Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
you think? I think 07 did a way better job regenerating prospects. And drafting was much more important.

I think the AI in EHM is smarter. It was too easy to win in EHM 07

I think the EHM is overall better in the traditional aspects. 07 was better at regenerating prospects for sure, but it was really way too easy to predict who the big players were going regen as. New regens fit the molds of who they were replacing way too well. It was always easy for me to be like, Oh yeah that is a jagr regen, ovi, ect ect most of the time. Which then just ended up with a predictable loop

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Is EHM1 not an improvement on 07? I have never played 07 so interested to hear what is different, or is it just nostalgia at play?

long post alert lol. EHM07 is fun if you want to dabble with it. I think I had Crosby, Ovy and Kovy all on a line due to the 50,000 glitch :D

And of course! EHM 1 is a vastly improved product/game over EHM07. With 07, there were less leagues to play, Databases weren’t customizable (no preset min/full/max). The game to me felt like it simmed/sims faster than EHM1 but I think it’s due to me having a maxed out database with extra players and national pool players.

you think? I think 07 did a way better job regenerating prospects. And drafting was much more important.

I think the AI in EHM is smarter. It was too easy to win in EHM 07

This is an argument that I can go back and forth on.. I’ve seen some posters either on here or on TBL complain that prospect generation was great, but some prospects were ‘too ready’ and development was off. You’d have Sergei Zubov be 40 years old with no decline in his excellent physical stats lol.. Prospect Regens were easy to point out at times.. (Sergei Fedorov was always a C/RW/RD :laugh:)

I responded to another EHM07 thread here. I went through a very bad breakup at the time around 2012, and deeply immersed myself into the game until the modern iteration of EHM came out. The amount of hours, spreadsheets I created, records I had with Anaheim was priceless.. years later I stumbled upon an old save from 2013 and compared it to the same save years later.. turned out I had Sergei Fedorovs regen 3 different times and never noticed! :eek::laugh:.

EHM07 will hold a special place in my heart. I’m forever greatly that the TBL team and Riz actually went forward and produced the modern version of EHM. Even the littlest of updates mean a lot. I’m sure if Riz didn’t have Football Manager duties he would put more time into the game, but that’s not here nor there..

Reactions: xECK29x

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
Having a weird problem with powerplay positioning. After a few shifts it switches on its own from diamond to funnel, completely scuppering my PP. Anyone got any idea what might be going on? I'm set to coach the games myself, and to use the current tactics and lineups.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
File this under "why has no-one reported this to me before"

The QMJHL is completely broken in both TBL and Pivot, should have it fixed this weekend.

Edit: League structure/schedule fixed and validated in testing but there is a larger issue with the draft. I believe this is a game bug as the draft logic is not tied to the database at all:

upload_2020-2-1_10-7-43.png

Edit: May have this traced down.

Confirmed fixed. Will update the DBs after the NHL trade deadline

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMatt25

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
I have a very minor complaint but it's been bothering me for a long time.

The Stars player 'Guryanov' is spelt wrong. It should be Gurianov.

it's not a big deal or anything. i'm just ocd like that lol.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I have a very minor complaint but it's been bothering me for a long time.

The Stars player 'Guryanov' is spelt wrong. It should be Gurianov.

it's not a big deal or anything. i'm just ocd like that lol.

Guess it depends, one is Russian nationalized and the other is North American nationalized :).

Reactions: vcanuck

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Probably, but it’s in the best state it’s been in since I started the project. Should be playable for most folks. I fix what a can but a lot of issues that remain are game limitations or bugs.

perfect, always appreciate it as I use it for the superstars and it hasn't failed me yet!

Reactions: xECK29x

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
If you are getting ready for that I can send you a test database so you don’t have to wait for the next release in a few weeks

that would be awesome! because v10 is going to wrap up in the next couple of days. I'd appreciate that alot

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
It's on Steam like it always has been, so you should be able to reinstall. Unless you are talking about EHM 2005/2007 in which case it is not sold anymore.

I have a laptop that I keep strictly for 2007; I have the new one on my newer laptop, but I still prefer 2007 just because of comfort with the interface.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I have a laptop that I keep strictly for 2007; I have the new one on my newer laptop, but I still prefer 2007 just because of comfort with the interface.

Hmm. FWIW I ported the game over from my old workstation to my new HP laptop and it still works without a problem. Even an old save from 2012 works fine without a hitch. The EHM07 thread is still around, but barely posted

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Hmm. FWIW I ported the game over from my old workstation to my new HP laptop and it still works without a problem. Even an old save from 2012 works fine without a hitch. The EHM07 thread is still around, but barely posted

Could never get it to go; installed it, but I'd double click on it and nothing would happen. Super frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->