Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwinglol

Nov 26, 2019
Not trying to be a debbie downer but this possible update is rough, I swear he teased it last Christmas aswell and nothing happened. Just hope it comes sooner rather then later. I know hes busy with the football one as well but dont get our hopes up.

Reactions: Pia8988

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
@xECK29x any idea for when a new roster update is going to come out for the TBL rosters? I want to wait to start a new save until the Zucker and Campbell trades have been added to the game, they weren't included when I checked last.

I could use the EHM Editor to change the players in the database, but I'm not sure how to use that to change draft picks.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x any idea for when a new roster update is going to come out for the TBL rosters? I want to wait to start a new save until the Zucker and Campbell trades have been added to the game, they weren't included when I checked last.

I could use the EHM Editor to change the players in the database, but I'm not sure how to use that to change draft picks.

After the trade deadline, I can send you a test DB now though with all the latest transactions and other stuff if you want to test for me, shoot me a PM.

This offer is open to anyone.

Reactions: vcanuck

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
After the trade deadline, I can send you a test DB now though with all the latest transactions and other stuff if you want to test for me, shoot me a PM.

This offer is open to anyone.

excellent! looking forward to the TD update :)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Fairly new, I have a couple questions.

I read earlier in the thread about an upgraded prospect generator. Where do I find that?

What is TBL? (EDIT: NVM on this, I thought this was something in the game, not a website. Figured it out.)

Regarding practices, I get the idea of it but players get tired/lose morale after a couple days and then the team sucks. If I completely disregard practice and have high morale, my team does better. That doesn't seem right. I am making sure to not have everything set to intensive, only the skills I'm trying to train. But I haven't noticed much meaningful progression either way. My coaches are solid, they shouldn't be the issue. I also have no more than two coaches per drill and no coach with more than three drills total.

Love the game, it's exactly what I want. If I could just get the practice/player progression ironed out I would be fine without the new generator. But, if I can't get the practice/progression working in a way that makes sense, I foresee issues with a talent drain. I saw someone early in the thread finding goalies with crazy stats. I have never seen that at any position in the draft after a couple years. lol

And thanks to ECK29 for the rosters and the upcoming update(s). Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: xECK29x

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Fairly new, I have a couple questions.

I read earlier in the thread about an upgraded prospect generator. Where do I find that?

What is TBL? (EDIT: NVM on this, I thought this was something in the game, not a website. Figured it out.)

Regarding practices, I get the idea of it but players get tired/lose morale after a couple days and then the team sucks. If I completely disregard practice and have high morale, my team does better. That doesn't seem right. I am making sure to not have everything set to intensive, only the skills I'm trying to train. But I haven't noticed much meaningful progression either way. My coaches are solid, they shouldn't be the issue. I also have no more than two coaches per drill and no coach with more than three drills total.

Love the game, it's exactly what I want. If I could just get the practice/player progression ironed out I would be fine without the new generator. But, if I can't get the practice/progression working in a way that makes sense, I foresee issues with a talent drain. I saw someone early in the thread finding goalies with crazy stats. I have never seen that at any position in the draft after a couple years. lol

And thanks to ECK29 for the rosters and the upcoming update(s). Much appreciated!

Prospect generated by the prospect generator are integrated in ECK roster, so if that is what you are using those roster, it is already on.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Prospect generated by the prospect generator are integrated in ECK roster, so if that is what you are using those roster, it is already on.

Nice. Just must suck at scouting then. Thanks for the answer.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

It's a few things, it is EHM The Blueline (ehmtheblueline.com) which is an EHM community site. I took over the database project this community using to make and maintain (the TBL DB: Steam Workshop :: TBL Rosters 2019-20 (v12.2.2)). This is a "start of season" database, meaning all transactions are locked as of around October 5th 2019.

This database is now a fork of my Premier Pivot database: Steam Workshop :: [2019-20] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v4.9), which is a "rolling" release, meaning I keep transactions updated (mostly) throughout the year for most of the major leagues (both databases have a focus on NHL play). A fork means it inherates everything from my Pivot DB, which is considered my master database. Any league structure, club, financial or player/staff attribute changes are brought into TBL on a monthly basis, but contracts are reset back to the start of the season.

The Pivot DB has the prospect generator added into it by default, TBL does not but it is an option. If you are playing the TBL database and want to make use of added prospects follow the following directions here:

*** TWO DATABASES INCLUDED ***
- There are two .db files included, the secondary database file in the download folder includes IAmActuallyAnOtters generated prospects and staff added in to create 100+ years of deep NHL drafts and good staff from all IIHF countries. The default database does NOT have these extra prospects, so it is recommended you use 'Generate Extra Junior Players' at the start of the sim, however we find the prospects added into the secondary database are of higher quality then those the game generates, if you play the Pivot DB as well this is the default option. If you want
to use this DB just rename it to database.db in the Steam Workshop folder (should be located in: *\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\301120\567307051)

Reactions: archibalduk

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
how come there are players that virtually untradeable in the game? i tried attaching Pettersson with Eriksson and no takers lol.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
how come there are players that virtually untradeable in the game? i tried attaching Pettersson with Eriksson and no takers lol.

The AI refuses cap dumps even if you add infinite value for a 7th round pick. If the player has 0 stars, you can't trade him to that team.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I found a solid guide for practice routines on TBL that helped a lot with some of the issues I was having. You guys answering my questions helped a lot too. Thanks! I'm seeing some good progression and my team is 28-5-1 with good morale.

I'm going to spend way too much time with this..

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
It's a few things, it is EHM The Blueline (ehmtheblueline.com) which is an EHM community site. I took over the database project this community using to make and maintain (the TBL DB: Steam Workshop :: TBL Rosters 2019-20 (v12.2.2)). This is a "start of season" database, meaning all transactions are locked as of around October 5th 2019.

This database is now a fork of my Premier Pivot database: Steam Workshop :: [2019-20] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v4.9), which is a "rolling" release, meaning I keep transactions updated (mostly) throughout the year for most of the major leagues (both databases have a focus on NHL play). A fork means it inherates everything from my Pivot DB, which is considered my master database. Any league structure, club, financial or player/staff attribute changes are brought into TBL on a monthly basis, but contracts are reset back to the start of the season.

The Pivot DB has the prospect generator added into it by default, TBL does not but it is an option. If you are playing the TBL database and want to make use of added prospects follow the following directions here:

*** TWO DATABASES INCLUDED ***
- There are two .db files included, the secondary database file in the download folder includes IAmActuallyAnOtters generated prospects and staff added in to create 100+ years of deep NHL drafts and good staff from all IIHF countries. The default database does NOT have these extra prospects, so it is recommended you use 'Generate Extra Junior Players' at the start of the sim, however we find the prospects added into the secondary database are of higher quality then those the game generates, if you play the Pivot DB as well this is the default option. If you want
to use this DB just rename it to database.db in the Steam Workshop folder (should be located in: *\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\301120\567307051)

patiently waiting for your next update :) :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad