Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Just started a new save in the British EIHL, is there anyway to stop teams signing players who haven't played in 4+ years? And is there any way the stats of certain players can be improved?

Milton Keynes just signed 39 year old Brad Cruikshank who retired in 2011. Then the British players such as Brett Perlini, Robert Farmer, Ollie Betteridge all have garbage stats.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Just started a new save in the British EIHL, is there anyway to stop teams signing players who haven't played in 4+ years? And is there any way the stats of certain players can be improved?

Milton Keynes just signed 39 year old Brad Cruikshank who retired in 2011. Then the British players such as Brett Perlini, Robert Farmer, Ollie Betteridge all have garbage stats.

You can use the EHM editor to remove retired players and customize the stats of any player.

Eastside Hockey Manager Editor (v0.3.3) [BETA] - EHM The Blue Line

Reactions: GBHockey

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is there a version of EHM Assistant (not the EHM Editor) in which you can edit league histories?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Define a league history? If you are talking about past winners and stuff, yes. The EHM editor can add competition history data.

League history inside a saved game, for people like me who obsess over accuracy too much. For example the cup winner of 2018-19, I'm wondering if it's possible to change it in my save once we know who wins. Silly, yes.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
League history inside a saved game, for people like me who obsess over accuracy too much. For example the cup winner of 2018-19, I'm wondering if it's possible to change it in my save once we know who wins. Silly, yes.

No not within a save game, that will likely cause a crash. I would flat out say modifying save games in anyway is a bad idea, the game is borderline unstable enough as is with these larger DBs :).

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
No not within a save game, that will likely cause a crash. I would flat out say modifying save games in anyway is a bad idea, the game is borderline unstable enough as is with these larger DBs :).

The only slight modification that I think that can be allowed without causing a major crash is just using the EHM Assistant to alter certain league rules (like Salary Cap, etc.)

Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Sorry for the delay! Here is it, v3.21!

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.21)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.21.zip - Simplify your life

- Logo Updates:
- No longer maintaining my logo pack, I have been collaborating closely with Dani9 on a newly supported logo pack. Please download his logo pack going forward: Steam Workshop :: Logo pack - Premier Pivot Rosters v3.20

*** FUNDEMENTAL CHANGES ***

- There are now two .db files included in both the Steam Workshop download and the off-line .zip download. The default (database.db) which is loaded into the game has an export of IAmActuallyAnOtters generated prospects added to it to create 100+ years of deep NHL drafts from all IIHF countries. There is a second .db file included which does NOT have these prospects added, this is the DB you should use if you plan on doing a fantasy draft as the added prospects cause issues with that game setting due to the negative birth date values! If you want to use this DB just rename it to database.db in the Steam Workshop folder (should be located in: *\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\301120\1428241604)

*** Additional Instructions if you start with a Fantasy Draft ***

- Also look in the extra_config.conf file (open it in Notepad or a similar text editor), there is a section I have marked that you need to remove prior to starting the fantasy draft, this is for transfers that will be occurring on 1.7.2019 for 2019-20, if you do not remove these transfers they will be transferred to their real-life clubs regardless if you drafted them or not!

General Updates:
- Updated IIHF scores, World Championship groups should now be more realistic -- thanks Matee!!
- You will notice a lot of team/division names have been updated. This is being done in collaboration with Dani9 for future logo pack work

NHL/AHL/ECHL Updates:
- Latest notable signings and contract extensions
- Updated colors of NHL/AHL/ECHL All-Star comps to match new logos
- Updated heights/weights of some Toronto Maple Leaf players -- thanks Tiago!!

WJC-U18 Updates:

- Updated all players/staff for:
-- Belarus
-- Canada
-- Czech Republic
-- Finland
-- Latvia
-- Russia
-- Slovakia
-- Sweden
-- Switzerland
-- United States

Austrian Updates:

- Updated several club, competition and division names -- thanks Dani9!!

British Updates:
- Added transfer rules for British Universities IHA, added city and short name to clubs and change type from junior to amateur

Canadian Updates:
- Added/Updated several clubs in LHPS U18, NBPEIMMHL & NLMMHL -- thanks Antho42!!
- Added/updated clubs in the Quebec Juvenile Hockey League (QJHL), Nova Scotia Junior Hockey League (NSJHL) and added the New Brunswick Junior Hockey League (NBJHL) -- thanks Antho42!!
- Updated draft history, player rights and player attributes for the OHL -- thanks Antho42!!
- Updated players/staff across various Bantam level clubs (mostly retirements) -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated all players/staff in the WHL (over 1,110 updates) -- thanks Matee!!
- Will work on club/prospect/draft pick updates in next release

-- QMJHL Updates:
- Added/updated the top 150 QMJHL draft prospects for 2019 -- thanks Antho42!!
- Updated all clubs in QMJHL, over 76 players added -- thanks Antho42!!
- Updated attendance, club & player records, retired numbers and staff for QMJHL clubs
-- I ensured some staff added will eventually be high-quality NHL staff a few years into the sim, will do this for the rest of the Canadian Major Junior leagues to help generate more long term staff options for AHL/NHL clubs
- Updated QMJHL competition history and award names (award winners to be updated)
- Updated QMJHL draft picks

Czech Republic Updates:

- Updated Czech Krajske Hokejove Prebory clubs and divisions -- thanks Dani9!!

Danish Updates:

- Updated 1 & 2.Division clubs and divisions and U17/20 clubs/divisions -- thanks Dani9!!
- Had to remove the Danish Metal Ligaen from human-playability due to league structure issues, will fix and put back in a future release.

Finnish Updates:
- Updated all players/staff in Suomi-Sarja -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated competition and division names -- thanks Dani9!!
- Updated all clubs in Finnish II-divisioona

French Updates:

- Updated competition and division names -- thanks Dani9!!
- Added U17 and U20 clubs, affiliations and divisions, retired U18 clubs

Kazakhstan Updates:

- Updated Astana to Nur-Sultan as per recent city name change, updated all appropriate club names

Russian Updates:
- Updated colors of All-Star comp to match new logo
- Updated all Russian free agent players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Serbian Updates:

- Updated abbreviation for Serbia from SGC to SBA as per Wikipedia it changed in 2006

Slovakian Updates:

- Updated all Slovakian free agent players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Swedish Updates:

- Updated TV and prize money amounts for SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan -- thanks v1CTANK!!
- Updated all Swedish free agents/jobless staff -- thanks Matee!!

Ukrainian Updates:

- Added U16 division and clubs, added affiliations

United Kingdom Updates:

- Updated players/staff in NIHL (North 1 & 2 and South 1 & 2) and the SNL -- thanks Archi!!

United States Updates:

- Added/updated all players/staff in the Western States Hockey League -- thanks Antho42!!
- Updated arenas for the WSHL -- thanks Antho42!!
-- The WSHL will become a playable league in a future update
- Updated clubs and staff for T1EHL (U18, U16, U15 and Bantam)
- Updated players assigned to USNTDP Juniors
- Updated NAHL schedule
- Updated all American UFA players/staff - over 1,300 updates (mostly retirements) -- thanks Matee!!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Anybody else have an issue with NHL teams being able to send North American kids who are less than 20 years old to the AHL/ECHL? I've noticed in my DB that the CPU will sign junior prospects in the off-season and instead of sending them back to juniors on loan, they put them in the AHL.

Now the AHL has a rule in the DB that the minimum contract age for North American players is 20 - but these prospects aren't contracted with the AHL, they are on NHL entry-level deals which I believe allows them to skirt this rule.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anybody else have an issue with NHL teams being able to send North American kids who are less than 20 years old to the AHL/ECHL? I've noticed in my DB that the CPU will sign junior prospects in the off-season and instead of sending them back to juniors on loan, they put them in the AHL.

Now the AHL has a rule in the DB that the minimum contract age for North American players is 20 - but these prospects aren't contracted with the AHL, they are on NHL entry-level deals which I believe allows them to skirt this rule.

It's a glitch in the game.
Just like being able to bury contracts in the minors without it counting toward your cap (unless you are in free agency, in where the game counts your 22-23 highest contracts to your salary cap).

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It's a glitch in the game.
Just like being able to bury contracts in the minors without it counting toward your cap (unless you are in free agency, in where the game counts your 22-23 highest contracts to your salary cap).

Figured. When I'm really into a sim, I'll jump in as a human GM right before the season and assign junior-aged guys (who didn't make the NHL team) back to their CHL clubs.

I've also gotten into the habit of doing future transfers in the config file for prospects (NCAA/CHL) at a reasonable estimated ETA for signing NHL deals...this prevents the CPU from signing them right off the bat, putting them in their AHL/ECHL system and depriving the NCAA/CHL clubs of prospects who are clearly going to be playing for them in the near future. Still testing though - I'm not sure how it affects these "future contract" players as trade pieces. If you are a human GM, you can still trade them or trade for them (you just have to re-negotiate their ELC for the future) but not sure how it affects how the CPU GM's view them in terms of trade pieces. I've always done this in fact for most high-profile NCAA prospects but I may add junior players who the CPU repeatedly signs and mis-manages.

My annoyance is not really that is adds these players at the AHL level, it is that it affects the realism of the sim at the CHL/NCAA levels and also can really, really hurt prospect development because the CPU loves to sign 19 year-olds and bury them in the minors.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Haha I've been careful editing saves, not gonna take any more chances. Is it possible to edit start date of a database in the editor?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Haha I've been careful editing saves, not gonna take any more chances. Is it possible to edit start date of a database in the editor?

Yes it is but keep in mind that will effect all your scheduling and league structures, all three of us DB makers have to do a TON of work when the change over happens, so we usually get together to create and swap schedules and stuff.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yes it is but keep in mind that will effect all your scheduling and league structures, all three of us DB makers have to do a TON of work when the change over happens, so we usually get together to create and swap schedules and stuff.

I don't doubt the amount of work you guys do, it's amazing.
In what way is the league schedule/structure effected? Are you programming in a schedule-making code when you make your dbs?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Damn, Vigneault had a contract set for Team Canada and it got all wonky again, pushing a patch to fix this now, will update the .zip file as well.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I don't doubt the amount of work you guys do, it's amazing.
In what way is the league schedule/structure effected? Are you programming in a schedule-making code when you make your dbs?

Depends, some leagues have actual schedules set as templates to mimic the real world schedule, others just have hard coded dates and times.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Does anybody know how certain u-20 rookies on ELCs mysteriously become waiver eligible and how to fix this?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Still getting some intermittent reports of crashing after the NHL All-Star game, I'm looking into it, but try going back as far as possible and simming through it. If this does happen please let me know which DB you were using (default or no prospects) and what leagues were selected.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Which DBs and which rookies? Are they still junior eligible?

It as an earlier version of yours. 3.16. Alex Formenton for example. The AI must have done something to him, like reassigned him from London or something, because now he has to go through waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad