Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Can anyone explain to me what the 'Tour' option means through EHM? When you set up a tour of a country, it is very vague and not informative.

There have been rare occasions where my team, or another NHL team will play Exhibition games with international teams (CSKA, HV71, etc) during the offseason/preseason stage. Is that where the 'tour' option comes in? For example, if I did a 'Tour of Russia' would the AI set up exhibition games against KHL teams?

You would have to do the setting up of teams to play against, but essentially yes that's what would happen. You schedule exhibition games against teams from that country. It's not something I really use when playing NHL, moreso when I'm playing like a Slovak team and I'll take a "tour" of Czech Republic or Sweden or something as my exhibition schedule.

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
Hey BK and ECK, can you guys agree on your spelling of "Kiev" - it's the last remaining generating city in my Prospect Generator that causes errors when importing to each others database.

By my study, I see:

TBL uses "Kiev"
ECK uses "Kiev"
BK uses "Kyiv"

Any thoughts? :)

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
FYI (for whatever it's worth) - I just took a look and as far as I can tell hockeydb, eliteprospects, hockeyreference, quanthockey and nhl.com all use Kiev (Wikipedia notes "Kiev or Kyiv")

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Hey BK and ECK, can you guys agree on your spelling of "Kiev" - it's the last remaining generating city in my Prospect Generator that causes errors when importing to each others database.

By my study, I see:

TBL uses "Kiev"
ECK uses "Kiev"
BK uses "Kyiv"

Any thoughts? :)

Majority rule, BK has to change! :)

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
EHM Prospect & Non-Player Generator v1.0 Released

Tired of prospects becoming terrible after a while? Have you ever seen the game generate an elite goalie? Any Crosby's or Ovechkin's? This generator should help cure your ills. It generates 1,000 prospects per year for 50 years. All prospects are created in a way such that they fit their player descriptions, and their background stats are generated to be better than the game regens.

Enormous credits go to the TBL research teams, BKArchitect and xECK29x for their databases.

There's a readme inside the zip file for how to use this.

Link:

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Very cool! :thumbu:

In the readme it notes PA ranges for different tiers (below) - how are you getting these ranges?
What made me curious is seeing cut offs of 150 and 170 (there is no variable PA that cuts off at those numbers, -8 is 130-160 and -9 is 150-180)

Tier 1: Generationals (190-200PA)
Tier 2: Franchise, Elite and Top 1st Liners (170-190PA)
Tier 3: 1A Goalies, #2/#3 D, Top 3-6 Forwards (150-170PA)
Tier 4: 1B Goalies, #4/#5 D, Top 6-9 Forwards (130-150PA)
Tier 5: Backup Goalies, #6/#7 D, 4th Line Forwards (110-130PA)

P.S. Another question...the amounts listed in the Reduced/Regular/Increased columns, are these just the "extra" players that the prospect generator generates? Or are they extra players + what the game generates too? I'm thinking it's the former, but just want to make sure

dh99

Apr 17, 2019

Tired of prospects becoming terrible after a while? Have you ever seen the game generate an elite goalie? Any Crosby's or Ovechkin's? This generator should help cure your ills. It generates 1,000 prospects per year for 50 years. All prospects are created in a way such that they fit their player descriptions, and their background stats are generated to be better than the game regens.

Enormous credits go to the TBL research teams, BKArchitect and xECK29x for their databases.

There's a readme inside the zip file for how to use this.

Link:

Great work! Seems like there's an issue when selecting leagues other than the NHL for the xECK29x databases, as it crashes before making it to the team selection screen. I've only tested with AHL, and CHL leagues, and this is using the normal version.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Great work! Seems like there's an issue when selecting leagues other than the NHL for the xECK29x databases, as it crashes before making it to the team selection screen. I've only tested with AHL, and CHL leagues, and this is using the normal version.

Note: The version on Steam already has this implemented, try that version.

Reactions: dh99

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Been playing BK's excellent NHL 32 DB recently, and I've stumbled across a weird AI glitch.

Montreal drafted Hughes 1st in 2019 and his attributes are godly. However, he has a commitment set to Northeastern (see screenshot) for July 2021. For some reason, Montreal never signed him, he's played two more years with the USNTDP, and now he's a UFA.

I don't want to sign him because that would be game breaking, but any way to address this? Almost all of the pre-set commitments in the database end up working out for the player and keep them out of weird situations like this.

Tagging @BKarchitect

EDIT: And right after that the game crashed! Super strange.

Attachments

• Hughes Glitch.PNG
    Hughes Glitch.PNG
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMatt25

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
@PensFan101

Lol there are now two Jack Hughes (for reals) on the USNTDP - the 2001 born superstar and the 2003 born kid who IS committed to Northeastern. Because the config file does future transfers based on name and team, it has no way of knowing which Jack Hughes that means and thus the error.

Technically the younger JH is not on the USNTDP until the 19-20 season so there technically should not be an issue in the future but because I wanted to get the ‘03 kids into the program in the 18-19 start date - it caused this issue!

I would just eliminate that commit from the config for now. Actually ill also give the younger one a middle initial as well next update so stuff like this doesn’t happen and he can still go to Northeastern.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
@PensFan101

Lol there are now two Jack Hughes (for reals) on the USNTDP - the 2001 born superstar and the 2003 born kid who IS committed to Northeastern. Because the config file does future transfers based on name and team, it has no way of knowing which Jack Hughes that means and thus the error.

Technically the younger JH is not on the USNTDP until the 19-20 season so there technically should not be an issue in the future but because I wanted to get the ‘03 kids into the program in the 18-19 start date - it caused this issue!

I would just eliminate that commit from the config for now. Actually ill also give the younger one a middle initial as well next update so stuff like this doesn’t happen and he can still go to Northeastern.

Crazy that this even happened - thanks for the clarification. I've got the save game editor so I'll just have Montreal sign him!

EDIT: Or not - will just sign him and trade him to MTL and take the wrath of my board and fans.

Reactions: BKarchitect

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
I've had EHM on Steam for a number of years now, played it a bit when I bought it and that was it.

I'm about to give it another go, just wondering what mods I should be using?

So far I've only subscribed to TBL Rosters 2018-19 (v11.2), but I'm open to trying out a few as long as they don't make the game too unstable and work well together.

Cheers.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I've had EHM on Steam for a number of years now, played it a bit when I bought it and that was it.

So far I've only subscribed to TBL Rosters 2018-19 (v11.2), but I'm open to trying out a few as long as they don't make the game too unstable and work well together.

Cheers.

If you want start of the season - TBL
Lots of Prospects - ECK
Different Leagues and different expansion variables - BK

All databases are excellent in their own way! I'm just waiting on the HockeyEttan issue to be fixed. I think it popped back up again in a testing AFAIK

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Cheers.

Even though I do testing with all leagues selected...DON'T do it, that will help immensely with stability.

Reactions: MrGold

MrGold

Jan 7, 2012
If you want start of the season - TBL
Lots of Prospects - ECK
Different Leagues and different expansion variables - BK

All databases are excellent in their own way! I'm just waiting on the HockeyEttan issue to be fixed. I think it popped back up again in a testing AFAIK

Thanks!

Are there some UI improvements packages? I'm surely gonna get use to the current UI, but at times I feel I can't find what I'm looking for fast enough. (e.g. Took me a while to find the all team cap situation page), so if there's an improved UI package, I could be interested in that.

Even though I do testing with all leagues selected...DON'T do it, that will help immensely with stability.

Unfortunately, I made that mistake. It makes things a bit slow even when i set Games in Full Detail to "none" for most of the leagues. Will try to play a year and will probably start another game after.

MrGold

Jan 7, 2012
How does one find out how many contracts they have against the 50 limit? I know I found it once, but I can't find it anymore.

EDIT: See "Reserve List"

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
How does one find out how many contracts they have against the 50 limit? I know I found it once, but I can't find it a nymore.

EDIT: See "Reserve List"

Was going to say that. You have to go through the Roster section and go through there

So I've been recently playing my main save again, and take a look at this goalie. 6'7, 200 pounds, ranked number 4 in the draft. Unbelievable!

hugehitposessiongone!.png

Last edited:
Reactions: xECK29x
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
That is one big Long Island boy!

I’ve noticed that! I somewhat understand how regens/newgens work. I thought it could be a Pekka Rinne regen, but I don’t think he’s that tall.

I think what Nino mentioned before, a newgen could be the same as a regen, but certain attributes (like nationality) could change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->