Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@Duff88

The DB is located in *\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\301120\1428241604, make sure you are copying all the files over into a sub-folder of *\Steam\SteamApps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database\

It should include a .db file and a .txt file.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
@Duff88

The DB is located in *\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\301120\1428241604, make sure you are copying all the files over into a sub-folder of *\Steam\SteamApps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\database\

It should include a .db file and a .txt file.

Thanks for the answer, this is actually what I was doing so I guess I was on the right track. However I only have the .db file in that folder, no sign of a .txt file. Might be why this isn't working, any idea how I can get the .txt file?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for the answer, this is actually what I was doing so I guess I was on the right track. However I only have the .db file in that folder, no sign of a .txt file. Might be why this isn't working, any idea how I can get the .txt file?

It sounds like your download is incomplete, try unsubscribing from the database and resubscribing and it should trigger a new download.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
It sounds like your download is incomplete, try unsubscribing from the database and resubscribing and it should trigger a new download.

Thanks for the feedback. Finally got it to work, there was an issue with the Steam download stopping midway through which led to incomplete data. I deleted one of the temp files and started the download again, and now the database works!

Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v4.4 Update

Steam:
Steam Workshop :: [2019-20] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v4.4)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v4.4.zip - Simplify your life

NHL Updates:
- Latest player/staff transfers and injuries
- Adjusted CA/PA for many NHL signed prospects, this is intended to introduce a little more randomness in PA generation and should make the sim slightly more difficult for NHL clubs -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!

AHL/ECHL Updates:

- Latest player signings

Austrian Updates:

- Added/updated players/staff for EBEL -- thanks ppaalloo!!

Canadian Updates:

- Updated players in OHL -- thanks Manimal!!
- Updated all OHL draft picks -- thanks Manimal!!
- Updated Provincial Junior C Hockey League clubs and divisions
- Updated all players in the QMJHL -- thanks Antho42!!

Czech Updates:
- Updated Tipsport affiliations -- thanks ppaalloo!!
- Updated all players/staff in Czech Tipsport and Chance Liga -- thanks ppaalloo!!

Germany Updates:

- Added/updated players/staff and club affiliations for DEL -- thanks ppaalloo!!
- Added/updated players/staff for DEL2 -- thanks ppaalloo!!

Polish Updates:

- Updated Polish clubs -- thanks Matee!!
- Removed foreign player limit from Polska Hokej Liga

Swiss Updates:

- Added/updated players/staff for NLA -- thanks ppaalloo!!
- Updated National League (NLB) and MySports clubs, affiliations and schedule
- Fixed league structures (relegation now working properly across all leagues) -- thanks Matee!!

Swedish Updates:
- Updated all players/staff for HockeyEttan -- thanks Matee!!
- Fixed HockeyEttan league structure, imported the previous 48 club structure from TBL and made some minor changes to work with current clubs, this has been tested and fixes the 24.2 crash issue with Allsvenskan. Further work will be done to update this league to be accurate for the real life 46 clubs and divisions.
- Updated all players/staff in HockeyTrean and some updates for J20 SuperElit -- thanks Matee!!

United Kingdom Updates -- thanks ArchibaldUK:
- Removed SNL from human-playability to troubleshoot crash issues discovered during testing
- Added schedule templates to all UK playable leagues (other than NIHL) which fixes all of the previous scheduling issues
- Added the NIHL South 2 Cup as a playable tournament
- Renamed Bracknell IHC 3 to Bracknell Wasps
- Updated club reputations to better align player and staff generation with the rest of the world
- Added competition histories for the past two seasons

United States Updates:
- Updated commitments for the St. Cloud State Huskies -- thanks Antho42!!
- Updated all players/staff in NAHL -- thanks Matee!!

Krispy

Sep 12, 2017
Riga, Latvia
I'm sorta new to the game, but isn't it predictable a lot, like my team often tends to get 2 goal lead real quick and then lose majority of the times.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Why cant SI Games support this game even further? FHM is now on Level 6 (good job and lets continue). But i cant imagine, FHM generate such profit, that they can support the game itself.

Si Games had Football Manager, that feeds all company. EHM could be a nice second game, they could working on.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Why cant SI Games support this game even further? FHM is now on Level 6 (good job and lets continue). But i cant imagine, FHM generate such profit, that they can support the game itself.

Si Games had Football Manager, that feeds all company. EHM could be a nice second game, they could working on.

FHM also...sucks, I just can't get into it at all. But yes I would gladly pay $60 a year for EHM even with a basic patch for bug fixes.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
FHM also...sucks, I just can't get into it at all. But yes I would gladly pay $60 a year for EHM even with a basic patch for bug fixes.

I've also had a problem getting into FHM - and I've been a fan and paying customer of OOTP Baseball for over a decade. I don't know quite why.

I have dreams of an EHM that is at the level of current Football Manager but I don't think it'll ever happen.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I give FHM credit for having a decent marketing team. After early paying for v1 that was a mess completely, and being dissapointed it 2 when I voiced my complaints they ended up gifting me #3 just as #4 was being released to show their improvements. It was better. But I could just never get into it. It was just not for me.

I really want to start a new EHM, but I really like the expansion type stuff. @BKarchitect posted in last thread he is working on a new 36 team NHL roster set set to be released around now so I'm gonna wait for that. Can't wait.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
FHM6 does look really slick...I wish there were some more skin mods for EHM that could at least freshen up the interface and screens a bit. There are one or two older ones out there at TBL but the way the graphics are sliced up making custom skins torturous unless there is some kind of template. Something brighter and cleaner would be nice. EHM looks so drab even with updated logos.

@Holden Caulfield still working on the update. I really need to wait till opening night rosters have completely shaken out so I can create a reasonable expansion draft sheet and also working on a bunch of other things. I go on vacation on the 12th this month so I’ll release something before then.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

Agreed. I just can't get into FHM at all. EHM just feels right for me. Maybe it's because I've been playing it since like 2006 but it's just a far better experience and feels much deeper to me. Plus with updates like yours it feels like a new game every year. I'm waiting for your update with the optimized prospect generator so I can start a new career for the season. That prospect generator breathed a whole new life into the game for me. Scouting and drafting actually matters with it whereas without it I feel like the draft is almost a waste. You and the others involved have kept this game alive and well. :thumbu:

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I've also had a problem getting into FHM - and I've been a fan and paying customer of OOTP Baseball for over a decade. I don't know quite why.

I have dreams of an EHM that is at the level of current Football Manager but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I've voiced my opinions on this topic for a long while (and I won't get tired of it either). I have always wished for some (if not all) features from FM to be ported over to EHM. Some simple things like a 'Face Generator' all the way to Board and Player Interactions. Imagine ruling your team over 30 years and having a stadium named after you! One could dream.

When EHM was FIRST announced being back on the scene in the Early Access period, I could've sworn that Miles said in an interview would be a 'team collaboration' again AFAIK(?). [Football Manger developer SI have big ambitions for Eastside Hockey Manager - bringing the band back together] Miles talked about gaining licenses for certain leagues, while seeing if they could get out of Early Access and going into the full release of what we have today. The game did do that, but now what? He seemed to lay out a plan as to what would happen for the future, but now its unknown.

I feel bad for Riz developing the game on his own with limited help on the base game itself. I couldn't thank the community like Archibalduk, Nino (for data testing!), BK, Eck, and many more. EHMs replay value continues to go on because of the great dedication that people have. It just sucks seeing some people comment on various social networks about how FM18 and FM19 were bland and wishing they had something different to play. This could be the game but who knows..

Reactions: xECK29x

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
FHM6 does look really slick...I wish there were some more skin mods for EHM that could at least freshen up the interface and screens a bit. There are one or two older ones out there at TBL but the way the graphics are sliced up making custom skins torturous unless there is some kind of template. Something brighter and cleaner would be nice. EHM looks so drab even with updated logos.

@Holden Caulfield still working on the update. I really need to wait till opening night rosters have completely shaken out so I can create a reasonable expansion draft sheet and also working on a bunch of other things. I go on vacation on the 12th this month so I’ll release something before then.

any idea when your new update with the prospect generator is coming out?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Agreed. I just can't get into FHM at all. EHM just feels right for me. Maybe it's because I've been playing it since like 2006 but it's just a far better experience and feels much deeper to me. Plus with updates like yours it feels like a new game every year. I'm waiting for your update with the optimized prospect generator so I can start a new career for the season. That prospect generator breathed a whole new life into the game for me. Scouting and drafting actually matters with it whereas without it I feel like the draft is almost a waste. You and the others involved have kept this game alive and well. :thumbu:
Question with the prospect generator...does it help with goalies down the line? One of the biggest downfalls of me getting more than 10 years out is that the game currently generates virtually no good goalies (even if their attributes are good they suck in reality). I also notice after about 5-6 years (pre-generated players) even the #1 overall is rarely NHL ready for at least 2-3 years. One of the reasons I'm really not sure about starting a new game until 1.5 eventually comes out because player development seems slow/poor as you go on in years (again I've never made it past about 10-12 years). It's weird to see guys with meh attributes and a PA of like 130 racking up points and 7+ ratings in the NHL while a 170 PA player with decent attributes never develops, or doesn't play as well as his attributes would suggest and becomes an NHL tweener at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->