Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v6.0.1 posted

General Updates:

- Latest notable transactions worldwide
- Fixed Seattle Kraken affiliation with Palm Springs -- thanks Endoplazmatické Retikulum!!
- Changed Dependency from Independent to Semi-Independent for NHL/AHL affiliations.
-- I added placeholder contracts for the Islanders based on heavy speculation they are completed but not filed (Zajac, Parise, Palmieri and Cizikas)
- Updated IamActuallyAnOtter's Prospect Generator import sheet to version 6.3
--- Removal of all lower end prospects, as well as -14, -8, -9, -10 prospect ranges (Now only -15, -17, -18, -19 and -20 ranges are used)
-- Introduced "feedback testing" where a number of recent PG's were run for long-term sims, with regular exports which were then used to re-calibrate attribute generation to give better rounded players for specific role types once they get to the NHL level (~470,000 rows of data in Excel) - Specifically Forward Playmakers and Physical Snipers.
-- Reduced PG numbers (~5.5k players and ~4.5k non-players)
-- Improved Offensive Role, Consistency, Vision and Determination rolls for -20 prospect skaters
-- Improved Consistency, Passing, Stickhandling and Determination rolls for -19 and -20 prospect goalies
-- Revamped prospect signup included
- Ran "Fill-In" generator against database to generate key attributes for players with CA and roles set based on the Prospect Generator algorithms -- thanks IamActuallyAnOtter!!
- Improved depth of 2022-2023 draft classes (classes will be re-evaluated once several issues of rankings start to come out) -- thanks IamActuallyAnOtter!!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Question: what’s the difference gamewise between independent and semi-independent affiliates?

Edit: catching up on other updates and excited to see some Asian tournaments. Having more to do with national teams is sonething id love to see more of.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Question: what’s the difference gamewise between independent and semi-independent affiliates?

Edit: catching up on other updates and excited to see some Asian tournaments. Having more to do with national teams is sonething id love to see more of.

There are more detailed explanations on TBL but basically finances, reputation and players get somewhat tied to the main affiliated club. Keeping the AHL teams on Independent would cause them to keep signing players to completely fill their rosters and not leave room for NHL contracted players, setting this to semi should help that.

Also there was an issue with the SEAG team picking, I just fixed it so you should have the proper teams if you start a new game now, sorry about that!

Reactions: Dirty Dog and GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing that might be of accuracy's help is that Sam Morin is definitely a LD before he is a LW now.

Reactions: xECK29x

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just noticed Kunlun Red Star doesn't have any affiliates on the last update.

Also looks like the edits of the KHL schedule missed some games, some teams have their schedules end in January, and then a full month until their final game at the end of February, after the Olympics. And some games running into the All-Star Game. Not privy to how the KHL does their schedule, is it really that late?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Just noticed Kunlun Red Star doesn't have any affiliates on the last update.

Also looks like the edits of the KHL schedule missed some games, some teams have their schedules end in January, and then a full month until their final game at the end of February, after the Olympics. And some games running into the All-Star Game. Not privy to how the KHL does their schedule, is it really that late?

I'm not aware of any active affiliations, both their affiliate clubs folded in recent years (Kunlun Red Star at eliteprospects.com). The club is mostly just being used to train their national team for the Olympics, going to get slaughtered.

The KHL schedule has the Olympic break but ends in late March IRL, I need to start the playoffs in early March in order to have them finish up before the 29th of April, the game has a hard set date of May 1st to roll over any non-North American league to its new season, it's also the date where contracts expire. As a temporary solution I just moved up games scheduled to late March to late January/early February to fill in the real life Olympic break (as EHM only needs really 10 days for Olympics compared to over 20 IRL.

It's just a temporary solution for now, I figured having 90% of the schedule as realistic is better then creating a complete fantasy schedule. Feedback will always change my opinion as I have no skin in the game really as long as it works.

Reactions: Dala

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not aware of any active affiliations, both their affiliate clubs folded in recent years (Kunlun Red Star at eliteprospects.com). The club is mostly just being used to train their national team for the Olympics, going to get slaughtered.

The KHL schedule has the Olympic break but ends in late March IRL, I need to start the playoffs in early March in order to have them finish up before the 29th of April, the game has a hard set date of May 1st to roll over any non-North American league to its new season, it's also the date where contracts expire. As a temporary solution I just moved up games scheduled to late March to late January/early February to fill in the real life Olympic break (as EHM only needs really 10 days for Olympics compared to over 20 IRL.

It's just a temporary solution for now, I figured having 90% of the schedule as realistic is better then creating a complete fantasy schedule. Feedback will always change my opinion as I have no skin in the game really as long as it works.
Speaking of the dates, is there a tutorial somewhere of changing those wrt the schedule/playoffs of leagues/tournaments? Last time I was playing around in a db I couldn’t figure that one out. That hard date of May 1 I didn’t realize bc I was ultimately hoping to push some things back.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I've started a game with the 6.0.1 database using Dani9's logos, but I noticed some club logos are missing in the AHL like Abbotsford Canucks and Bridgeport Islanders. Am I not subscribed to the correct logos or has no one done logos for those yet?

Not trying to be picky, just curious if I've subscribed to the correct logo packs.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@xECK29x just a quick note on the current database, and the 6.0.0(?) I presume was the last one?

I was running a save where I took the Kraken and gave them all Washington-Oregon and area (no B.C) players. I noticed a duplicate, Garret VanWyhe or something. not sure if one was dropped but Garret plays for Michigan and presumably has no hockey playing family, at least according to EliteProspects.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I've started a game with the 6.0.1 database using Dani9's logos, but I noticed some club logos are missing in the AHL like Abbotsford Canucks and Bridgeport Islanders. Am I not subscribed to the correct logos or has no one done logos for those yet?

Not trying to be picky, just curious if I've subscribed to the correct logo packs.

Dani will update his pack later in the summer

Reactions: Snowman

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Speaking of the dates, is there a tutorial somewhere of changing those wrt the schedule/playoffs of leagues/tournaments? Last time I was playing around in a db I couldn’t figure that one out. That hard date of May 1 I didn’t realize bc I was ultimately hoping to push some things back.

I posted a link to the League Structure editing tutorial written up by Archi a few pages back. If you Google “Editing League Structures EHM” you should easily find it from TBL and cross-posted to the EHM sub-Reddit.

However there is still some nuance outside of that document and there are some small changes in 1.5. Still it’s a great starting point and covers 95% of what you need to edit or build new structures for leagues.

Last edited:
Reactions: GKJ and BKarchitect

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x just a quick note on the current database, and the 6.0.0(?) I presume was the last one?

I was running a save where I took the Kraken and gave them all Washington-Oregon and area (no B.C) players. I noticed a duplicate, Garret VanWyhe or something. not sure if one was dropped but Garret plays for Michigan and presumably has no hockey playing family, at least according to EliteProspects.

Fixed thanks!

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Love the new rosters, started a game with the Coyotes and it is a lot of fun.

One thing I seem to have noticed is that new young top players born in Quebec no longer have french canadian names. I believe it might be linked to the prospect generator. For me, even if it is something that is not critical, I'd like to find a way to fix it. Any idea if one of these solutions is possible?

1- Manually editing names with the saved game editor, is it feasible and will it risk the stability of the save?

2- Mass editing players born in Quebec pre-game through the editor, although I'd need to find a way to locate them.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Love the new rosters, started a game with the Coyotes and it is a lot of fun.

One thing I seem to have noticed is that new young top players born in Quebec no longer have french canadian names. I believe it might be linked to the prospect generator. For me, even if it is something that is not critical, I'd like to find a way to fix it. Any idea if one of these solutions is possible?

1- Manually editing names with the saved game editor, is it feasible and will it risk the stability of the save?

2- Mass editing players born in Quebec pre-game through the editor, although I'd need to find a way to locate them.

The game associates names in the pool to a specific country, doesn't have support to associate names to a specific Providence or State.

2 is the safer bet.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
The game associates names in the pool to a specific country, doesn't have support to associate names to a specific Providence or State.

2 is the safer bet.

Thanks for the quick answer, just in case (because it would help me do it much quicker), do you have a list of the prospects generated by the generator that are in your rosters?

I'm not 100% certain but I was under the impression that there was a distinct names list for Quebec players when automatically generated by the game.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for the quick answer, just in case (because it would help me do it much quicker), do you have a list of the prospects generated by the generator that are in your rosters?

I'm not 100% certain but I was under the impression that there was a distinct names list for Quebec players when automatically generated by the game.

Nope its all pooled just by nation. I can send the list via PM but its going to be thousands of players and its not going to remain a consistent fix.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Nope its all pooled just by nation. I can send the list via PM but its going to be thousands of players and its not going to remain a consistent fix.

OK thanks for the info. If you can send the list through PM I'll have a look, otherwise it's understood no problem.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

The Flyers and Phantoms made some personnel moves yesterday. I’d probably move Sami Sandell from the Phantoms to Flyers scouting staff too for db purposes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->