Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Tough to say, but it will take a bit before I get to Montreal and those other teams in the middle as I’m working from the outside in alphabetically. I wouldn’t expect the updates to be drastic, there are some rating changes already in this update for MTL.

Care to share? (in spoiler if needed for PA changes) :thumbu:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Honestly I don’t remember it’s been a month since last release lol. I know I nerfed Byron for sure.

That's sadly accurate. He hasn't been the same since his injury in 2018-2019.

Do you remember slightly buffing Toffoli (currently tied 2nd in goals) or Petry (tied 2nd in D scoring, first in goals)?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
That's sadly accurate. He hasn't been the same since his injury in 2018-2019.

Do you remember slightly buffing Toffoli (currently tied 2nd in goals) or Petry (tied 2nd in D scoring, first in goals)?

Not but I’ll be sure to come to you when I’m up to MTL for feedback.

Reactions: Treb

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
I would say 9/10 times it's the Devils/Avalanche in the finals, but every once in awhile this happens in my DB:

Attachments

• 20210317133200_1.jpg
    20210317133200_1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 26

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Scoring a little low, but really like the group. Whoever runs shotgun with Sakic has very high totals.. Looking at you Deadmarsh.

Hard fought series between Colorado and New Jersey.

Kovy/Hemsky/Spezza top 3

Attachments

• 20210317161433_1.jpg
    20210317161433_1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210317161441_1.jpg
    20210317161441_1.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210317161538_1.jpg
    20210317161538_1.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210317162233_1.jpg
    20210317162233_1.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 20

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Here is beta v6 of the EHM Jersey Generator: Release v1.0.0-beta.6 · archibalduk/EHM_Jersey_Generator (github.com)

I think this one is pretty much feature complete. All I have on my to-do list is to write a manual, add an application icon and add some more generic jersey combinations. Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions or bugs/issues. If not, I'll start looking at team news jersey generation.

Here is a very brief run-down of the new settings added:

Jersey Settings

Trim Colour Threshold: Determines how similar the trim colour must be to the background colour in order to change over to using the foreground colour for the jersey name and number. If any two of the RGB colour channels are within this threshold then the foreground colour will be used unless the third colour channel is sufficiently different. To calculate the difference take the "R" value of the trim and subtract it from the "R" of the background and then do the same for "G" and "B". Then see whether they are +/- within the threshold. E.g. if the Threshold is 40 and the Trim R-G-B is 20-100-50 and the Background R-G-B is 60-80-150 then this is within the Threshold as the difference between the two is 40, -20, 100 - i.e. the red and green channels are within the 40 threshold.

Text Quality: The chosen figure will be used as a multiplier when the Generator creates the name text. E.g. a setting of 2 will result in the text being created at twice its size and then shrunk down. I have set a default value of 4 (i.e. the text is created 4x the size and then shrunk down to one quarter of its size). You'll see that using a lower figure results in lower quality text. Anything above 4 doesn't seem to have any visible difference.

Character Limit Before Resize: Any name which is longer than the limit will be shrunk down in order to fit properly on the jersey. This isn't perfect but it's much better than it was. I've been trying to get word wrapping to work but I haven't had any luck so far; the text ends up partially cropped.

Batch Screen: Generic Design Settings

Generic Design Method: Allows different generic designs to be used.

The "use generic_jerseys.xlsx by team" setting is the recommended setting as this will calculate a percentage number based on the team name which it will then use to select a design from the generic_jerseys.xlsx spreadsheet.

The "use random designs by team" setting will use the percentage number based on the team name to select a trim and foreground layer but not based on the generic_jerseys.xlsx file. Given that the combinations will be random, you could end up with some very weird designs.

The "use random designs by player" setting will select completely random designs for each player. I.e. it will not create jerseys by team; it will select randomly player-by-player.

The "use a single design" setting will just use whichever single design you select in the drop-down menus below the setting.

Random Seed: This allows you to adjust what jerseys are randomly selected when using the "generic_jerseys.xlsx by team" or "random designs by team" setting. As mentioned above, these two "by team" settings result in the Generator creating a percentage/percentile figure based on a team's name. The Random Seed setting lets you adjust this upward. E.g. let's say "New York Rangers" results in a percentage of 45.2% which is represented as 0.452. Setting the Random Seed to 0.321 would result in the Rangers' figure becoming 0.452 + 0.321 = 0.773. If the seed results in a percentage beyond 100%, it will loop back to zero. E.g. 0.900 + 0.321 would result in 0.221.

Another way of looking at it is to divide 1 by the number of combinations in the generic_jerseys.xlsx spreadsheet and this will tell you by how much you would need to increase the Random Seed in order to get the next jersey design for a team. E.g. currently we have 67 combinations in that spreadsheet - so 1 / 67 = 0.015. So for every 0.015 by which you increase the Random Seed, the resulting jersey design for each team will be shifted by one.

CHANGELIST
  • Added a random seed setting allowing adjustment of the randomness of generic jersey designs based on team name;
  • Added batch import options: (i) enable/disable presets and team designs, (ii) random seed value (iii) varying generic jersey layer designs;
  • Added text scaling, text quality and trim colour similarity settings;
  • Fixed a bug which allowed invalid characters to be used in file names, resulting in a crash;
  • Fixed a bug with the header row of an import spreadsheet being processed and the final row being ignored;
  • Improved name text scaling when using longer names; and
  • Name text now uses the foreground colour when the trim colour is similar to the background colour (both for preset and layered jerseys).
I haven't had a chance to download this and check it out, but can you select what jersey you want to use? Like if I want to use Dallas's blackout jerseys

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
@xECK29x in your 5.5 db, it took me until July 5th until I could offer contracts past min salary to FAs with Winnipeg. I had 63 million cap hit.

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
00 Progress:

Doing a bunch of long sims and making adjustments where needed. Goalie histories will have to be chipped away at, it's pretty tedious. League structures for release: NHL, AHL, IHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL. Working on making sure everything works together, those have been tested all together plenty of times.

Things that drive me nuts: Player salaries are hard to find, I have one source but it's very slow going. Need to work on removing clubs that didnt exist. College transfers will take some time. 96-99 draft classes are still being detailed.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Hey everyone, I'm looking to collect some save games from anyone who is willing to share a save (online/offline doesn't matter) with the following:

1) In 2024 or later
2) Started on either Pivot v5 (any version) or TBL v13 (any version)
3) NCAA Frozen Four (and all sub-divisions) enabled.

If anyone can provide that I'd greatly appreciate it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Hey everyone, I'm looking to collect some save games from anyone who is willing to share a save (online/offline doesn't matter) with the following:

1) In 2024 or later
2) Started on either Pivot v5 (any version) or TBL v13 (any version)
3) NCAA Frozen Four (and all sub-divisions) enabled.

If anyone can provide that I'd greatly appreciate it.
I can run a sim while I'm doing work, any other settings you need/want?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Nope, just need to evaluate those clubs after the current crop of players have moved on.
Ok cool, I'll run it for a bit, and hit you up on discord, not sure how far it will sim today, but I'll get you the save after it reaches july 1, 2024

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Nope, just need to evaluate those clubs after the current crop of players have moved on.
Btw, did you take 5.5 down from workshop? I had it subscribed, and now it won't show up in my new game options...I restarted steam like 4 times to be sure...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Cool. Thanks.
Ps. Do you know of a reason the db would crash while simming between Oct 17-27, 2020? I was starting a new game in 5.4, and was crashing while initializing teams, I thought I narrowed it down to a media pundit roster error, when I fixed that, it would make it into the season, and then I would sim to Oct 16, and then onward and it crashes every time.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Cool. Thanks.
Ps. Do you know of a reason the db would crash while simming between Oct 17-27, 2020? I was starting a new game in 5.4, and was crashing while initializing teams, I thought I narrowed it down to a media pundit roster error, when I fixed that, it would make it into the season, and then I would sim to Oct 16, and then onward and it crashes every time.

Typically that happens when you select too many leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->