Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
When starting with newest rosters my game crashes during startup when I select large or full database ?! What exactly is diffirence between normal and large/full. I am asking since I always played with full one.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Heck, now even when I put database on normal sometimes during game startup game simply crashes. Not every time, but like 5 out of 10. Never experienced something like that in EHM. I selected only two leagues, SHL and KHL.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Heck, now even when I put database on normal sometimes during game startup game simply crashes. Not every time, but like 5 out of 10. Never experienced something like that in EHM. I selected only two leagues, SHL and KHL.

It's the extra_config parsing code, you just have to fight with it, or if you are mainly playing as a European GM and don't care about NA draft pick, salary penalities, resignings or anything you can delete the extra_config file. If you open it in Notepad or similar you can see what it adds, not applicable for all sims.

Reactions: pukovnik

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Is there any way to edit the schedule in a saved game? I just notice that there's 3 games in 3 days for a bunch of NHL teams in November for whatever reason, and I'd rather fix that than just let it happen.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
The site has now migrated to the new host, so we should hopefully be back up and running. The forum and main Wordpress site appear accessible but the wiki is not. I'll try to fix that tomorrow.

Whilst I'm able to log in, I'm getting an "access forbidden" error when trying to access the forum admin control panel. I expect this relates to the firewall. If anybody cannot access the forum then let me know in this thread, the EHM Reddit or Twitter.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
1) You need to reload the BKmodern skin every time you start a game for the full color changes to take effect. For whatever reason, the default EHM colors in the header will remain even if you boot up EHM and it is already on the BKmodern skin. So when you start the game, switch the skin to traditional and back to BKmodern for full effect.

Is it something to do with being in BETA phase or is it simply "hardcoded" stuff ?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
In case anybody is interested, v0.4.1 of the EHM Editor is now available: Eastside Hockey Manager Editor (v0.4.1) [BETA] - EHM The Blue Line

New Features:
  • Added support for database version 1033 (EHM game version 1.5);
  • Added UTF-8 support when importing (but not exporting) CSV spreadsheets where a byte order mark (BOM) is present
  • Retired number import and export via spreadsheets; and
  • Retired number validation (entries with blank player names are now deleted and the table is now ordered by club ID and jersey number).
Fixes and Improvements:
  • Active clubs with no Professional Status set are flagged as invalid when filtering in the Editor and are highlighted in yellow;
  • Added a 'Delete' button to the Contract Details screen;
  • Added a more detailed error message when the Editor is saving the database;
  • Added a setting to automatically save databases to the latest EHM database version (via Settings -> General) (NOTE: DO NOT ENABLE THIS SETTING UNTIL EHM v1.5 IS RELEASED);
  • Added additional Potential Ability values of -16 to -20 (NOTE: DO NOT USE THESE RANGES UNTIL EHM v1.5 IS RELEASED);
  • Added an error message when trying to add Contract Details to a non-player;
  • Added Birth City filtering to the Players and Staff screen;
  • Added colour validation to prevent invalid/blank colours (note: the database must be re-saved in order to fix existing databases);
  • Added extended logging when updating/refreshing the database;
  • Added logging of rolling save numbers to assist with debugging;
  • Added sorting for historical team name changes;
  • Adding an Extra Rule now automatically shows the Extra Rule selection pop-up window;
  • Adjusted the Players & Non-players spreadsheet export such that the Nations filter will act as a sub-filter when also filtering by Club Competition;
  • Changing database version now changes both of the Current Version and Original Version settings;
  • Clauses fields are now true/false settings;
  • Corrected the club histories export spreadsheet which was exporting the Loss and Tie columns the wrong way round;
  • Corrected the Database Settings title from Header to Settings;
  • Corrected the Nation field on the Editor screen which would flag Afghanistan (id #0) as invalid;
  • Enabled fractional DPI scaling;
  • Extended the log text file limit to 300 lines from 150 lines;
  • Fixed bug with the Player filter resetting when trying to filter by Club Drafted and Club Rights;
  • Fixed minor issue with the Editor attempting to delete zero rows from the Contract Details table if there are no records which require deletion;
  • Fixed the Club field on the Contract Details screen when the Club Contracted changes (NOTE: This was just a cosmetic issue);
  • Improved handling of database versions to ensure compatibility with v1.4.1 and v1.5 format databases;
  • Improvements to the UID validation function including the generation of a log spreadsheet showing all changes made;
  • Merged the Database Header and Game Basic Data screens into a new Data -> Database Settings screen;
  • Minor adjustments to the sizes of labels on the editing screens;
  • Re-enabled logging to the Log screen;
  • Re-enabled the database author field;
  • Resized the ID, UID and Rows fields shown at the foot of each editing screen;
  • Retired number import and export via spreadsheets;
  • Retired number validation (entries with blank player names are now deleted and the table is now ordered by club ID and jersey number);
  • The Detailed Division of every club is automatically set from the club's Division where no Detailed Division has been set;
  • Tidied up the Club Name Changes screen;
  • Tweaked Award Bonus table sorting to fix an invalid comparator error;
  • Upgraded to Qt 5.15; and
  • Widened tab sizes slightly (delete the stylesheet.css file for changes to take effect).
Any new file link, this one broke?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Maybe You should ask Riz if it is possible for him to de-hardcode this for 1.6 update :)

The FMF file which has all the hard-coded graphics stuff is apparently locked for licensing reasons so I don't think it will ever be able to be edited unless somebody creates a tool which can extract and re-pack the file. :(

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
The FMF file which has all the hard-coded graphics stuff is apparently locked for licensing reasons so I don't think it will ever be able to be edited unless somebody creates a tool which can extract and re-pack the file. :(

Ah, too bad...

Can you link me your latest NHL 32 (Quebec) DB ? I can't find it.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ah, too bad...

Can you link me your latest NHL 32 (Quebec) DB ? I can't find it.

Ooof - I haven't updated that in FOREVER. I plan on doing a complete database overhaul soon (well, I've started actually) but it's going to take months to complete.

Best bet is for somebody to take the newest Pivot rosters and adjust the NHL and AHL for Seattle and Palm Springs to be added...if somebody wants to do that and use my 32 team NHL structure as a guide (simply open both databases in separate editor instances and adjust NHL settings and structure and export/import schedule templates in Pivot to match the NHL32 database) - they are free to use my old NHL32 as a guide for that. Or maybe @xECK29x has already done a version like this, I haven't followed this thread in a long time so not sure if there is a 32-team Pivot roster floating around or not.

I can supply Seattle Kraken color and logos and Palm Springs (placeholder) info and logos if needed to match dani9's logo format.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Ooof - I haven't updated that in FOREVER. I plan on doing a complete database overhaul soon (well, I've started actually) but it's going to take months to complete.

Best bet is for somebody to take the newest Pivot rosters and adjust the NHL and AHL for Seattle and Palm Springs to be added...if somebody wants to do that and use my 32 team NHL structure as a guide (simply open both databases in separate editor instances and adjust NHL settings and structure and export/import schedule templates in Pivot to match the NHL32 database) - they are free to use my old NHL32 as a guide for that. Or maybe @xECK29x has already done a version like this, I haven't followed this thread in a long time so not sure if there is a 32-team Pivot roster floating around or not.

I can supply Seattle Kraken color and logos and Palm Springs (placeholder) info and logos if needed to match dani9's logo format.

I know you just got back in the game (pun intended lol) but how was the feedback on the WHA2 concept? I know I tested it a long while back and it worked fine for the time being..

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario

I'd love to get my hands on those logos!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
upload_2020-9-1_18-24-22.png

15 yr old already 6'4 and 235 lbs :laugh::help::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad