Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Completely not related to what you are talking about here, but archibalduk suggested reaching out.

Have you done any work/setup modifying existing drafts? I know we can't add drafts, but specifically looking to see if you've done any work modifying CHL junior drafts. (adding non US or Canadian teams into the fold, wanting to expand eligible players in these drafts)

If you have a moment definitely hit me up on DM, I'd love to pick your brain a bit!

Dont think it’s possible. There are some rules that can be tweaked for drafts but it’s mostly just related to age cutoffs and if goalies are eligible.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Completely not related to what you are talking about here, but archibalduk suggested reaching out.

Have you done any work/setup modifying existing drafts? I know we can't add drafts, but specifically looking to see if you've done any work modifying CHL junior drafts. (adding non US or Canadian teams into the fold, wanting to expand eligible players in these drafts)

If you have a moment definitely hit me up on DM, I'd love to pick your brain a bit!

Unfortunately I have had no luck significantly modifying any drafts other than the goalie option which is built-in. Was kind of hoping when/if Riz puts out an official data editor that some items like that might be editable but for now I don't think there is much any of us can do.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
This game never stops to amaze me. In my SC Bern save I have Dominik Kahun on my roster (started the save before he signed in RL) and he has had listed his teammate as "disliked person", while that same teammate had him as "favourite" :laugh: Must have been some love triangle there.:sarcasm:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Unfortunately I have had no luck significantly modifying any drafts other than the goalie option which is built-in. Was kind of hoping when/if Riz puts out an official data editor that some items like that might be editable but for now I don't think there is much any of us can do.
Thanks for the response!

I've been able to tweak draft age, but that's about it so far.

Was definitely hoping to mod some of the nations / leagues players are allowed to be drafted from. But from what you said and what I've found playing around with settings, not a lot can be done at the moment.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
For the first time in my 30k hours of this game I've seen a player in a draft already be nearly maxed out come draft day...goalie rated at 181 current ability at age 17

Reactions: Dirty Dog

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v6.3 of Pivot uploaded:

Fairly substantial update especially for NCAA players. NHL organizational re-rates have started, I am going to be focusing on implementing more of a attribute floor for NHL players, I like where the re-rates landed. Also making improvements for defensive players to make them much more viable options for your roster. Open to feedback!

General Updates:

- Latest notable transactions -- thanks Matee!!

NHL Updates:
- NHL organizational re-rating (players, prospects and RFAs) completed for: Anaheim Ducks, Colorado Avalanche, Columbus Blue Jackets, Montreal Canadiens, Nashville Predators and Seattle Kraken

NCAA Updates:
- Thanks to help/inspiration from Flinch and Penguinrevolt, we have remade the league structure for the NCAA D1 tournaments into one giant league. This is something we have been thinking about doing for a while, it's a little closer to real life and makes it more management for us when it comes to updating details like career histories. If the community strongly dislikes this change, I will reverse it and look for other options. I'm very interested in your feedback about this change. This will also fix the crashing when selecting all US leagues which we started experiencing last update.

British Updates:
- Updated EIHL foreign player and roster size rules based on 2021-22 season regulations -- thanks Archi and ChaiTiefling!!
- Updated EIHL and British Challenge Cup rules -- thanks Archi!!

Canadian Updates:
- Updated NOJHL rosters
- Added secondary Canadian citizenship for non-Canadian or American players who are considered domestic based on where they played junior. Feature request opened to add functionality to support this situation in the future, for now manual workaround -- thanks PensFan101!!
- Added support via 1.5 transfer rule to consider United States a domestic nation for all CHL leagues

Russian Updates:

- Further tweaking to KHL transfer rules per feedback from several folks -- thanks to everyone who provided feedback

Slovenka Updates:
- Added/updated coordinates for several cities, updated 2.Liga league structure team sorting, fixed playoff tree issues and added promotion/relegation between 1 and 2.liga. -- Thanks Punks_Not_Dead, penguinrevolt and Matee!!
- Updated several club and competition names -- thanks Matee!!
- Will update Hokejova liga, 2.Liga, U20 and U18 rosters and staff next update or patch the changes in late next week.

United States Updates:
- Combined USNTDP U17/U18 under the USNDP competition with the only change being upper age limit per competition. Interested in feedback/reports of issues!
- Updated USNTDP U18 roster

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Any picture?
upload_2021-9-20_0-28-37.png

Thats him after one year, I didn't even realize he was that tall...guys an animal

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I've never seen a goalie that good that early. I have a 198 OVR Shane Wright 72 games into his first season though. I think he was around 189 when drafted, somewhere around there. Best I've ever seen at draft in my games, not even close. (didn't realize I cropped the points - he has 105 in 72 games, 47g/58a - linemates are Tarasenko and Timo Meier)

wright.jpg

(GM is Thomas Thomas, just fyi)

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Toronto Maple Leafs - Pivot 6.2 Rosters Story

I love writing about EHM. I've done the superstar series, I've taken a break from it as I moved to a new place and started up teaching at a new school, also lost passion for it once the Maple Leafs got eliminated in real life. Was so heart broken about it. But with hockey ramping up, I'm feeling rejuvenated and I wanted to start a career as a GM. I'll try and do these updates on here. I want to take this team to new heights and see how many Stanley Cups I win. Follow me on my journey!

Season 1 - A Stanley Cup Finals Appearance
82GP - 48W - 30L - 4OTL/SO - 22.6% PP, 83.6% PK - 100 points (3rd in the Eastern Conference)

We ended up going to the Stanley Cup Finals and losing to the Nashville Predators 4-2.

Regular Season Stats:
Season-1-Stats.png

Playoff Stats:
Season-1-Playoff-Stats.png

Transactions:
  • Signed RW, Damir Zhafyarov, RW, Josh Ho-Sang and C, Tyler Bozak in the off-season

• September 2nd, 2021 - Traded Pierre Engvall, rights to Veeti Miettinen and TOR's 5th in 2024 to the Buffalo Sabres for Henri Jokiharju

• December 18th, 2021 - Traded Alexander Kerfoot, rights to Dimitri Ovchinnikov and TOR's 2nd in 2023 to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Max Domi

• January 25th, 2022 - Traded Michael Amadio and rights to Semyon Kizimov to the Seattle Kraken for Mason Appleton

• June 16th, 2022 - Traded David Kampf to the Nashville Predators for NSH's 4th in 2022
  • June 17th, 2022 - Traded Justin Holl, rights to John Fusco, rights to Vyacheslav Peska to the Los Angeles Kings for Carl Grundstrom and PIT's 3rd in 2022

Here are the lines I rolled for a majority of the season:

Matthews - Tavares - Marner
Kase - Domi - Nylander
Ritchie - Bozak - Zhafyarov
Mikheyev - Appleton - Bunting

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Jokiharju

Jack Campbell
Petr Mrazek

Lets see what I do in the off season!

Reactions: xECK29x

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is there something wrong with Steam? I can't connect to it. Maybe that's by my subs won't update.

edit: looks like i finally solved it. not sure what i did that i wasn't doing

Last edited:

Tallasar

Apr 11, 2018
Auckland
For me it is working when I copy the files from the subscribed database folder and add them in a new folder in the directory were are the older offline databases are!

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
For me it is working when I copy the files from the subscribed database folder and add them in a new folder in the directory were are the older offline databases are!
It makes sense! But where can I find files from the subscribed database folder? Thanks!

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
It makes sense! But where can I find files from the subscribed database folder? Thanks!
Program(x86) > Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 301120

If you have subscribed to different databases, facepacks, logopacks etc, you should have a bunch of folders in the folder called 301120 that is also called different numbers. In one of these folders you will find the database you want to edit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of the hard things it must be with NCAA is that the six conferences are not equal. Like the AHA should probably only ever get 1 playoff spot (the sim i just ran they got 4 and all had their asses handed to them in the tournament). But loading a tournament where there's more than one way to qualify doesn't seem like it's possible.

Is there a way to cut down on division schedule and get some crossover without playing everyone? i'm sure everyone having a different number of teams would make that most difficult.

i had northern michigan go 1-31-2

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
would love to hear some GM stories! I'm gonna post one later tonight. Taking over the Maple Leafs using the 6.2 Pivot rosters

I've taken the new rosters for a spin and wanted to take on the Minnesota Wild challenge and try to win a Stanley Cup within the years they have the major cap penalty.

Surprise surprise won the cup first season, Game 7 against the Lightning. I use the infamous slapshot tactic so it took a bit of the shine off of my goals for this save, but added Phil Kessel at the deadline for three solid scoring lines and suddenly the real life Wild roster looked a whole lot more dangerous.

One thing I'm noticing with the database is the random number generator seemed to really favour the 2023 draft class as random generated players look super overpowered compared to 2022. Will be interested in tracking Michkov and Bedard as they look a lot less NHL ready than say Shane Wright - they might need a CA bump.

Reactions: francis246

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad