Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Is AI trade toggle patchable, or is it so hard-wired into the game that it would take a new game to change it?

Not sure what you mean by trade toggle, but the AI is being worked on trade wise.

Provisional changelist for EHM patch v1.5 released – The Blue Line
– Improved AI scouting accuracy for both current and potential ability to better reflect their judging abilities
– Improved AI managers signing pending restricted free agents to new contracts
– Adjustments to AI shortlisting and contract negotiations
– Improvements on restricted free agent interest in re-signing with their current team

EDIT: Do you mean enabling/disabling AI trading with himself?

Reactions: Deadpool8812

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
yes enabling/disabling ai teams trading with each other. I think it might have been answered way back by Eck but I couldn't remember, then I saw a patch was being worked on.

Not sure why you would want that, but I'm pretty sure sure it is extremely far in Riz to-do list if it is even feasible.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
yes enabling/disabling ai teams trading with each other. I think it might have been answered way back by Eck but I couldn't remember, then I saw a patch was being worked on.

I don't recall ever mentioning that but I don't believe it's possible to shut off AI trades, there is no "commissioner mode" like in FHM.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't recall ever mentioning that but I don't believe it's possible to shut off AI trades, there is no "commissioner mode" like in FHM.
Ah Okay.

On start dates, what happens if the NHL goes to January start date permanently...can that be altered in the database?

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't see what this has to do with AI trades, but I'm fairly certain the database makers can set the schedule accordingly.
Sorry I was digressing. I was asking because I thought the start dates were pre-programmed.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Ah Okay.

On start dates, what happens if the NHL goes to January start date permanently...can that be altered in the database?

There are some hard coded limitations, mainly with end dates. The season flips for all non-NA leagues on May 1st and for all NA leagues on July 1st. I don’t believe this can be changed. Because of this July 1st is the earliest you can start the sim.

You can make a schedule template that would start an NHL season in January the following year, training camp dates are defined in transfer rules and not hard coded, however you would have to make sure the season wraps up completely before the draft.

Reactions: Kranix

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I has been a couple years since I've fired this up. The Blue Line still the place to go for latest rosters, face packs, editors and such?

TBL is down right now due to some external issues, there is a reddit /r/ehm post that has the files linked if you need them. I host all my content on the Steam Workshop though.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ok, here's my BKmodern skin for beta testing, feel free to try. Here are the screenshots once again, compared to the original:
e9bd1e07fbba9dddbddddc202c23cf29.png

3221d56c9aa4cf56072c7c0326218e3b.jpg

6674f9bf8526f6b7fb9e73a27598f648.png

5654dbd6c7272cbb4a9c836fc6391e5c.png

bd5d8a64680eeb735e5b0e5359efef47.png

48d7d806fa7e51196e2e22276ae4f014.png

fc8abc528abb474e8303be385b83bc6a.png

DOWNLOAD HERE
LINK

The ZIP file will put the BKmodern folder and files into your data/skins folder and also overwrite your rink logos under rink/pictures...the rink logos include current major NHL sponsers and all of dani9's NHL arena center ice logos...BACKUP that folder if you want to save the generic rink logos for whatever reason:
2a65d78d620814eb8a62fe2cbbed875b.png

Ok two important notes:

1) You need to reload the BKmodern skin every time you start a game for the full color changes to take effect. For whatever reason, the default EHM colors in the header will remain even if you boot up EHM and it is already on the BKmodern skin. So when you start the game, switch the skin to traditional and back to BKmodern for full effect.

If you don't reload the BKmodern each time you start the game, it will continue to use the old drab EHM colors even with the new BKmodern graphics:
1300e2532983a7f5442e2a11dbb7ad87.png

Reload the skin (ie, switch to another skin and then back to BKmodern) for the game to read the brighter default colors:
8d38b6c9d8a770b5ec879227713c0a80.png

2) I do not like the hard-coded background graphics in the game, they look dated to me and give the screens a cluttered logo. Since we cannot change that fmf file (due to licensing reasons), for full BKmodern skin effect (simple, streamlined look) - you need to rename the background_enc.fmf file so the game doesn't read it. I just replace the FMF with BAK on mine. You can always rename it back to FMF to get all the backgrounds back. The one downside is that the game front screen will now be missing the EHM logo because it is part of a background image in the FMF file. But for me that's not a big deal.
4fc7dfd414db9561bb88ec9fa2438de1.png

If you don't rename this file, the old photo backgrounds will continue to clutter the screens (which hey if you want that keep it but it goes against the minimalist approach I am taking with this skin):
c196b8a53984ac65d5de84666b4c4446.png

You're front screen will look a little barren though...nothing I can do about that, the EHM logo on that screen is not a stand-alone image but part of a licensed background photo. Side note...this skin even updates the bottom icons and the main screen and with newer SI Games and Sega logos :D
88e4e5096056701b17a84e3a7ef65671.png

Please send me feedback and bugs! I will continue to refine this skin and am thinking about branching out to do some other flavors. Maybe a more silver version (with the licensed backgrounds) to mimic EHM 07 or even a white version to mimic the NHL.com website.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Actually apparently I didn't get it working, at least not properly... all the new teams I created are showing up in game, and have schedules and play games, however they still just replaced other teams in the schedule.

for instance, Hartford played 40 games, Pittsburgh played 0. Seattle played 41 games, Edmonton played 0, and so on and so on.

can anyone give me a hand with creating a schedule so that teams don't play 0 games every season? I am utterly lost on how to add Seattle in without losing another team...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Has anyone had recent problems with starting games with the ECK database? I keep trying to open it but it crashes the game right before the team selection screen pops up.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Has anyone had recent problems with starting games with the ECK database? I keep trying to open it but it crashes the game right before the team selection screen pops up.

Does it crash upon the "creating shortlists" bar seemingly completing its load?

Does that for me a few times, just fiddle with the leagues you have selected or try and jam it.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
@xECK29x - I am planing to start new save and I will use your latest rosters, so is there any league that I shouldn't select when starting save, that will or could cause crash(ings) ?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Check your extra.config for typos.
Open it in the editor and check for roster errors.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The file is clean, it's the 1.4.1 game code, there were a bunch of bugs with how the file is being parsed. All resolved in 1.5.
Oh ya I didn't mean to imply your file wasn't clean i've just had that problem after messing with the config

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Oh ya I didn't mean to imply your file wasn't clean i've just had that problem after messing with the config

Yea the parsing engine sucks. One thing I like about 1.5 is you will at least see the line number with the issue before it crashes.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Since the TBL is down, is there any other site where I can download logos for faceoff dot ? I checked steam workshop but nothing there.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Since the TBL is down, is there any other site where I can download logos for faceoff dot ? I checked steam workshop but nothing there.

Which league? The NHL ones are in my skin download (credit to dani9!). No Seattle yet though. And no other leagues...to be honest, I don’t recall their being much in the way of rink center ice logos available outside the NHL but maybe I’m wrong?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Which league? The NHL ones are in my skin download (credit to dani9!). No Seattle yet though. And no other leagues...to be honest, I don’t recall their being much in the way of rink center ice logos available outside the NHL but maybe I’m wrong?

I want for NHL and SHL. At TBL there were for almost all bigger european leagues, plus all NA playable ones.

Reactions: BKarchitect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad