Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Heh if we found some decent templates we could do something like suits with a coloured tie for GMs and coloured tracksuits for coaches, etc!

Sticking with the minimalistic look of the LWL player jerseys, shouldn’t be too hard to create some simple coach/GM ones! I may take a stab this week sometime if somebody else doesn’t first.

Reactions: archibalduk

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Sticking with the minimalistic look of the LWL player jerseys, shouldn’t be too hard to create some simple coach/GM ones! I may take a stab this week sometime if somebody else doesn’t first.

There are some Adobe stock templates but behind a paywall I believe.

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016

Attachments

• 20210307145318_1.jpg
    20210307145318_1.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 28

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
disregard, I failed at reading comprehension

unless I'm being really dumb here, is there an efficient way to cut the number of players in a spreadsheet without cutting good players? Like I don't want to cut players I will see typically in my games from the jersey model, but at the same time my pc cant handle 72k jerseys it seems

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
unless I'm being really dumb here, is there an efficient way to cut the number of players in a spreadsheet without cutting good players? Like I don't want to cut players I will see typically in my games from the jersey model, but at the same time my pc cant handle 72k jerseys it seems

After exporting the sheet, open it up, sort PA lowest to high, delete anyone under your threshold.

Attachments

• PA Jerseys.PNG
    PA Jerseys.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
archibalduk

Any way to make all the Jersey #'s white?

Some teams don’t have white numbers on their color/dark jerseys, are you saying you want an option to force all numbers white or that numbers should be white, period?

I think all teams should be setup with a lighter color for either secondary or trim color? Is there a particular case where there is a team with all three colors being dark that produce an illegible jersey?

I think there is going to have to be some tweaking by roster creators to get the most out of this utility in terms of club colors...

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Super easy way to avoid spoilers when running the generator, just whiteout the headers except for PA:

Attachments

• jersery gen picture.PNG
    jersery gen picture.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 16

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Some teams don’t have white numbers on their color/dark jerseys, are you saying you want an option to force all numbers white or that numbers should be white, period?

I think all teams should be setup with a lighter color for either secondary or trim color? Is there a particular case where there is a team with all three colors being dark that produce an illegible jersey?

I think there is going to have to be some tweaking by roster creators to get the most out of this utility in terms of club colors...

Yeah basically just something to force it or override it so all #'s display in white. Toronto and Detroit for example:

Attachments

• 20210309153959_1.jpg
    20210309153959_1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210309154007_1.jpg
    20210309154007_1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 16

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah basically just something to force it or override it so all #'s display in white. Toronto and Detroit for example:

The two color teams have a background and trim color that is the same (ie red for both with the Wings and then white for foreground).

I wonder if there is a way for the jersey generator to recognize that when background and trim are the same, it forces the number to be the foreground color? And not just white...what if you have a team that uses yellow and blue only (think Team Sweden) this way the generator keeps the same color intent of the club instead of forcing white into the equation.

Reactions: Beef Cake

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
Ran a very very simple =IF Background = Trim then #00000 or whatever, I don't really expect everyone to want to do that though, but looks much better

Attachments

• 20210309160559_1.jpg
    20210309160559_1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 17

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@Beef Cake another dumb question, again unless i missed something in the instructions, it mentions to output the jerseys into an empty folder, but where do I put them so they show up in game, I scanned through the instructions and didn't really notice anything.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
archibalduk

Any way to make all the Jersey #'s white?

Presently the only way to do it is to go into the exported spreadsheet and set the relevant column to "#ffffff". The next release of the Generator lets you set a pre-defined colour scheme and/or design to every jersey.

This is already resolved in the upcoming version of the Generator. The Generator will check whether the trim colour is too similar to the background and, if it is, will use the foreground colour as the name and number colour. The similarity threshold setting is customisable so you can increase/decrease/disable the threshold as you like.

I'll need to have a think about any colours relating to preset jerseys as the way in which they are generated is different - i.e. the background/foreground/trim colours are not used aside from using trim to do the name/number. I think it should be possible to introduce a similar type of check as mentioned above for the layered jerseys where it checks the similarity of the jersey colour but instead of checking against the background colour, it will need to take a sample of the preset's colour at the centre of the image.

@Beef Cake another dumb question, again unless i missed something in the instructions, it mentions to output the jerseys into an empty folder, but where do I put them so they show up in game, I scanned through the instructions and didn't really notice anything.

See here: Where to install addons: EHM Early Access - EHM The Blue Line Wiki

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
is the editor pretty finicky? I got it to work once, but I can't get it to go for year 2, even using a way smaller spreadsheet file it just consistently crashes every time now.

The Editor or Generator? If the latter, can you upload your spreadsheet so that I can take a look?

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016
is the editor pretty finicky? I got it to work once, but I can't get it to go for year 2, even using a way smaller spreadsheet file it just consistently crashes every time now.

It finishes its workload for me but crashes before closing nearly every time

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
generator, my apologies.

Thanks. That spreadsheet is very helpful. The issue is that you have a player with a question mark in their name ("Taylor Morav?ík"). Attempting to use this name in a file name is invalid and so the Generator tries to display an error message mid-process. I hadn't appreciated that attempting to display an error message mid-process would mess up the multi-threading and result in a crash. It's probably not helpful to display error messages mid-process anyway, so the next version will store up a list of errors which are displayed at the end.

Do you know why the name is being exported with a question mark? Did you export from the Editor as CSV and then convert it to XLSX? CSV doesn't support UTF characters (i.e. most accented characters) and will save them as a question mark, which is why it should be exported as XSLX. If you are exporting as XLSX then maybe it's an export error with the Editor.

It finishes its workload for me but crashes before closing nearly every time

This could be the same issue as above. If you still get the crashes with the next release then let me know.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks. That spreadsheet is very helpful. The issue is that you have a player with a question mark in their name ("Taylor Morav?ík"). Attempting to use this name in a file name is invalid and so the Generator tries to display an error message mid-process. I hadn't appreciated that attempting to display an error message mid-process would mess up the multi-threading and result in a crash. It's probably not helpful to display error messages mid-process anyway, so the next version will store up a list of errors which are displayed at the end.

Do you know why the name is being exported with a question mark? Did you export from the Editor as CSV and then convert it to XLSX? CSV doesn't support UTF characters (i.e. most accented characters) and will save them as a question mark, which is why it should be exported as XSLX. If you are exporting as XLSX then maybe it's an export error with the Editor.

This could be the same issue as above. If you still get the crashes with the next release then let me know.

I remember we ran into some issues with the BOM, we are using that with the output for this sheet too right?

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Just to be pedantic, CSV can support UTF-8/16. It's really just a text file that can use whatever character encoding scheme you'd like.

Yes this is technically true but the issue is that plain text such as TXT and CSV doesn't contain any encoding data/header and it's down to whatever you load it into to figure it out - IIRC OpenOffice used to prompt you each time you opened a CSV asking you to confirm what the encoding method was (!!!). The reference to CSV above is to the way in which it is exported from the Editor which is ASCII unless you enable BOM (which is non-standard and a bit of a hack), so non-ASCII text may come out as question marks. I made the Generator accept XLSX only in order to avoid accidentally trying to export as ASCII via CSV and losing any non-ASCII characters.

CSV/plain text is great for large volumes of data but it's a big headache when you're trying to make something compatible with any text or spreadsheet editor you want to throw at it! :DD

Reactions: 37 others

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario

I do not know why the name is being exported with a question mark, the only odd thing may be that I'm using Libre Office Calc instead of microsoft excel? however it still saves as a microsoft excel worsksheet so I'm not entirely sure!

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@archibalduk the ? was precisely the issue, I was able to generate 71k jerseys in under 3 minutes with 0 crashes first try!

there are currently 2 instances of question marks in the spreadsheet, the one you mentioned as well as a Zsombor Sz?cs. after removing those 2 names everything worked perfect!

Reactions: Beef Cake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad