Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
This is brutal.

I started new game

4x champions in Czech in 4 seasons. 1 win in CHL.
Then to KHL. 2x champions in 2 seasons.

I resigned because of I want to NHL. Zero offers even a half teams hadnt GM. And I'm 2nd between al GMs in general manager stats and edited my reputation to 9000 over TBL Editor. Still no offer.

And I applied to job of course.

So I wanted to go Czech U20 on WJC. Still no offer and take anyone else with a lower reputation, CA and less trophies. Every time now.

What the f*** is it?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
This is brutal.

I started new game

4x champions in Czech in 4 seasons. 1 win in CHL.
Then to KHL. 2x champions in 2 seasons.

I resigned because of I want to NHL. Zero offers even a half teams hadnt GM. And I'm 2nd between al GMs in general manager stats and edited my reputation to 9000 over TBL Editor. Still no offer.

And I applied to job of course.

So I wanted to go Czech U20 on WJC. Still no offer and take anyone else with a lower reputation, CA and less trophies. Every time now.

What the f*ck is it?

You should stayed in Europe for few more seasons. I won 10 titles in 12 seasons with SC Bern (and two CHL's) and Minnesota Wild offered me contract.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
and we thank you for that :laugh:

(You and bk need to start a patreon)

I appreciate that, and you are not the first to ask for one but I don't do this for money or a living I do it purely for the love of hockey. I've been making/modifying rosters since NHL 95 added the create a player option and allowed you to move players around!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I am still going to try for tonight but this week has been busier then usual for me, so it may not be until Friday.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I can get it out shortly

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v4.10 - NHL Trade Deadline

It's posted to Steam, thanks for being patient and I really appreciate the support!

Change log below:

General Updates:

- Fixed WJC-20 year offsets for year one of the sim (31 Dec 2020 bug)
- Re-added WJC-20 staff contracts after testing -- thanks Matee!!

NHL Updates:

- Updated all transactions as of the NHL trade deadline
- Updated forward positions based on depth chart updates
- Updated lots of attributes and CA/PA across entire NHL organizations

AHL/ECHL Updates:
- Updated some club details and players/staff

Canadian Updates:

- Updated QMJHL career histories -- thanks getzlaf15!!
- Updated QMJHL league structure, schedule and conferences/divisions along with a UID value conflict in the database. This fixes the scheduling and draft issues for this league -- thanks Archi and cjfoley1!!
- Updated all players/staff in Midget leagues -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated all WHL transactions and draft picks
- CJHL Updates: -- thanks Javs!!
-- Updated competition names, divisions and reputations
-- Updated transfer rules
-- Updated ruling bodies
- Updated clubs and players/staff of several semi-pro leagues -- thanks Matee!!

British Updates:
- Updated DOBs for over 200 players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Czech Updates:

- Updated Chance Liga structure and arena information -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated Chance Liga history
- Updated Tipsport Extraliga playoff format and dates -- thanks Matee!!
- Added missing details for ~150 players -- thanks Matee!!

Danish Updates:

- Updated Danish players/staff -- thanks Hons85!!

Estonian Updates:
- Updated Coolbet Hockey League clubs, league history, arenas, and players/staff -- thanks Alles!

French Updates:
- Updated finances and prize money for Synergie Magnus League and Division 1 -- thanks Steven_EHM!!

Kazakhstan Updates:

- Updated all player/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Latvian Updates:
- Updated schedule, playoff format and transfer rules -- thanks Edgars and Matee!!

Lithuanian Updates:

- Updated clubs, competitions, league history, arenas, and players/staff -- thanks Alles!

Polish Updates:

- Updated PHL history and league structure -- thanks Matee!!

Russian Updates:

- Updated Russian UFAs -- thanks Matee
- Updated KHL schedule - had to move entire regular season back one whole week to ensure playoffs end before 30.4. This was causing KHL seasons to never end properly if the Gagarin Cup finals went over 5 games.

Swiss Updates:
- Updated various staff -- thanks Matee!!

United States Updates:

- Updated USHL player career histories -- thanks getzlaf15!!
- Fixed USNDTP transfer rules so now ONLY American players will be signed -- thanks Javs!!

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011

It's posted to Steam, thanks for being patient and I really appreciate the support!

Change log below:

General Updates:

NHL Updates:

AHL/ECHL Updates:

Canadian Updates:

- Updated QMJHL league structure, schedule and conferences/divisions along with a UID value conflict in the database. This fixes the scheduling and draft issues for this league -- thanks Archi and cjfoley1!!
-- Updated ruling bodies

British Updates:

Czech Updates:

Danish Updates:

Estonian Updates:
- Updated Coolbet Hockey League clubs, league history, arenas, and players/staff -- thanks Alles!

French Updates:
- Updated finances and prize money for Synergie Magnus League and Division 1 -- thanks Steven_EHM!!

Kazakhstan Updates:

Latvian Updates:
- Updated schedule, playoff format and transfer rules -- thanks Edgars and Matee!!

Lithuanian Updates:

- Updated clubs, competitions, league history, arenas, and players/staff -- thanks Alles!

Polish Updates:

Russian Updates:

- Updated KHL schedule - had to move entire regular season back one whole week to ensure playoffs end before 30.4. This was causing KHL seasons to never end properly if the Gagarin Cup finals went over 5 games.

Swiss Updates:

United States Updates:

- Fixed USNDTP transfer rules so now ONLY American players will be signed -- thanks Javs!!

It'sssssssss timeee to start a new season! ty!

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Change log below:

General Updates:

NHL Updates:

AHL/ECHL Updates:

Canadian Updates:

-- Updated ruling bodies

British Updates:

Czech Updates:

Danish Updates:

Estonian Updates:

French Updates:

Kazakhstan Updates:

Latvian Updates:

Lithuanian Updates:

Polish Updates:

Russian Updates:

Swiss Updates:

United States Updates:

Thanks for the database. Great work.
I'm sure you've caught this, or maybe it doesn't matter, but Cody Eakin is listed on the Golden Knights in the injury section of the extra config. I'm not sure if that will cause hiccups starting a game.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for the database. Great work.
I'm sure you've caught this, or maybe it doesn't matter, but Cody Eakin is listed on the Golden Knights in the injury section of the extra config. I'm not sure if that will cause hiccups starting a game.

Good catch will patch it in

Edit: Patched it in, definitely may have been causing some of these issues. Also fixed Kevin Bahl and added the William Carrier extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMatt25

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Thanks for the update!

On another note, this game crashes so much that it's insane.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Thanks for the update!

On another note, this game crashes so much that it's insane.

Are you playing in windowed-mode? When I play in fullscreen-mode it rarely crashes. Putting it on fullscreen, and then back to windowed also does wonders now and then.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Are you playing in windowed-mode? When I play in fullscreen-mode it rarely crashes. Putting it on fullscreen, and then back to windowed also does wonders now and then.

Problem with fullscreen mode is that occasionally, if Windows pops up a notification or something, it does nasty things and requires a force-quit of EHM (and occasionally a full reboot) to solve them.

I mean, really, the code base for EHM is relatively ancient. It could use a serious refresh. But when Riz has to do even basic feature updates when he gets a break from FM and real life, I doubt that's going to happen.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Would need to know when it's crashing to figure out why.

It crashes whenever I continue 100% of the time after I do anything in the scouting tab, about half the time when I continue when I make roster changes, and 100% of the time when I click on my other monitor while the game is loading. When I say 100%, I am not exaggerating.

I save every day in-game and it only takes a couple seconds to reboot, so it's not the end of the world. Also, this happened before your rosters were downloaded. I just never really mentioned it.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
It crashes whenever I continue 100% of the time after I do anything in the scouting tab, about half the time when I continue when I make roster changes, and 100% of the time when I click on my other monitor while the game is loading. When I say 100%, I am not exaggerating.

I save every day in-game and it only takes a couple seconds to reboot, so it's not the end of the world. Also, this happened before your rosters were downloaded. I just never really mentioned it.

Would like to see your save game but also I would need more information about the computer you are working on, if its that slow it could be a drive issue or some sort of data corruption. EHM is very finicky about a clean hard drive (as far as no issues, bad sectors etc).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Sometimes it acts like it's crashing, but if you wait it will be fine.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Could be issues with league selection or database size.. Think it's been mentioned by @archibalduk, @BKarchitect and @xECK29x that the database size and having so many leagues selected will through EHM into a fit and not be able to handle it. The base internals need tweaking but that will come within time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad