Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
@archibalduk the ? was precisely the issue, I was able to generate 71k jerseys in under 3 minutes with 0 crashes first try!

there are currently 2 instances of question marks in the spreadsheet, the one you mentioned as well as a Zsombor Sz?cs. after removing those 2 names everything worked perfect!

Excellent! Thanks for confirming. The next release of the Generator strips out any invalid characters from file names so this shouldn't be an issue although it does mean you won't have any jersey image for that player.

I took a look at the DB and it seems that this is a database issue rather than an Editor issue. @xECK29x you might want to check out Zsombor Sz?cs and Taylor Morav?ík in the Pivot Rosters.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I took a look at the DB and it seems that this is a database issue rather than an Editor issue. @xECK29x you might want to check out Zsombor Sz?cs and Taylor Morav?ík in the Pivot Rosters.

Will fix in the next patch (hopefully this weekend, I know it's been a while but there is a lot in it)

Checking it may be some of these causing the issue:

Szücs
Szõcs - likely culprit - also not in use so will update
Szócs

I don't see any last names with problematic characters that look like Morav*

Reactions: BKarchitect

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Here is beta v6 of the EHM Jersey Generator: Release v1.0.0-beta.6 · archibalduk/EHM_Jersey_Generator (github.com)

I think this one is pretty much feature complete. All I have on my to-do list is to write a manual, add an application icon and add some more generic jersey combinations. Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions or bugs/issues. If not, I'll start looking at team news jersey generation.

Here is a very brief run-down of the new settings added:

Jersey Settings

Trim Colour Threshold: Determines how similar the trim colour must be to the background colour in order to change over to using the foreground colour for the jersey name and number. If any two of the RGB colour channels are within this threshold then the foreground colour will be used unless the third colour channel is sufficiently different. To calculate the difference take the "R" value of the trim and subtract it from the "R" of the background and then do the same for "G" and "B". Then see whether they are +/- within the threshold. E.g. if the Threshold is 40 and the Trim R-G-B is 20-100-50 and the Background R-G-B is 60-80-150 then this is within the Threshold as the difference between the two is 40, -20, 100 - i.e. the red and green channels are within the 40 threshold.

Text Quality: The chosen figure will be used as a multiplier when the Generator creates the name text. E.g. a setting of 2 will result in the text being created at twice its size and then shrunk down. I have set a default value of 4 (i.e. the text is created 4x the size and then shrunk down to one quarter of its size). You'll see that using a lower figure results in lower quality text. Anything above 4 doesn't seem to have any visible difference.

Character Limit Before Resize: Any name which is longer than the limit will be shrunk down in order to fit properly on the jersey. This isn't perfect but it's much better than it was. I've been trying to get word wrapping to work but I haven't had any luck so far; the text ends up partially cropped.

Batch Screen: Generic Design Settings

Generic Design Method: Allows different generic designs to be used.

The "use generic_jerseys.xlsx by team" setting is the recommended setting as this will calculate a percentage number based on the team name which it will then use to select a design from the generic_jerseys.xlsx spreadsheet.

The "use random designs by team" setting will use the percentage number based on the team name to select a trim and foreground layer but not based on the generic_jerseys.xlsx file. Given that the combinations will be random, you could end up with some very weird designs.

The "use random designs by player" setting will select completely random designs for each player. I.e. it will not create jerseys by team; it will select randomly player-by-player.

The "use a single design" setting will just use whichever single design you select in the drop-down menus below the setting.

Random Seed: This allows you to adjust what jerseys are randomly selected when using the "generic_jerseys.xlsx by team" or "random designs by team" setting. As mentioned above, these two "by team" settings result in the Generator creating a percentage/percentile figure based on a team's name. The Random Seed setting lets you adjust this upward. E.g. let's say "New York Rangers" results in a percentage of 45.2% which is represented as 0.452. Setting the Random Seed to 0.321 would result in the Rangers' figure becoming 0.452 + 0.321 = 0.773. If the seed results in a percentage beyond 100%, it will loop back to zero. E.g. 0.900 + 0.321 would result in 0.221.

Another way of looking at it is to divide 1 by the number of combinations in the generic_jerseys.xlsx spreadsheet and this will tell you by how much you would need to increase the Random Seed in order to get the next jersey design for a team. E.g. currently we have 67 combinations in that spreadsheet - so 1 / 67 = 0.015. So for every 0.015 by which you increase the Random Seed, the resulting jersey design for each team will be shifted by one.

CHANGELIST
  • Added a random seed setting allowing adjustment of the randomness of generic jersey designs based on team name;
  • Added batch import options: (i) enable/disable presets and team designs, (ii) random seed value (iii) varying generic jersey layer designs;
  • Added text scaling, text quality and trim colour similarity settings;
  • Fixed a bug which allowed invalid characters to be used in file names, resulting in a crash;
  • Fixed a bug with the header row of an import spreadsheet being processed and the final row being ignored;
  • Improved name text scaling when using longer names; and
  • Name text now uses the foreground colour when the trim colour is similar to the background colour (both for preset and layered jerseys).

Last edited:

petteri33

Mar 14, 2021
Any updates on the 2000-2001 Database ? I'm really looking for this one ! Please some teasers pics !

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Bad news: I traded away all draft picks online and got swept early in the play offs

Great news: Plenty of free time to get back to fixing league structures. Just wrapped up a project for ECK and I'll see where I can get to today.

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Here's a look at some opening night line ups, if anyone has old THN depth charts or something I'd totally fit it to that, working off things like TOI, and Goals + Assists. Also the AI in EHM gonna do whatever it wants.

Attachments

• 20210315142516_1.jpg
    20210315142516_1.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210315142525_1.jpg
    20210315142525_1.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210315142534_1.jpg
    20210315142534_1.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210315142543_1.jpg
    20210315142543_1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210315142550_1.jpg
    20210315142550_1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210315142656_1.jpg
    20210315142656_1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210315142706_1.jpg
    20210315142706_1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 24

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Any update on your database? Been really lookin' forward to it, honestly my most fun had was on your databases haha

I've never released anything, I think the other retro DBs were mostly TBL creators.

I'm going to power down on this, see if I can work out my March crashing tonight, and put out a WIP release by the end of the week.

The NHL is completely playable, maybe a little broken at times but replicating that super star era is rough.

NHL drafts are okay, it's frustrating because guys like Parise, Kesler, Keith go a year earlier since they don't have to commit to the draft.

Rest of the world is a massive WIP, I have player models created for every single league just not sure how I want to do it. Might put in 2000-2001 histories for the guys, use archis auto CA and work off that, but haven't decided.

It's got authentic NHL schedule, then faked for the rest.

Reactions: archibalduk

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I've never released anything, I think the other retro DBs were mostly TBL creators.

I'm going to power down on this, see if I can work out my March crashing tonight, and put out a WIP release by the end of the week.

The NHL is completely playable, maybe a little broken at times but replicating that super star era is rough.

NHL drafts are okay, it's frustrating because guys like Parise, Kesler, Keith go a year earlier since they don't have to commit to the draft.

Rest of the world is a massive WIP, I have player models created for every single league just not sure how I want to do it. Might put in 2000-2001 histories for the guys, use archis auto CA and work off that, but haven't decided.

It's got authentic NHL schedule, then faked for the rest.
Oh I was responding to BK oops

Reactions: Beef Cake

DropKickedMurphy

Oct 22, 2020
Here's a look at some opening night line ups, if anyone has old THN depth charts or something I'd totally fit it to that, working off things like TOI, and Goals + Assists. Also the AI in EHM gonna do whatever it wants.
I read these names in Gary Thorne's voice. It's amazing.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
What are some of your questions?

So in football manager, I know you can gauge someone’s value by doing a ‘offer to all clubs’ without disrupting a players happiness. Is there a way where I can do that? The only way so far is that I offer them out due to financial reasons, but then they become unhappy.

I’m trying to build up a transfer budget since mine is only 4 million. I find that I’m having a tough time trying to ‘gain cash’ through trades or having teams give offers to my players. When I strictly play the NHL, I always notice players are being transferred or sold. Under team needs, is there a way where I can just request to get cash from other teams? Or is that not a thing?

I basically want to start from the ground up, and build a ‘super squad’ after amassing a huge transfer budget

Secondly, how does a junior international team become ‘populated’? I know with football manager there are the academy days where NewGens and Regens come through the ranks for your youth club. Since EHM doesn’t have anything like that, should I just sign 15/16 year old and stick them on my junior club?

And lastly, I understand there is no salary cap, but I’ve gone into two off-seasons where the board says I’m way over budget in the offseason. Is there a way where I know my ‘cap’ spending is? Or do I just release players on a free for nothing and get my budget to go down on its own?

thanks in advance!

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
So in football manager, I know you can gauge someone’s value by doing a ‘offer to all clubs’ without disrupting a players happiness. Is there a way where I can do that? The only way so far is that I offer them out due to financial reasons, but then they become unhappy.

I’m trying to build up a transfer budget since mine is only 4 million. I find that I’m having a tough time trying to ‘gain cash’ through trades or having teams give offers to my players. When I strictly play the NHL, I always notice players are being transferred or sold. Under team needs, is there a way where I can just request to get cash from other teams? Or is that not a thing?

I basically want to start from the ground up, and build a ‘super squad’ after amassing a huge transfer budget

Secondly, how does a junior international team become ‘populated’? I know with football manager there are the academy days where NewGens and Regens come through the ranks for your youth club. Since EHM doesn’t have anything like that, should I just sign 15/16 year old and stick them on my junior club?

And lastly, I understand there is no salary cap, but I’ve gone into two off-seasons where the board says I’m way over budget in the offseason. Is there a way where I know my ‘cap’ spending is? Or do I just release players on a free for nothing and get my budget to go down on its own?

thanks in advance!

Cash transfers are super rare in hockey so EHM mimics that. Unless I've been the one making the cash offer I've never seen a team do that on any version, not in any interesting way. Sure sometimes in the low low leagues you got the add 'heres 5k can i have him please' offer but thats it

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

thanks in advance!
Thanks for the questions and feedback!

The International stuff is a bit new to me, and definitely a learning curve. I tried a mix between the North American, Swedish and Russian league transfer rules, but its not perfect.

The financial stuff/team status is getting a little murky when teams get promoted/relegated. I'm in the process of testing out some other options, but overall, some of this stuff may be re-done whenever 15 happens (as it supports more teams). I may end up changing the format a bit.

Related to your budget and finances, player budget seems to change as you switch between leagues, I'm still trying to work on that but might not have a better version any time soon.

Offer all should work, but in terms of the GUH and what I set up, should only be offered to teams within their respective league.

As for juniors, I do like to sign a bunch of younger players, and put them on the two juniors teams that should be available. Many become good trade fodder, some of them end up being good enough to play on the major team. I have found that prospects develop better faster in the GUH than a major junior or college route (ie. more NHL ready), so if you are playing an 18/19 year old on your GUH team, if he's drafted don't be surprised if he's signed within the season or 2. That said, I've found trading their rights holds a lot of value.

Can you let me know what teams you've played as, and how you have done in teams of jumping between leagues? I'm on the EHM discord if you ever wanna hit me up (penguinrevolt)

petteri33

Mar 14, 2021
It's a super cherry picked start for me as a Canucks fan. Rookie Sedins, early WCE, no Messier!!!

2002 is probably my favourite season of all time

Yeaaah ! I m looking forward a Canucks save too !
By the way thank for the pics (if you want to tease some canucks players please go), the news and your work !

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v5.5 of Pivot released!

This is a pretty massive update, sorry it took so long, a few things are still WIP (OHL and NHL refreshes for one). Thanks to everyone who helped contribute to this release!

General Updates:
- Due to continued optimization and testing we have made changes to the recommended configuration for starting a new game in order to keep the most detail and prevent potentially notable players/staff from being trimmed from the DB.
-- Use Full sized database to retain as much detail from the DB as possible
-- Optional but STRONGLY encouraged: retain all players/staff from at most ten nations relative to your selected league nations
- Latest notable transactions world-wide
- Fixed/adjusted CA attribute point role spreads for pure offensive and defensive player types ex: high defensive role for an offensive player or vise versa, or low defensive skill spreads for defensive roles)
- Fixed/adjusted pass tendency for "playmaker" style players to ensure they have the tendency to pass rather then shoot
- Updated UFAs from various nations -- thanks Matee!!
- Champions Hockey League team pools should be fixed now -- thanks Archi for the fixed Editor!!
- Updated clubs for Continental Cup

Prospect Generator Updates:
- Changes to optimization for the PG to both 1.4.1 and the forthcoming 1.5 patch releases
- Reduction of PA's so that distribution is now 90% of current ECK database on a 6-year quota (was previously 115% to allow for players not reaching their potential ability)
- CA generation cap of 59 now applies to all goalies (Was previous 70)
- CA generation floor of -10 players raised to 70 (Was previously 50)
- Ambition and Loyalty for -8, -9, -10, -14 and -15 PA players set to values that will increase salary asks after ELC completion to follow IRL behaviors.
- Increased leadership attribute generation for -9, -10 and -15 players
- Changed non-player generation so that all players that generate with non-player attributes will very likely not make it past the CHL/USHL/U20 Junior league levels
- Changed reputation generation so that it calculates by nationality, will lessen the likelihood of players from non-traditional countries getting drafted unless they're special
- Increased generation of stickhandling and passing for generated goalies
- Introduced a small number of very tall players (195-200cm when fully grown) with -14PA as PG guys generally cap out at around 192-194cm.
- Increased goalie height floor from 175cm to 180cm

NHL Updates:
- Latest transactions and started re-rates:
-- Organizational re-rates (players + unsigned prospects) based on mid-way point of the year: Anaheim, Arizona, Boston, Calgary, Vancouver, Washington, Winnipeg -- thanks Flinch for the feedback!!
- Updated NCAA/Europe NHL free agents with potential/likely NHL interest

AHL/ECHL Updates:
- Updated colors for Iowa Wild Hawks and Trois-Rivieres Aigles to better match the logos
- Updated all player/staff, jersey numbers, new heights/weights and captains
- Added missing affiliation for Henderson/Fort Wayne
- Removed affiliation for St. Louis/Springfield and Tulsa
- Folded Brampton and added Iowa to North Division and affiliated with Ottawa/Belleville - only a temporary placeholder
- Expanded ECHL to 32 teams and added/updated affiliations (expansion DB)

Canadian Updates:
- Increased reserve limit to 60 from 50 for CHL leagues to give AI/human GMs more flexibility as certain rules can't be set in game
- Competition types, reputation, transfer rules and tiering updates for all junior leagues -- thanks Javs!!
- Updated transfer windows for CHL leagues -- thanks Javs!!
- Dropped upper age limit by 1 year (ex 17 for a U18) for more accuracy for non-playable junior leagues without transfer rules -- thanks Javs!!
- Updated players/staff for AJHL, BCHL, QJHL, MJHL
- Added Blackfalds Bulldogs to AJHL and updated schedule and players/staff
- Added Winnipeg Freeze to MJHL and updated schedule and players/staff
- Updated OHL and WHL draft pick transfers (for future 1.5 version release) -- thanks jdubs!!
- Partial updates for OHL players and prospects, also updated player rights:
-- Barrie -> Ottawa completed
- Removed loans for all CHL leagues
- Removed ~250 duplicate Canadian players/staff -- thanks Matee
- Added/updated players from 2019 OHL U18 Priority Selection
- Reduced reputation of Semi-Professional clubs
- Updated WHL and QMJHL draft names (WHL Draft and QMJHL Entry Draft)
- Updated WHL players -- thanks Flinch!!

Belarussian Updates:
- Removed age limit and changed club types for Belarusian Vysshaya Liga

Czech Updates:
- Updated Czech U20 leagues players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Danish Updates:

- Updated club names and Danish Metal Ligaen league structure details -- thanks Matee!!

Finnish Updates:
- Updated Suomi-sarja players/staff and UFAs -- thanks Matee!!

Great Britain Updates:
- Removed league structures for National Ice Hockey League 1 and 2 for future reconfiguration after folding of Bracknell clubs.
- Updated player/staff for NIHL2 -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!

Icelandic Updates:
- Updated players/staff and league name -- thanks Matee!!

Russian Updates:
- Updated PVHL league structure and players/staff -- thanks Matte!!
- Updated NMHL and MHL clubs and added league structure for NMHL -- thanks Matee!!

Swedish Updates:
- Updated transfer rules to allow a max of 50 contracted players on squad for all leagues -- thanks Aalstroem

United States Updates:
- Updated transfer rules across multiple leagues -- thanks Javs!
- Fixed transfer rules causing crashes involving USNTDP clubs
- Dropped upper age limit by 1 year (ex 17 for a U18) for more accuracy for non-playable junior leagues without transfer rules -- thanks Javs!!
- Removed ~300 duplicate U.S. players/staff -- thanks Matee
- Updated ~600 UFA U.S. players/staff -- thanks Matee

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
v5.5 of Pivot released!

This is a pretty massive update, sorry it took so long, a few things are still WIP (OHL and NHL refreshes for one). Thanks to everyone who helped contribute to this release!

General Updates:
- Due to continued optimization and testing we have made changes to the recommended configuration for starting a new game in order to keep the most detail and prevent potentially notable players/staff from being trimmed from the DB.
-- Due Full sized database
-- Optional but STRONGLY encouraged: retain all players/staff from at most ten nations relative to your selected league nations
- Latest notable transactions world-wide
- Fixed/adjusted CA attribute point role spreads for pure offensive and defensive player types ex: high defensive role for an offensive player or vise versa, or low defensive skill spreads for defensive roles)
- Fixed/adjusted pass tendency for "playmaker" style players to ensure they have the tendency to pass rather then shoot
- Updated UFAs from various nations -- thanks Matee!!
- Champions Hockey League team pools should be fixed now -- thanks Archi for the fixed Editor!!
- Updated clubs for Continental Cup

Prospect Generator Updates:
- Changes to optimization for the PG to both 1.4.1 and the forthcoming 1.5 patch releases
- Reduction of PA's so that distribution is now 90% of current ECK database on a 6-year quota (was previously 115% to allow for players not reaching their potential ability)
- CA generation cap of 59 now applies to all goalies (Was previous 70)
- CA generation floor of -10 players raised to 70 (Was previously 50)
- Ambition and Loyalty for -8, -9, -10, -14 and -15 PA players set to values that will increase salary asks after ELC completion to follow IRL behaviors.
- Increased leadership attribute generation for -9, -10 and -15 players
- Changed non-player generation so that all players that generate with non-player attributes will very likely not make it past the CHL/USHL/U20 Junior league levels
- Changed reputation generation so that it calculates by nationality, will lessen the likelihood of players from non-traditional countries getting drafted unless they're special
- Increased generation of stickhandling and passing for generated goalies
- Introduced a small number of very tall players (195-200cm when fully grown) with -14PA as PG guys generally cap out at around 192-194cm.
- Increased goalie height floor from 175cm to 180cm

NHL Updates:
- Latest transactions and started re-rates:
-- Organizational re-rates (players + unsigned prospects) based on mid-way point of the year: Anaheim, Arizona, Boston, Calgary, Vancouver, Washington, Winnipeg -- thanks Flinch for the feedback!!
- Updated NCAA/Europe NHL free agents with potential/likely NHL interest

AHL/ECHL Updates:
- Updated colors for Iowa Wild Hawks and Trois-Rivieres Aigles to better match the logos
- Updated all player/staff, jersey numbers, new heights/weights and captains
- Added missing affiliation for Henderson/Fort Wayne
- Removed affiliation for St. Louis/Springfield and Tulsa
- Folded Brampton and added Iowa to North Division and affiliated with Ottawa/Belleville - only a temporary placeholder
- Expanded ECHL to 32 teams and added/updated affiliations (expansion DB)

Canadian Updates:
- Increased reserve limit to 60 from 50 for CHL leagues to give AI/human GMs more flexibility as certain rules can't be set in game
- Competition types, reputation, transfer rules and tiering updates for all junior leagues -- thanks Javs!!
- Updated transfer windows for CHL leagues -- thanks Javs!!
- Updated players/staff for AJHL, BCHL, QJHL, MJHL
- Added Blackfalds Bulldogs to AJHL and updated schedule and players/staff
- Added Winnipeg Freeze to MJHL and updated schedule and players/staff
- Updated OHL and WHL draft pick transfers (for future 1.5 version release) -- thanks jdubs!!
- Partial updates for OHL players and prospects, also updated player rights:
-- Barrie -> Ottawa completed
- Removed loans for all CHL leagues
- Removed ~250 duplicate Canadian players/staff -- thanks Matee
- Added/updated players from 2019 OHL U18 Priority Selection
- Reduced reputation of Semi-Professional clubs
- Updated WHL and QMJHL draft names (WHL Draft and QMJHL Entry Draft)
- Updated WHL players -- thanks Flinch!!

Belarussian Updates:
- Removed age limit and changed club types for Belarusian Vysshaya Liga

Czech Updates:
- Updated Czech U20 leagues players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Danish Updates:

- Updated club names and Danish Metal Ligaen league structure details -- thanks Matee!!

Finnish Updates:
- Updated Suomi-sarja players/staff and UFAs -- thanks Matee!!

Great Britain Updates:
- Removed league structures for National Ice Hockey League 1 and 2 for future reconfiguration after folding of Bracknell clubs.
- Updated player/staff for NIHL2 -- thanks ChaiTiefling!!

Icelandic Updates:
- Updated players/staff and league name -- thanks Matee!!

Russian Updates:
- Updated PVHL league structure and players/staff -- thanks Matte!!
- Updated NMHL and MHL clubs and added league structure for NMHL -- thanks Matee!!

Swedish Updates:
- Updated transfer rules to allow a max of 50 contracted players on squad for all leagues -- thanks Aalstroem

United States Updates:
- Updated transfer rules across multiple leagues -- thanks Javs!
- Fixed transfer rules causing crashes involving USNTDP clubs
- Removed ~300 duplicate U.S. players/staff -- thanks Matee
- Updated ~600 UFA U.S. players/staff -- thanks Matee

Great stuff!

Selfish question, are you planning significant enough updates to Montreal that I should wait until a later release to start a MTL save (while most likely playing some other team) or will it stay similar enough that I shouldn't wait until starting one.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Great stuff!

Selfish question, are you planning significant enough updates to Montreal that I should wait until a later release to start a MTL save (while most likely playing some other team) or will it stay similar enough that I shouldn't wait until starting one.

Tough to say, but it will take a bit before I get to Montreal and those other teams in the middle as I’m working from the outside in alphabetically. I wouldn’t expect the updates to be drastic, there are some rating changes already in this update for MTL.

Reactions: Treb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad