Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
To those asking about NHL32x rosters or adding Seattle/Palm Springs to the ECK rosters etc. - After I'm finished doing my Prospect Generator updates for the ECK v5 release I plan on doing a few "how-to" videos to show how you can do this (it takes 2 minutes with the spreadsheets I have) and releasing all of the useful things I've got lying around (making existing players become non-players is the other big one I like using).

I'd say I'm around 95% complete on PG for v5. Patch 1.5 changes everything for the PG as well, and the PG is now fully workable with the upcoming patch.

If there's a desire I might do a 10-15 minute stream in a couple of weeks to show the PG changes in 1.5 and what it means for longer career style games.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
To those asking about NHL32x rosters or adding Seattle/Palm Springs to the ECK rosters etc. - After I'm finished doing my Prospect Generator updates for the ECK v5 release I plan on doing a few "how-to" videos to show how you can do this (it takes 2 minutes with the spreadsheets I have) and releasing all of the useful things I've got lying around (making existing players become non-players is the other big one I like using).

I'd say I'm around 95% complete on PG for v5. Patch 1.5 changes everything for the PG as well, and the PG is now fully workable with the upcoming patch.

If there's a desire I might do a 10-15 minute stream in a couple of weeks to show the PG changes in 1.5 and what it means for longer career style games.

Yes please !!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
As much as I am fanatic for this game, it desperately needs an update, I mean look at this reaction. I got 1st round pick (probably late one, but still) for 4th liner and this is reaction from my board.

upload_2020-9-11_22-36-14.png

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
upload_2020-9-13_20-29-47.png

My record is 21-2-2 so far...:laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-13_20-28-25.png
    upload_2020-9-13_20-28-25.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I am thinking of buying EHM or FHM but I have not played GM games in years and have no idea which one is better and more stable with mods for images, logos etc.

Can someone give a brief overview of these games for a noob ?

Last edited:

raipeh

Aug 17, 2020
I am thinking of buying EHM or FHM but I have not played GM games in years and have no idea which one is better and more stable with mods for images, logos etc.

Firstly, you're asking this in an EHM thread, so the answers might be a bit biased! ;)

I've played EHM for YEARS, and I bought FHM, tried it, and refunded it pretty much soon after. I immediatedly felt EHM was the better one - maybe because that's how I started and where I'm used to, but I honestly feel that way. At least I tried to give FHM a shot, ha.

FHM I believe has the official licence, but is on a "yearly release" basis like the EA Sports games, and pretty much focuses on the NHL - EHM has way more mod and modder support, has WAY more playable teams and leagues, and the database modders have done, and are still continuing to do and bless us with great updates to EHM. Alongside databases, you will find official team logos etc., player pictures and stuff on the Steam Workshop for EHM as well!

Can't say for FHM much here, but EHM is stable once you get your save running, and you can keep running said save for "eternity" if you so choose.
FHM's UI is way more up to date, but EHM has some mods to compensate for that, as well.

EHM does have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get going there's no looking back. Hell, I'm still learning something new or seeing something pop up for the first time, after years of playing. The community is small-ish but we're all here to help!

Can't say anything about online play or leagues because I only play offline, but I know there are some good ones!

We're all eagerly waiting for the 1.5 Game Update, and of course post-draft/FA database-update from modders as well! :DD

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

I am playing both. FHM definitely closed the gap between the two, so it is up to personal preferences. In my opinion, FHM does better job in player development and handling player careers (no crazy stats for players past 35, except for Gretzky/McDavid/Crosby type). Scouting is better and more detailed in EHM. Also, EHM seems more lively with media interaction (when hyping or criticising players). FHM has more international tournaments, like Hlinka or WHC U17 Challenge and very in-depth historical mode. Both have it's pro and cons.. :) Hope this helped.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Long time EHM player here. After years i desperately waited for the 1.5 patch i gave a chance to FHM 6. Was skeptical, but was positive surprised. Sure, also they had issues (Unreal World Championship games and individual performances, weird trading system, some places in interface that screams for buttons...) but overall it is a good game.

I dont know, if i will come back to EHM after this famous infamous 1.5 patch.

My recommendation for you will be:

1. Try FHM 6
2. wait for 1.5 patch for EHM
3. then decide

Reactions: archibalduk

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
EHM for me simply because they don't charge full price for a "new" game every year with minimal improvements from the previous year

Reactions: Beef Cake
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
When’s the version 1.5 coming out ?

No real timetable since Riz is doing Football Manager work during this time of year. After the release he tends to focus on the EHM side of things. The 1.5 (potentially 1.6) patches are supposed to fix a ton of in-game things.

Don't listen to other posters who piss and moan about no update to the game. A modern EHM was supposed to never exist lol.

This game has it's longevity because of it's modding community, which can't be thanked enough!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
No real timetable since Riz is doing Football Manager work during this time of year. After the release he tends to focus on the EHM side of things. The 1.5 (potentially 1.6) patches are supposed to fix a ton of in-game things.

Don't listen to other posters who piss and moan about no update to the game. A modern EHM was supposed to never exist lol.

This game has it's longevity because of it's modding community, which can't be thanked enough!

We piss and moan because we love this game so much :)

And I agree about modding community. EHM has probably one of the best and most commited overall modding comm. in whole gaming world.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Having played both games extensively I would go with FHM. Both have different pros and cons. Just briefly - EHM is more customisable, has a better interface, drafting and scouting are slightly ahead and it has a more dedicated community keeping the game up to date. FHM is far more realistic in terms of statistics, player development and ageing and difficulty (although it is still easy to manipulate the AI, it's nowhere near as easy as in EHM). The biggest gripe I have with EHM is the ageing and development. Players will put up career highs in their late 30s if they have the right linemates and enough ice time. Rarely will you see guys in their early to mid 20s dominate the scoring leaderboards like they do in real life.

EHM was the better game until FHM5. Since then FHM is clearly ahead.

Reactions: Matt UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->