Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The Flyers and Phantoms made some personnel moves yesterday. I’d probably move Sami Sandell from the Phantoms to Flyers scouting staff too for db purposes.

Usually I move younger/more recent scouting hires to the AHL team if I don't have enough spots on the NHL club.

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Usually I move younger/more recent scouting hires to the AHL team if I don't have enough spots on the NHL club.
He got the Flyers to draft a Finnish player for the first time in 15 years (in his first draft, with their first pick), so he is basically god to me, I'll probably make him my AGM when I get that far

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
@xECK29x changing team colors in the db editor doesn't seem to show up in the game, what I've done is backed up your db to a separate folder, and am using that one, not the subscribed one from steam.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@xECK29x changing team colors in the db editor doesn't seem to show up in the game, what I've done is backed up your db to a separate folder, and am using that one, not the subscribed one from steam.

For reference, it has worked for me

Reactions: Kranix

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Yeah it's definitely not the database, it's just something I'm doing wrong

Easy to get the database.db files mixed up :). I recommend moving them into a working directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database\[folder name]

Whatever the folder name is there is how it will show up in game.

Reactions: Kranix

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Is there a way to get the logos for inactive teams in a player's history to show up?

I mean the logos that don't have an active team, so you can't click on the team name. For those ones you just get the default EHM logo.

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Is there a way to get the logos for inactive teams in a player's history to show up?

I mean the logos that don't have an active team, so you can't click on the team name. For those ones you just get the default EHM logo.

Small-Misc

Reactions: Snowman

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
May be a stupid question, but you mean changing the colours in the DB before starting a new game, and then loading the edited DB in right?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
May be a stupid question, but you mean changing the colours in the DB before starting a new game, and then loading the edited DB in right?
Yeah. Eck was right I just selected the wrong directory for my frickin db when I started the game. i know better.

Reactions: GagneHanson12

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Fixed a pretty big issue involving non-player contract asks in the NHL which was leading to staff not being hireable based on asks. Sorry about that!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think I've successfully made (edited) some international round robin tournaments, and it seems that the results of the tournament are completely random in that I've had teams were 2nd or 3rd be declared the winners.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I think I've successfully made (edited) some international round robin tournaments, and it seems that the results of the tournament are completely random in that I've had teams were 2nd or 3rd be declared the winners.

do you think you could create a U-18 tournament? would that be possible?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
do you think you could create a U-18 tournament? would that be possible?
I, personally, cannot speak to being able to reliably create anything functional quite yet, but I think the U-18 thing has been shot down

dh99

Apr 17, 2019
Has anyone else been noticing weirdly poor physical attributes in prospects recently? In my most recent save it seems like very few prospects are green in both skating and acceleration, and I did a couple more test sims into the future and the same thing keeps happening. There's a ton of defenders with horrible defensive ratings as well (this isn't uncommon in EHM normally, but the amount that have been showing up is definitely notable).

I think it could be an issue with CA in the prospects being too low for their db values so they're lowered upon generating a save. For example, Shane Wright has some pretty strong ratings ratings when viewing the DB values, but they're getting downgraded to the point that none of his physicals are green upon creating a new save because his CA is only 104. No idea though really, that's just my best guess.

Reactions: Darkauron

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Has anyone else been noticing weirdly poor physical attributes in prospects recently? In my most recent save it seems like very few prospects are green in both skating and acceleration, and I did a couple more test sims into the future and the same thing keeps happening. There's a ton of defenders with horrible defensive ratings as well (this isn't uncommon in EHM normally, but the amount that have been showing up is definitely notable).

I think it could be an issue with CA in the prospects being too low for their db values so they're lowered upon generating a save. For example, Shane Wright has some pretty strong ratings ratings when viewing the DB values, but they're getting downgraded to the point that none of his physicals are green upon creating a new save because his CA is only 104. No idea though really, that's just my best guess.

There are definitely some issues with the 1.5 development model where it's curving players down relative to CA, it's something we are looking into and will ask Riz about once he is back on EHM work. Either that or we just need to change our approach to attribute spread relative to CA. @Beef Cake has been playing around with some thing and may have a better explanation for what's happening.

If you could provide a save game and some players to look at that would be appreciated. Also I would ask opening a topic on the Bugs forum for tracking. Eastside Hockey Manager Bugs Forum, even if its determined not to be a bug its a good spot to report any kind of concern or issue.

Reactions: dh99

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
1.5 seems to not want to nerf Technicals to match CA as much as it did before. I'm noticing Phyiscals and Mentals get hit first while it rolls back. Ideally I want to create a "check" in excel that calculates CA driven attributes and gives us a rough estimate of what we have to work with before attributes start to roll bacl

Reactions: xECK29x and dh99

dh99

Apr 17, 2019
There are definitely some issues with the 1.5 development model where it's curving players down relative to CA, it's something we are looking into and will ask Riz about once he is back on EHM work. Either that or we just need to change our approach to attribute spread relative to CA. @Beef Cake has been playing around with some thing and may have a better explanation for what's happening.

If you could provide a save game and some players to look at that would be appreciated. Also I would ask opening a topic on the Bugs forum for tracking. Eastside Hockey Manager Bugs Forum, even if its determined not to be a bug its a good spot to report any kind of concern or issue.

Here's a link to the save file I've been personally using:

This upcoming draft doesn't look bad physical-wise compared to other drafts, but it's pretty noticeable when looking at some of the past ones. It seems like in general most prospects fill out their physical ratings decently well all-in-all, but there's never any truly high-end skating future stars coming up.

I'll also look into posting something on the bug forum, thank you!

Reactions: xECK29x

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Hey guys, I just loaded EHM on my new computer (windows 10) for the first time and I was having trouble opening it. I got it to work but I had to change my computers resolution to 1024x768. Is there a way to play without having to do that every time?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Hey guys, I just loaded EHM on my new computer (windows 10) for the first time and I was having trouble opening it. I got it to work but I had to change my computers resolution to 1024x768. Is there a way to play without having to do that every time?

Can you share a screenshot of your options screen? Also what is the hardware you are playing it on, what is resolution of the monitor you are using? It does get very picky over some things.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Can you share a screenshot of your options screen? Also what is the hardware you are playing it on, what is resolution of the monitor you are using? It does get very picky over some things.

Sure, it's on my laptop which is 1920x1080. I can get it to work when I change the resolution to 1024x768, but then when I go back to change my screen settings to something bigger, then go back to EHM my cursor doesn't line up with any of the buttons. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• ehm preferences.png
    ehm preferences.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 9

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Sure, it's on my laptop which is 1920x1080. I can get it to work when I change the resolution to 1024x768, but then when I go back to change my screen settings to something bigger, then go back to EHM my cursor doesn't line up with any of the buttons. Thanks for your help!

Not sure how you took that screenshot but its not readable. Can you use the Microsoft Snipping tool by hitting Windows Key + Shift + S to take a screen shot of just that window?

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Not sure how you took that screenshot but its not readable. Can you use the Microsoft Snipping tool by hitting Windows Key + Shift + S to take a screen shot of just that window?

Sorry about that, this one should be better!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-09 135242.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-09 135242.png
    849.4 KB · Views: 12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad