Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Anyone else having trouble with the latest Pivot DB?

Schedule seems to be malfunctioning since it's already 1st of May and the regular season still hasn't finished with no more games to be seen in the schedule. Bunch of my guys even decided to go to World Championships even though I kinda like my chances of reaching playoffs :laugh:

View attachment 311987

Someone else has this issue too, try unsubscribe/resubscribe to pull a fresh download. No changes have been made to the schedule template so I’m chalking up to a corrupted download.

If I get a third report I’ll re-upload the DB.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Which facepacks work best with xECK29x's roster? I ran into an issue with the one I had used last time I started a new game. I guess maybe one of the updates broke it.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Which facepacks work best with xECK29x's roster? I ran into an issue with the one I had used last time I started a new game. I guess maybe one of the updates broke it.

Most should, but if some faces don't show it's because I've fixed some wrong birthdays but that's just a handful. Also if you are manually putting pictures into the /data/ folders vs subscribing on Steam that can cause conflicts. Once I blew out all my old pictures all my new Steam ones worked again.

Reactions: MikeK

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
@xECK29x

Are there any leagues we need to de-select still on the pivot rosters? Selecting all and having all set to view only leads to a game crash every time.

See from earlier in the page:
Here is the reason this happens direct from Riz:

"I’ve tracked this crash today and it seems to be related to the sheer number of leagues loaded and as a result of that, the number of different transfer rules needed to be setup. Inside the DEADLINE_DATE class used for TRANSFER_WINDOW classes, there is a transfer rules index variable that is an int8 (basically a char). This is an index that is setup when the game is created or loaded up and the game sets up all the needed transfer rules for the active leagues. At some point this overflows (as the range is only -127 to 127) as there are more than 127 transfer rules set up. And this negative index is what causes the crash in the end at one point. Unfortunately there is very little that can be done to prevent this error in the current game, outside of instructing users not to load too many leagues at the same time. The crash won’t occur immediately, so you won’t know about this issue until at some way into the game when it eventually crashes. I have made some fixes here to change the variable into an int16 to allow it to work when more leagues are active."

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thank you! I'm on mobile and felt it would be easier to ask then to read through 21 pages hoping to find something that may not be there.

Yea even doing view only will cause an issue as it’s still loading the tables that have the issue. This will be fixed in 1.5.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I was thinking about buying this but I had never bought one before so I just wanted to ask a few questions;

I have seen you need to "subscribe" to get updates from other people, are these paid or free?

I have never bought anything off steam before, do I just purchase it and download it like I would if I bought a game off xbox live?

I have a laptop that's starting to get old a little bit old, is it a big game that will drastically slow down my computer and should I look at getting a new one?

How hard is this game to get into as a new person?

Can you do online leagues with friends?

Thanks in advance for the help.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
I was thinking about buying this but I had never bought one before so I just wanted to ask a few questions;

I have seen you need to "subscribe" to get updates from other people, are these paid or free?

I have never bought anything off steam before, do I just purchase it and download it like I would if I bought a game off xbox live?

You pay for the game but all of the addons (such as rosters, graphics, etc) are all free. Yes, buying from Steam is a bit like XBox Live in the sense that you click the Purchase button, pay and then it will automatically download and install for you.

I have a laptop that's starting to get old a little bit old, is it a big game that will drastically slow down my computer and should I look at getting a new one?

It depends on what your system specs are. Any reasonably modern laptop should run the game no problem. The game isn't all that optimised by modern standards and so it does start to slow down if you run a lot of leagues. But so long as you run a relatively small number of leagues then it will run fine on any modern laptop.

How hard is this game to get into as a new person?

If you know the basics of hockey then you should find the game fairly intuitive. These are for older versions of the game, but these should help you get into the game: EHM 2005 Guide - The Blue Line Wiki & EHM 2007 Guide - The Blue Line Wiki

Can you do online leagues with friends?

Yes you can.

Lol. Not trying to rag on you, but you will be waiting a looong time for an update.

I remember waiting for EHM10 to come out when there were rumors about that, but I'm happy with the game and it's progress. At least there is an update!

This ^

Every update from Riz seems to be interpreted as meaning that an update is imminent but I don't think that's correct. It is simply that things are progressing.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
My "complaint" is that Riz is trying to fix too many things in a single patch. I would personally prefer smaller 6 months patches than a gigantic 1.5 patch.

Im opposite. With every Update you have to start a new game when you want it fully functionally. Im waiting for this path for years now (after my very long game crashed). And i want many many updates. Then i will start a new game.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
You pay for the game but all of the addons (such as rosters, graphics, etc) are all free. Yes, buying from Steam is a bit like XBox Live in the sense that you click the Purchase button, pay and then it will automatically download and install for you.

It depends on what your system specs are. Any reasonably modern laptop should run the game no problem. The game isn't all that optimised by modern standards and so it does start to slow down if you run a lot of leagues. But so long as you run a relatively small number of leagues then it will run fine on any modern laptop.

If you know the basics of hockey then you should find the game fairly intuitive. These are for older versions of the game, but these should help you get into the game: EHM 2005 Guide - The Blue Line Wiki & EHM 2007 Guide - The Blue Line Wiki

Yes you can.

This ^

Every update from Riz seems to be interpreted as meaning that an update is imminent but I don't think that's correct. It is simply that things are progressing.

Prefect. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: archibalduk

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
My "complaint" is that Riz is trying to fix too many things in a single patch. I would personally prefer smaller 6 months patches than a gigantic 1.5 patch.

i agree with this! And he can focus on one thing at a time

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I would love if someone would start an online league for the HF aboard community! But I’ve loved connecting with everyone through the EHM superstar

Reactions: Ambisextrous

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Finally, right? :D

cu50.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad