Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011

hi can you please update the waiver pickups? like Boyd and Vesey to Canucks pls.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ok...so as I am want to do, I'm still tinkering with the next version of the NHLX series format. I've decided to go back to the original 36-team NHL format that I started with years ago. I think it was probably the most popular and offers the right amount of both familiarity and new experience. I'm really excited about the new franchise branding I've included that will help give this expanded NHL universe a fun new look. Unlike previous versions of the old NHL36 database, the new NHLX database will only come in one "flavor" of expansion - and the cities are Quebec City, Houston, Kansas City and Portland. I will expand more at some other time on the NHL2 league and tweaks I have made there which will bring high-level hockey to major markets who did not make the cut into the actual NHL but the four franchises mentioned above will make for plenty of excitement and new rivalries and opportunities.

Québec Nordiques
- I've presented the Nordqiues before and they were a shoe-in. With 36 clubs, I am able to keep the Coyotes instead or relocating them which pleases me as I was disdain to "demote" any current NHL franchises. So the Nordiques will now start as a true expansion team. The logo and colors have been freshened just a bit but the overall feel of the club will remain true to its origins.
iFbjGg2.png

Houston Aeros
- Before being an AHL franchise that eventually got disbanded, the Aeros were actually a very power, championship-winning WHA club in the 70's who unfortunately did not gain entrance to the NHL at the time of the merger. Being in such a huge market and as a natural rival to Dallas in Texas, there are many reasons the NHL has eyed expansion here. The incredibly sharp and classic navy, white and gold scheme is from designer Eric Dunkel's work (Houston Aeros (Defunct Hockey Redesign).
1EPXnfv.png

Kansas City Monarchs
- In searching for identities for my hometown hockey club, I couldn't help but keep coming back to the old Monarchs identity from the historic Negro Leagues baseball club that used to call the city home. That identity was recently returned to life by a minor league independent baseball team in town and it made the perfect platform to modify for a vintage looking identity for this new EHM club featuring brick, navy and cream. The away jerseys will even be cream instead of white.
ZdIo5sL.png

Portland Rosebuds
- The old NHL36 had the Portland Lumberjacks franchise but I wanted to find something a little more classy. The Rosebuds may sound a little "not intimidating" but I love it for a myriad of reasons...the tie to the City of Roses moniker, the tie to old PCHA team in the 1910's which were the first American hockey team to compete for the Stanley Cup (losing to the Habs in the 1916 finals) and the beautiful logo based on another Negro League baseball club that was recently re-established by a team in a summer baseball league in the region. Plus I can't get enough of green and red if done in a classy way (see Devils retro jerseys).
GcJE6k2.png

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Some in game pics. @archibalduk I made a new Nordiques template if you want me to send it to you to bake into the generator. There's a full SVG plus did a foreground/trim PNG files to match what you have started. Couple questions though - it seems none of the current fonts handle special letters very well? Also - does the game not recognize jersey numbers assigned? I assume the CPU teams have given the players numbers but when I go into the saved game file, the current number for a ton of players still says '0' and thus the jerseys generated do as well.

5cqnxlG.png

0NSYA4p.png

wuIQ7dh.png

ZF9i2zv.png

C5RXfog.png

VN0mA5o.png

Us1Aw5s.png

y71PE7Z.png

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Some in game pics. @archibalduk I made a new Nordiques template if you want me to send it to you to bake into the generator. There's a full SVG plus did a foreground/trim PNG files to match what you have started.

Yes please! You can send them to ehmtheblueline AT gmail DOT com

Couple questions though - it seems none of the current fonts handle special letters very well?

Correct - none of the jersey fonts I've been able to find have handled special characters very well. You can add extra fonts in the 'extra_fonts' folder if you'd rather use another font. If you do find a better jersey font then let me know.

Also - does the game not recognize jersey numbers assigned? I assume the CPU teams have given the players numbers but when I go into the saved game file, the current number for a ton of players still says '0' and thus the jerseys generated do as well.

I checked one of my saved games and I see what you mean. It might be that the numbers are being stored elsewhere in the saved game but I wouldn't be able to find where. How annoying... :-(

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I checked one of my saved games and I see what you mean. It might be that the numbers are being stored elsewhere in the saved game but I wouldn't be able to find where. How annoying... :-(

Possible to add an editor function in the future that assigns favorite or current team numbers to players in the database to players who don't have that info filled in? Like a mass edit button that randomly seeds? Perhaps with some range rules based on position? I guess the hard thing would be can you avoid it giving duplicate club numbers for players contracted to the same team?

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Possible to add an editor function in the future that assigns favorite or current team numbers to players in the database to players who don't have that info filled in? Like a mass edit button that randomly seeds? Perhaps with some range rules based on position? I guess the hard thing would be can you avoid it giving duplicate club numbers for players contracted to the same team?

Yes I can do that but it won't address any blank/zero'ed jersey numbers in a saved game.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe, going to depend on what you did. I’d have to see what you did to be sure.
Hilariously I can get beyond Dec 31 if I sim in small batches of days like 4-5 days at a time, but if I go on vacation for a month or 2 it will crash.
Either way. I've corrupted the db somehow. Gonna use the backup.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Ok...so as I am want to do, I'm still tinkering with the next version of the NHLX series format. I've decided to go back to the original 36-team NHL format that I started with years ago. I think it was probably the most popular and offers the right amount of both familiarity and new experience. I'm really excited about the new franchise branding I've included that will help give this expanded NHL universe a fun new look. Unlike previous versions of the old NHL36 database, the new NHLX database will only come in one "flavor" of expansion - and the cities are Quebec City, Houston, Kansas City and Portland. I will expand more at some other time on the NHL2 league and tweaks I have made there which will bring high-level hockey to major markets who did not make the cut into the actual NHL but the four franchises mentioned above will make for plenty of excitement and new rivalries and opportunities.

Québec Nordiques
- I've presented the Nordqiues before and they were a shoe-in. With 36 clubs, I am able to keep the Coyotes instead or relocating them which pleases me as I was disdain to "demote" any current NHL franchises. So the Nordiques will now start as a true expansion team. The logo and colors have been freshened just a bit but the overall feel of the club will remain true to its origins.
iFbjGg2.png

Houston Aeros
- Before being an AHL franchise that eventually got disbanded, the Aeros were actually a very power, championship-winning WHA club in the 70's who unfortunately did not gain entrance to the NHL at the time of the merger. Being in such a huge market and as a natural rival to Dallas in Texas, there are many reasons the NHL has eyed expansion here. The incredibly sharp and classic navy, white and gold scheme is from designer Eric Dunkel's work (Houston Aeros (Defunct Hockey Redesign).
1EPXnfv.png

Kansas City Monarchs
- In searching for identities for my hometown hockey club, I couldn't help but keep coming back to the old Monarchs identity from the historic Negro Leagues baseball club that used to call the city home. That identity was recently returned to life by a minor league independent baseball team in town and it made the perfect platform to modify for a vintage looking identity for this new EHM club featuring brick, navy and cream. The away jerseys will even be cream instead of white.
ZdIo5sL.png

Portland Rosebuds
- The old NHL36 had the Portland Lumberjacks franchise but I wanted to find something a little more classy. The Rosebuds may sound a little "not intimidating" but I love it for a myriad of reasons...the tie to the City of Roses moniker, the tie to old PCHA team in the 1910's which were the first American hockey team to compete for the Stanley Cup (losing to the Habs in the 1916 finals) and the beautiful logo based on another Negro League baseball club that was recently re-established by a team in a summer baseball league in the region. Plus I can't get enough of green and red if done in a classy way (see Devils retro jerseys).
GcJE6k2.png
can't wait to play your updated db

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yes I can do that but it won't address any blank/zero'ed jersey numbers in a saved game.
Are the saved game team numbers just not available in the editor? I've found it hit or miss (mostly misses) if the player didn't have an assigned number in the starting db vs. save games, trying to export updated team/roster numbers.

Otherwise great work overall!

Reactions: BKarchitect

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Some in game pics. @archibalduk I made a new Nordiques template if you want me to send it to you to bake into the generator. There's a full SVG plus did a foreground/trim PNG files to match what you have started. Couple questions though - it seems none of the current fonts handle special letters very well? Also - does the game not recognize jersey numbers assigned? I assume the CPU teams have given the players numbers but when I go into the saved game file, the current number for a ton of players still says '0' and thus the jerseys generated do as well.

5cqnxlG.png

0NSYA4p.png

wuIQ7dh.png

ZF9i2zv.png

C5RXfog.png

VN0mA5o.png

Us1Aw5s.png

y71PE7Z.png
Looks awesome! I had no idea you were working on an update to the NHL32/36 projects until I stumbled onto this thread. On EHMBlueline, it was rather quiet about this project, but definitely excited to hear!

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
This has probably been asked a bunch, but is there a timeframe for when 1.5 is supposed to come out or is it just a when its ready it'll be out sort of thing.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Are the saved game team numbers just not available in the editor? I've found it hit or miss (mostly misses) if the player didn't have an assigned number in the starting db vs. save games, trying to export updated team/roster numbers.

Otherwise great work overall!

Some jersey numbers are but others aren't. They must be saved in another table within the saved game but I don't have any details of the saved game structure so it's impossible for me to manually locate.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This has probably been asked a bunch, but is there a timeframe for when 1.5 is supposed to come out or is it just a when its ready it'll be out sort of thing.

All we know is that it's that a new beta for 1.5 went to the testers on Feb 10. No concrete news since then.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Anyone ever had a Physio with a Star reputation? I think I've had a couple Superbs before but I think this is the first Star I've seen in my EHM career dating back to EHM07.

It's funny since it seems that getting a player with a Star reputation is really hard right now. At the moment there's only 1 Star player in the world...

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
Anyone ever had a Physio with a Star reputation? I think I've had a couple Superbs before but I think this is the first Star I've seen in my EHM career dating back to EHM07.

It's funny since it seems that getting a player with a Star reputation is really hard right now. At the moment there's only 1 Star player in the world...

I've had a few:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

It really shouldn’t happen, I cap them at 120 CA, but the game will do what it wants. It’s why we generally don’t go 170 for any staff as they end up being converted to weird roles because of the attribute spread, it’s a big issue with owners, I think I may lower and cap their CAs.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
It really shouldn’t happen, I cap them at 120 CA, but the game will do what it wants. It’s why we generally don’t go 170 for any staff as they end up being converted to weird roles because of the attribute spread, it’s a big issue with owners, I think I may lower and cap their CAs.
Any idea what's happening with the players and why is it so hard to get a Star reputation with them? I'm in year 2059 so everyone is generated

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012

About staff, I'd like to see more offensive-minded coaches. I feel they get rarer as the years go by, although that's likely confirmation bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->