Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
@archibalduk or @xECK29x

How do I add league UID's to the CHL transfer rules for eligible "X-License"? It appears in the editor this is only a true/false...shouldn't it allow you to enter a UID?

Or do I add this eligibility to the actual league transfer rules and just select "true"? I have got a 32 team CHL running smoothly and even managed to eliminate the old auto "A-license" teams that were included in the old format but for the life of me I can't figure out how the competition is choosing team quantities and from each league.

XWKWPzY.png

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@archibalduk or @xECK29x

How do I add league UID's to the CHL transfer rules for eligible "X-License"? It appears in the editor this is only a true/false...shouldn't it allow you to enter a UID?

Or do I add this eligibility to the actual league transfer rules and just select "true"? I have got a 32 team CHL running smoothly and even managed to eliminate the old auto "A-license" teams that were included in the old format but for the life of me I can't figure out how the competition is choosing team quantities and from each league.

XWKWPzY.png

You are using an outdated version of the editor, this has been fixed.

Reactions: BKarchitect

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Regarding CHL, is it possible to fix two clubs from one country being in the same group ?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Regarding CHL, is it possible to fix two clubs from one country being in the same group ?

Have a 32-team CHL functioning 100% now with a real-life schedule (thanks for the editor heads up ECK!) and the game automatically separated the 8 groups such that no group has two teams from the same nation. Gonna keep testing to see if this is luck but it looks like the CPU tries to keep it clean.

GROUP A
rHOUucM.png

GROUP B
yLbNaV6.png

GROUP C
wM82Wgv.png

GROUP D
H2u7EAC.png

GROUP E
HACBxx5.png

GROUP F
hI7tLzH.png

GROUP E
QNDvfgj.png

GROUP E
3VDWwOQ.png

As an aside - yes - I have Russian teams in my CHL...so obviously with my NHLX database I'm not sticking to the "script" lol. Basically there are two 16-team super leagues - one in Western Europe and one a slimmed-down KHL that compete outside the constraints of the CHL. The rest of the top domestic leagues still funnel into the CHL - including, now, the VHL which basically becomes akin to the SHL or Liiga. At the end of April a tournament is held pitting the KHL champ, the Europa Super League champ (the Western European top league) and the CHL champ against each other to crown the "King of Europe".

There are also tons of new domestic Cups for all top nations so you still get to play out national rivalries and champions even among teams in different leagues. And lots of new international tournaments and friendlies on the drawing board. Basically the goal is to create a much richer environment as a manager where you can compete on domestic league fronts, for national cups, continental fronts and way more international involvement - a universe more like football than the current setup.

Say you are the manager of...to just pick a team...Lulea in the SHL - you will be competing to win the SHL, for the Swedish Cup (including against other SHL, Allsvenskan and even mighty Europa League clubs from Sweden), and potentially in the CHL and even eventually the Kings of Europe Cup. So you can challenge yourself to "do the double" or "triple" - winning on multiple fronts every season. It definitely becomes a more interesting schedule.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Have a 32-team CHL functioning 100% now with a real-life schedule (thanks for the editor heads up ECK!) and the game automatically separated the 8 groups such that no group has two teams from the same nation. Gonna keep testing to see if this is luck but it looks like the CPU tries to keep it clean.

GROUP A
rHOUucM.png

GROUP B
yLbNaV6.png

GROUP C
wM82Wgv.png

GROUP D
H2u7EAC.png

GROUP E
HACBxx5.png

GROUP F
hI7tLzH.png

GROUP E
QNDvfgj.png

GROUP E
3VDWwOQ.png

As an aside - yes - I have Russian teams in my CHL...so obviously with my NHLX database I'm not sticking to the "script" lol. Basically there are two 16-team super leagues - one in Western Europe and one a slimmed-down KHL that compete outside the constraints of the CHL. The rest of the top domestic leagues still funnel into the CHL - including, now, the VHL which basically becomes akin to the SHL or Liiga. At the end of April a tournament is held pitting the KHL champ, the Europa Super League champ (the Western European top league) and the CHL champ against each other to crown the "King of Europe".

There are also tons of new domestic Cups for all top nations so you still get to play out national rivalries and champions even among teams in different leagues. And lots of new international tournaments and friendlies on the drawing board. Basically the goal is to create a much richer environment as a manager where you can compete on domestic league fronts, for national cups, continental fronts and way more international involvement - a universe more like football than the current setup.

Say you are the manager of...to just pick a team...Lulea in the SHL - you will be competing to win the SHL, for the Swedish Cup (including against other SHL, Allsvenskan and even mighty Europa League clubs from Sweden), and potentially in the CHL and even eventually the Kings of Europe Cup. So you can challenge yourself to "do the double" or "triple" - winning on multiple fronts every season. It definitely becomes a more interesting schedule.

Awesome, I'll definitely take that .ehm file for the schedule dates :).

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v6.1 of Pivot posted

General Updates:

- Latest notable transactions worldwide -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated NHL financial detail for player contract asks, these have been increased. Please provide feedback or report any game breaking issues (specially with how the AI manages their teams with these changes!) -- thanks ImActuallyAnOtter and Comb for feedback!!
- Added affiliations for Ottawa/Belleville and Atlanta (ECHL)
- Reverted schedules for CHL Memorial Cup, OHL, QMJHL and WHL back to last years due to issues with real-life schedules, will generate new fake schedule templates for those leagues or move real-life dates around.
- Updated staff in CHL leagues (WHL, QMJHL, OHL)
- Updated early notables for the NHL 2022 Entry Draft: 2022 NHL Draft Ranking - The Early Look, July 8th, 2021 - HockeyProspect.com
- Added 2021 NAHL and QJHL draft classes
- Updated EIHL/NIHL players and staff -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!
- Added real schedule for EIHL and updated playoffs
- Updated Belarus Salei Cup league structure and teams -- thanks Matee!!
- Added league structures back for Australian Ice Hockey League, New Zealand Ice Hockey League, NIHL National, North 1/2 and South 1/2, real schedule added for NIHL National, real schedules to come for the rest when released. We are also exploring how we can add the Cups back as well. -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!
- Updated clubs and structures for Finnish SM-Sarja, U20 Mestis and AlpsHL.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario

is this all working on top of your 36 team NHL you had been hinting at a little while ago? if so whats a release window looking like? :P

Reactions: BKarchitect

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
v6.1 of Pivot posted

General Updates:

- Latest notable transactions worldwide -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated NHL financial detail for player contract asks, these have been increased. Please provide feedback or report any game breaking issues (specially with how the AI manages their teams with these changes!) -- thanks ImActuallyAnOtter and Comb for feedback!!
- Added affiliations for Ottawa/Belleville and Atlanta (ECHL)
- Reverted schedules for CHL Memorial Cup, OHL, QMJHL and WHL back to last years due to issues with real-life schedules, will generate new fake schedule templates for those leagues or move real-life dates around.
- Updated staff in CHL leagues (WHL, QMJHL, OHL)
- Updated early notables for the NHL 2022 Entry Draft: 2022 NHL Draft Ranking - The Early Look, July 8th, 2021 - HockeyProspect.com
- Added 2021 NAHL and QJHL draft classes
- Updated EIHL/NIHL players and staff -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!
- Added real schedule for EIHL and updated playoffs
- Updated Belarus Salei Cup league structure and teams -- thanks Matee!!
- Added league structures back for Australian Ice Hockey League, New Zealand Ice Hockey League, NIHL National, North 1/2 and South 1/2, real schedule added for NIHL National, real schedules to come for the rest when released. We are also exploring how we can add the Cups back as well. -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!
- Updated clubs and structures for Finnish SM-Sarja, U20 Mestis and AlpsHL.

Are prospects from 2021 draft re-rated or is that going to be in the next release ? :)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
is this all working on top of your 36 team NHL you had been hinting at a little while ago? if so whats a release window looking like? :P

Yeah…it’s never really done lol…so I’ve told myself I’ll release a beta sandbox version for people to play around in about a month. We will see lol.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Are prospects from 2021 draft re-rated or is that going to be in the next release ? :)

The next time I will touch them up is next month when I start doing the organizational detail work around training camp, but those prospects will mostly remain untouched for a while, they were re-ranked/rated when I did the draft class setup.

Reactions: filip85

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
V6.1.2 of Pivot posted:

General Updates:

- Latest notable transactions -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated NHL scheduling (both Olympic and regular years). Schedule for 2021-22 season still accurate as far as games played but dates moved to work around game limitations. Further refinement and changes likely to come. -- thanks penguinrevolt!!
- Fixed extra_config retirements to occur in 2021 when using August start date.
- Updated AJHL, AlpsHL, AHL, Belarus Extraliga A/B, NCAA D1 (all conferences) staff
- Added RMU back to AHA
- Updated SHL, Allsvenskan, J20 Nationell rosters, captains, long-term injuries and staff
- Updated HockeyEttan, HockeyFyran, HockeyTrean, J18/J20 Regional and J20 Nationell rosters
- Updated various Swedish clubs and affiliations at multiple levels (need to still update divisions for HockeyTrean)
- Added league structure for Italian Hockey League, still needs some small tweaks to playoff seeding -- thanks Archi!!
- Updated ICEHL and Italian Hockey League rosters
- Updated NAHL clubs, league structure (real schedule added) and staff
- Updated SPHL league structure and added Vermilion County, updated staff
- Added league structure for Chinese Ice Hockey League Hong Kong per user request, updated clubs and players from 2020-21 season. -- thanks Penguinrevolt!!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Does the game still do regens?

Dumb thing I like to do is take a bunch of geezer players from non hockey powers and see how they turn out.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x I assume a new version is coming with the NYI signings? ;)

Hopefully, you wait until the KK offersheet is resolved as well. :D

I have it right now not being matched (which I think will be the case), I think MTL goes after Eichel with those picks. Update likely this weekend as the change list is already really massive.

Reactions: archibalduk

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I have it right now not being matched (which I think will be the case), I think MTL goes after Eichel with those picks. Update likely this weekend as the change list is already really massive.

Well, the decision is due Saturday so :DD

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
EHM on Difficult Mode? Open the spoiler to see a little challenge I put together!

The Game:
The year is 2040. Off the back of the Pivot rosters (with procedural modifications I included), I did the following:
- Simmed to the TDL of the 2039/40 season.
- Took over the East and West club in most need of a rebuild (in the West it was clearly Nashville, there were a few East candidates but Carolina was the choice)
- Sold off every sellable asset 28 and over for picks from those 2 teams, spreading the players around the league.
- Set up staff and scouting
- Simmed to draft day 2040

Database Modifications made:

- Salary cap was progressively raised to 90m over the course of the first 9 seasons (asks raised to match).
- Max ELC increased to 1.925m
- Buriable cap hit increased to 2.125m
- Newest version of PG installed, with some added specific customisation for this challenge.

Game File Restrictions:

- You must play with player attributes HIDDEN. Do this here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/487801656365547524/883508922831503380/unknown.png (You can turn off the hidden attributes when looking at staff if needed because you dont get scout reports on staff)
- You must play with the following GM Options regarding tactics, practice, squad selection and line settings: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/487801656365547524/883509260758171698/unknown.png
- You are restricted to a maximum season cap hit of 81m, even though the AI is 90m (you're way under in the file)
- No use of EHM Editor, EHM Assistant or anything else to see player information hidden by blackouts.

The Teams:

Carolina:
Carolina is a team that is looking to be set up as a "speed and skill" team. Connor McDavid is the head coach and likes his teams to play with attacking prowess and flexibility. The team is led by 20yo star player Tanner Bargar and has 2 prospect goalies who project to the NHL as well as a high end 19yo RW in the KHL right now. The rest of the team is a supporting cast in need of talent.
Carolina won the cup in 2022-23 and lost the Cup Final in 2033-34. They've only made the PO once in the last 6 years, but there is a lot of picks with which to sort that.

Nashville:
Nashville the unlucky. They lost the 2029/20, 2030/31 and 2035/36 cup finals. 0-4 in the Stanley Cup over their history. 5 consecutive PO qualifications ended in 2039/40 as the team just aged out. Club legend Yaroslav Askarov, now 38, is retained by the club as the emotional figure head with 1 more season on his contract but everyone else was sold off. With the exception of a 20yo LW who just went 0.85PPG in the KHL, the pipeline is quite bare; but with a gargantuan number of picks in the next 2 drafts that will be immediately resolved with good draft selections.
Head coached by Sidney Crosby, Nashville is built on "pace and power". Playing a direct, attacking style they aim to physically dominate their opponents, pushing them into submission.

Commentary:
The difficulty comes from the fact you cannot see players stats. You have scouting reports, but you don't know how good the comparables are because you wont know the players. On top of that, playing in "True GM" mode means you must rely on AI coaching to get you to the cup!
If you want to play just 1 team, retire the other GM and proceed.
Link to File, best of luck!

Reactions: xECK29x and dh99

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

And there you go.

No Eichel/Dvorak trade yet though. :thumbd:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thank you MTL for completing the trade as I was staging it.

Are you going to give Arizona MTL or CAR 2022 1st? If you think MTL is a bottom 10 pick (or if you think MTL will be better than Carolina) it would be Carolina's pick.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v6.2 posted, big change list!

3SUxgBw.png

JpnunDK.png

Wwc5Nf7.png

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions -- thanks Matee!!
- Deeply refreshed European junior leagues mentioned below adding randomized and tiered CA/PAs to players, should greatly improve NHL/CHL Import draft depth and initial list of prospects for Euro pro leagues with affiliated Juniors.
- Updated the abbreviations of a few nations, this may impact your flag logos (should be updated in Dani9's next update to his logo pack)
NHL Updates:
- Updated injuries, heights, weights, player numbers. Re-rates of NHL organizations and refreshes of depth charts to start after this update and continue until the start of season.
Austrian Updates:
- Updated ICEHL staff (updated in last release but left out of change notes)
- Updated AlpsHL rosters
Belorussian Updates:
- Updated Parimatch-Extraliga, Salei Cup and Vysshaya Liga clubs and league structures -- thanks Matee!!
British Updates:
- Updated NIHL National, NIHL-1, NIHL-2 rosters -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!
- Added playable league structures for U18 D1/2, updated all NIHL structures and added playable structures for all NIHL Cups -- thanks Archi!!
Canadian Updates:
- Updated BCHL, GOJHL, QJHL, MJAHL, MJHL, NOJHL, SIJHL, SJHL, OHL, OJHL, QMJHL, WHL and USports rosters
- Increased reputation of CHL Memorial Cup and OHL, QMJHL and WHL -- thanks ImActuallyAnOtter!!
Czech Updates:
- Updated Tipsport Extraliga, Chance Liga, 2. Liga, Extraliga dorostu and Extraliga junioru rosters
Danish Updates:
- Updated Metal Ligaen rosters
Finnish Updates:
- Updated Mestis, Suomi-sarja, U16-U20 Mestis & SM-sarja rosters
French Updates:
- Updated Synerglace Ligue Magnus, Division 1-3 and FFHG U17/U20 Elite rosters
- Updated max age for U17,U20,U22 leagues
German Updates:
- Updated DEL, DEL2, Oberliga, U17 and DNL U20 rosters
Hungarian Updates:
- Updated Erste League clubs and rosters
Italian Updates:
- Updated IHL rosters and league structure -- thanks Archi!!
Kazakhstan Updates:
- Updated Kazakhstan Pro Hokei Ligasy rosters
Latvian Updates:
- Updated Opitbet Hokeja Liga rosters
Netherlands Updates:
- Updated BeNe League clubs and rosters
Norwegian Updates:
- Updated Fjordkraft-ligaen, 1/2. divisjon and U20 rosters
- Folded U21 teams and re-enabled U20 teams
Polish Updates:
- Updated PZHL and 1.Liga rosters
Russian Updates:
- Updated KHL foreign player eligibility rules -- thanks iparinile!!
- Updated KHL, VHL, MHL. NMHL, U16-U18 and PVHL rosters
Slovak Updates:
- Updated clubs, affiliations and cup names for Tipsport and Hokejová Liga -- thanks TomTeki!!
- Updated Hokejová Liga league structure
- Updated Tipos Extraliga and Hokejová Liga rosters and staff -- thanks TomTeki!!
Slovenian Updates:
- Updated International Hockey League rosters
Spanish Updates:
- Updated LNHH clubs, league structure and rosters
Swiss Updates:
- Updated officials, clubs and transfer rules for Swiss leagues -- thanks Marcomunetti!!
- Updated NL. SL, MSL, and U15-20 (A, Elit and Top) rosters
Ukrainian Updates:
- Updated UHL rosters
United States Updates:
- Lowered reputations of top-end NCAA schools so top-end prospects don't walk to UFA as often -- thanks ImActuallyAnOtter!!
- Updated clubs, divisions and added playable league structure for the USPHL - a 65 team, 10 division Junior B league with a huge 21 stage structure -- big thanks to penguinrevolt for the help on this!!
- Added league structure and updated clubs, rosters and staff for the FPHL
- Updated NAHL. NA3HL, NCDC, USHL, NCAA DIII and SPHL rosters
- Updated NA3HL player rights
- Updated USHL staff
- Updated NAHL clubs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad