Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
I’ve noticed that! I somewhat understand how regens/newgens work. I thought it could be a Pekka Rinne regen, but I don’t think he’s that tall.

I think what Nino mentioned before, a newgen could be the same as a regen, but certain attributes (like nationality) could change?

Ben Bishop?

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
Very cool! :thumbu:

In the readme it notes PA ranges for different tiers (below) - how are you getting these ranges?
What made me curious is seeing cut offs of 150 and 170 (there is no variable PA that cuts off at those numbers, -8 is 130-160 and -9 is 150-180)

Tier 1: Generationals (190-200PA)
Tier 2: Franchise, Elite and Top 1st Liners (170-190PA)
Tier 3: 1A Goalies, #2/#3 D, Top 3-6 Forwards (150-170PA)
Tier 4: 1B Goalies, #4/#5 D, Top 6-9 Forwards (130-150PA)
Tier 5: Backup Goalies, #6/#7 D, 4th Line Forwards (110-130PA)

P.S. Another question...the amounts listed in the Reduced/Regular/Increased columns, are these just the "extra" players that the prospect generator generates? Or are they extra players + what the game generates too? I'm thinking it's the former, but just want to make sure

Hey thanks Nino.

The numbers for 170-190 are one quarter of the -15’s and two thirds of the -10’s, the numbers for 150-170 are one quarter of the -15’s plus one eighth of the -14’s etc.

All prospects are either -12, -13, -14 or -15 with a few small specific exceptions.

Regarding the amounts, it’s the latter, but the game reduces what it generates because of the “extra” players.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Hey thanks Nino.

The numbers for 170-190 are one quarter of the -15’s and two thirds of the -10’s, the numbers for 150-170 are one quarter of the -15’s plus one eighth of the -14’s etc.

All prospects are either -12, -13, -14 or -15 with a few small specific exceptions.

Regarding the amounts, it’s the latter, but the game reduces what it generates because of the “extra” players.
Thanks for the reply! :thumbu:

P.S. I'm doing some testing now (using ECK's current database), hopefully I'll get it finished enough to post (it takes many days/weeks to do the testing/compile results). I've done previous testing on regens/PA level (I also looked at CA level, and looked at the data by age group and by nationality too, and more!) EHM1 Regen Testing (2016) - EHM The Blue Line

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for the reply! :thumbu:

P.S. I'm doing some testing now (using ECK's current database), hopefully I'll get it finished enough to post (it takes many days/weeks to do the testing/compile results). I've done previous testing on regens/PA level (I also looked at CA level, and looked at the data by age group and by nationality too, and more!) EHM1 Regen Testing (2016) - EHM The Blue Line

Reach out if you have any issues/suggestions for change!

Reactions: Nino33

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I wanted to try a new career using the prospect+non-player generator but it crashes before I even get to the team selection. I prefer the xECK29x roster though I tried the TBL roster as well but both crash. I followed the readme file extraction instructions and am sure it's in the right folder location as they are showing up in the selection drop down menu. When I selct the basic rosters without the generator it load as usual. It is just the +generator options that crash.

Anyone else have a similar issue or know of what might be causing the crashing?

Edit: Thought maybe it was an update issue so I went to steam and read that xECK29x now has the generator built into the database already so any new career is what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: xECK29x

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I knew this would happen someday and it finally did. I finished a 16-pick, 75 minute bantam draft and when I hit "exit draft" the game crashed

That was earlier today and I still don't know if I can do it all over again or if I'm going to quit. Sucks because was having a lot of fun with this save

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I wanted to try a new career using the prospect+non-player generator but it crashes before I even get to the team selection. I prefer the xECK29x roster though I tried the TBL roster as well but both crash. I followed the readme file extraction instructions and am sure it's in the right folder location as they are showing up in the selection drop down menu. When I selct the basic rosters without the generator it load as usual. It is just the +generator options that crash.

Anyone else have a similar issue or know of what might be causing the crashing?

Edit: Thought maybe it was an update issue so I went to steam and read that xECK29x now has the generator built into the database already so any new career is what I was looking for.

I've had similar issues. Almost impossible to run fantasy drafts, and randomizing details for example instantly crashes.

Then again, the game is initializing over 50 000 players so it makes sense.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Anyone able to advise?

435adf33c37186ec636049a735e55e45.png

I managed to load the game up using the 1st save copy as I have it set to like 3 different saves for the same game. I played it earlier today and it worked fine, then for some reason took an age to save and upon going back on and clicking the load last game, the error came up followed by another error which was fatal and crashed the game.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I knew this would happen someday and it finally did. I finished a 16-pick, 75 minute bantam draft and when I hit "exit draft" the game crashed

That was earlier today and I still don't know if I can do it all over again or if I'm going to quit. Sucks because was having a lot of fun with this save

You don’t use the option that rotates save games so you can go back whatever interval it is saving on? I find with issues like this if you go back you might be able to sim through the issue.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Anyone able to advise?

I managed to load the game up using the 1st save copy as I have it set to like 3 different saves for the same game. I played it earlier today and it worked fine, then for some reason took an age to save and upon going back on and clicking the load last game, the error came up followed by another error which was fatal and crashed the game.

Run a chkdsk /f and reboot.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I've had similar issues. Almost impossible to run fantasy drafts, and randomizing details for example instantly crashes.

Then again, the game is initializing over 50 000 players so it makes sense.

How many leagues are you selecting? I use fantasy drafts the times I play.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Anyone able to advise?

Do you have enough free space on your hard drive? Not only for game it self, but also for Temp data...

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
Great work! Seems like there's an issue when selecting leagues other than the NHL for the xECK29x databases, as it crashes before making it to the team selection screen. I've only tested with AHL, and CHL leagues, and this is using the normal version.

Thanks man, I've updated the xECKx29 database and updated the version on Google drive.

Link again in case it gets lost:

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
Hey all, now that the prospect generator v1.0 is released, I'm working on another small project - the "Team Creator".

If you guys know BKArchitect's NHL32 databases then this would allow you to create a team of generated players and staff for Seattle based on a few inputs for each player (so you don't need to run an expansion draft and you can create your own custom made team =]). There's also online league potential with this one. I want to do some beta testing so if you have 10 minutes, I'd appreciate it if you took this Excel sheet, filled in the blue cells and send it to [email protected]. Any feedback appreciated too.

File:

Blue cells = fill these in
Grey cells = Don't touch
Red Cells = Pay attention to these

I gave an example as well, my team is largely a bunch of big, fast players who'll play with a heavy forecheck. A bit like a current Winnipeg/Colorado/Vegas hybrid.

Challenge: If I get 28 responses, I'll run an offline sim season using the WHA mod in the NHL32X database and see who creates the best team. =]
Looks like this FYI: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345831716214276096/570675626868998164/unknown.png

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
There is still a possibility, that someone, who doesn't even know about Hfboards, has also such a long running game. But i will bet my money to you.
Now im somehow sad, that my long game is corrupted and unplayable anymore...

I am sure it was somebody here, on old version, played for like 200-ish seasons...

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hey all, now that the prospect generator v1.0 is released, I'm working on another small project - the "Team Creator".

If you guys know BKArchitect's NHL32 databases then this would allow you to create a team of generated players and staff for Seattle based on a few inputs for each player (so you don't need to run an expansion draft and you can create your own custom made team =]). There's also online league potential with this one. I want to do some beta testing so if you have 10 minutes, I'd appreciate it if you took this Excel sheet, filled in the blue cells and send it to [email protected]. Any feedback appreciated too.

File:

Blue cells = fill these in
Grey cells = Don't touch
Red Cells = Pay attention to these

I gave an example as well, my team is largely a bunch of big, fast players who'll play with a heavy forecheck. A bit like a current Winnipeg/Colorado/Vegas hybrid.

Challenge: If I get 28 responses, I'll run an offline sim season using the WHA mod in the NHL32X database and see who creates the best team. =]
Looks like this FYI: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345831716214276096/570675626868998164/unknown.png

Ooooo...cooooool...:)

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
My save game is working fine again, no clue what caused the fatal error but everything seems fine and my laptop is working fine too!

Quick question though..

I have it set so the coach takes charge of pretty much everything besides signing players and tactics etc, I just finished a season where I didn't go on vacation at all but all games were simmed in the sense that I didn't manually watch them play out. Non of my players had very good seasons, the team did well and got to the playoffs though. Yet this season I'm just coming to the end of, I decided to vacation pretty much all of it, going on vacation for a month at a time and then checking the roster to sort out any issues. Come the end of the season, my goalie has had one of the best seasons in a long time, and I had the top goalscorer and pointscorer in the NHL along with pretty much every other player having great seasons.

Why is there such a huge difference?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
OHL on enhanced (or swap with NHL), Mem Cup, QMJHL, WHL, NHL, AHL on view only.

It's 100% working for me in my working copy with those exact settings. I'll send you a PM with a test DB to try.

WITHOUT the prospect generator added

2019-04-26 10_01_19-Eastside Hockey Manager - 1.4.1.png
2019-04-26 10_01_44 .png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad