where they need to be.

For me doing that:

Morin was ready to start 2015-16.
Gostisbehere was ready at xmas 2015.
Sanheim was ready to start 2016-17.
Hagg is very close to ready.

Cousins was an NHL level player to start 2015-16.
Leier looks to be an NHL level player in November 2016.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Appleyard, do you keep your training settings that high during the season, or do you tinker with them again?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Appleyard, do you keep your training settings that high during the season, or do you tinker with them again?

I only ever really use the 'offensive' and 'defensive' training presets and simply put forwards in one and Dmen in the other.

I set them up so everything in each is on medium (apart from learning new position and goalie training ofc!) apart from the offensive or defensive aspect, which I put on intense depending on which training preset it is. But yeh, I leave them both like that all year.

The player never moan or get too tired with just the one intense aspect to their training.

I sometimes use the blank one in summer and put prospects and young players in with higher training settings, but younger players get tired slightly easier in general so I am careful and only put it the ones who can hack it.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Does anyone play this game on a mac? If so, what program do you use to run windows? Did you have to pay for this program? Or? Sounds like a fun game and I would love to play it on my Mac.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Does anyone play this game on a mac? If so, what program do you use to run windows? Did you have to pay for this program? Or? Sounds like a fun game and I would love to play it on my Mac.

Parallels can be used to run Windows on a Mac. VMware Fusion also. Decide which one you prefer here.

They cost money to purchase. Parallels is actually on sale right now :)
The best PC is actually a Mac running Windows :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Had a week or so where I had to do a tonne of work so did not play.

In 2016-17 now, lineup is:

Raffl -- Giroux -- Voracek
Schenn -- Couturier -- Simmonds
Zykov -- Laughton -- Read
Bellemare -- Kruger -- Helm

MacDonald -- E. Johnson
Gostisbehere -- Hamhuis
Morin -- Del Zotto

Mason
Stolarz

Johnson plays ~24mins a night. MDZ is #6. The other 4 all get similar minutes.

Morin has started the year awesomely. 4 points in 5 games and the best rating on my D.

Sanheim will be force himself into the team by the end of the year... will just have to see if Del Zotto or MacDonald make way... it depends on how Morin and Ghost do.

Leier is really close to the team as well... almost beat out Bellemare for the 4th line slot in camp. I think Bellemare and Read go next summer.

Aube-Kubel is surprisingly close as well.

Lindblom is going to be at least a year, but doing fine in AHL.

Hagg could play now... as a #6/#7, so giving him another year in the AHL.

J. Roy and Svechnikov need one more year in juniors before AHL next year... or NHL if they develop really well.

Team is around the ~10th best in the league.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Parallels can be used to run Windows on a Mac. VMware Fusion also. Decide which one you prefer here.

They cost money to purchase. Parallels is actually on sale right now :)
The best PC is actually a Mac running Windows :laugh:

Thanks. Would really love to play this game, but do you think there is a chance they make a version for Mac? The money isn't a concern, just wondering. Or do you think getting Parallels is the way to go?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I recently purchased. First game I tried I didn't know the ins and outs. I didn't want to coach any games, so I left roster, lines, and tactics to the head coach. Bad move, apparently. Line selections and minutes per game were strange, and the team ended with the worst record in hockey.

Figured I'd at least end up with McDavid/Eichel, but somehow the Flyers had no first or second round picks. WTF? Whoever made the roster updates screwed that up royally.

Got fired a week into my second season, as Snider retired and the guy who replaced him had a characteristic of extreme impatience.

Started a new game. Left tactics up to coach, but had him follow my lines and roster selection.

Went just under .500 first season. Again, didn't have a first round pick, which is annoying.

Start of second season is going pretty well, but I'm incredibly annoyed at just how many transactions are going on in the league at this point. Good players getting waived, guys on waivers every day, guys like Yakupov and a bunch of other young star prospects somehow on free agency.

It has really diminished my enjoyment of the game. I set rules for myself such as not acquiring any of the guys who would never be on waivers or free agency in real life, but hopefully they address the transaction problem soon.

I'm a longtime Football Manager devotee, and I have never encountered anywhere close to a similar player movement problem in any of those games.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Just a heads up, there's a way to turn off Human Manager Sackings in preferences. Also, there's a solution to the draft pick problem somewhere back in the beginning of this thread.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
60 games into 2016-17.

Team is rolling, 2nd in East and 2 points off 1st.

Giroux and Voracek are right around PPG. (Giroux 61 in 61, Voracek 59 in 61.)
Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds and Raffl all heading for ~55-65 points.
Laughton heading for 35 points.
Zykov impressing, heading for ~40.
Read is falling off a cliff, heading for ~25 points.
Kruger and Helm are awesome.

Morin has came on leaps and bounds. Heading for 35 points and now better than Hamhuis according to my Assistant GM. 2nd best Dman after Eric Johnson.

Ghost is my #4 and on PP1. Heading for 35-40 points. Not quite as good as Morin, but a darn good player. Both Morin and Ghost are rated as potential 1-2 dmen according to my best scout... and currently at 3-4 level.

Hamhuis and AMac are solid but unspectacular. Johnson is awesome, heading for over 0.5 PPG. MDZ is solid enough and chips in, heading for 25 points in a limited role... letting him go this summer.

Mason has a .920 sv%. Stolarz has played ~18 games so far and rolling at .910, pretty decent though he has had a few shockingly bad starts.

Just traded Bellemare at the deadline to Carolina for a 2018 2nd. Carolina are in the playoff race but Bellemare has to go before next season for prospects to step in and he is an upcoming UFA. Traded Duclair for a 2017 2nd... he had just not improved at all and some other prospects passing him. Traded Pettersson for a 5th.

Sanheim is NHL ready. 0.6 PPG in the AHL.
Hagg is NHL ready. 0.5 PPG in the AHL.

Leier is now my 4th line LW after Bellemare trade, was just under PPG in AHL.

Lindblom has been a massive surprise in the AHL. PPG in his first season and the best Phantoms forward.

Aube-Kubel is just over 0.5 PPG in the AHL playing 2C and with heavy defensive responsibility.

Fazleev is looking like a career AHLer.

Jeremy Roy and Svechnikov are destroying juniors and Svechnikov will likely be my 1LW next year. Roy will start in the AHL but should be in the NHL quickly... I'll trade Hamhuis or AMac to accommodate. The other will get traded when one of Ghost or Sanheim are better than both of them and Hagg will come up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad