Post-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Finals Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Very surprised though that the Rangers are favored to win on the main boards after that. I was totally expecting the Lightning to blow the Rangers out in the poll.

I would assume there are far more Rangers fans than Lightning fans, here.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Very surprised though that the Rangers are favored to win on the main boards after that. I was totally expecting the Lightning to blow the Rangers out in the poll.

I imagine that there are more Rangers fans than Lightning fans. Even a lot of people who live in Florida are Rangers fans. I assume that Tampa is going to send out that memo that only Bolts fans are allowed to attend the games like they did in rounds one and two.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't understand it either.

If the Rangers had gotten through 2 rounds playing the way the Lightning have I wouldn't feel very comfortable.
Probably true.

Last week I said TBL should easily beat Caps/NYR, but their 2 games after taking a 3-0 lead were less than convincing. I think NYR are the favorites due to experience. Head says TBL in 6, Heart says NYR in 4. LGR

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Probably true.

Last week I said TBL should easily beat Caps/NYR, but their 2 games after taking a 3-0 lead were less than convincing. I think NYR are the favorites due to experience. Head says TBL in 6, Heart says NYR in 4. LGR

For some reason I read that as 'Hayes says NYR in 4,' and I thought, 'what a ballsy *******.' :help:

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Tampa fans are mighty overconfident if you ask me.

I keep trying to stay off the main board, and failing. Man, their fan base is giving us no credit. They squeak by a decent Detroit team (which some called the biggest test in the East :laugh:) then struggled to put away a very mediocre Habs team.

They swear this "triplets" line is the best thing since sliced bread. We shut down Crosby and Co. We shut down Ovi/Backstrom/MoJo. Wash top line was probably much tougher than them. Stamkos doesnt scare me. He is a slower, less phyiscal version of Ovi. Some people claiming Bishop > Hank? That worked well for Holtby.

I didn't have anything against these guys yesterday, but now? **** them. Rangers in 6.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
I keep trying to stay off the main board, and failing. Man, their fan base is giving us no credit. They squeak by a decent Detroit team (which some called the biggest test in the East :laugh:) then struggled to put away a very mediocre Habs team.

They swear this "triplets" line is the best thing since sliced bread. We shut down Crosby and Co. We shut down Ovi/Backstrom/MoJo. Wash top line was probably much tougher than them. Stamkos doesnt scare me. He is a slower, less phyiscal version of Ovi. Some people claiming Bishop > Hank? That worked well for Holtby.

I didn't have anything against these guys yesterday, but now? **** them. Rangers in 6.

You can't be serious........... :laugh::help::shakehead

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Are the Caps really 0-5 after leading a series 3-1? :)

I believe the stat is they are 0-5 (now 0-6) in game 7's of series that the initially took a 3-1 lead.

Also heard on the radio that in their history, they have had 12 series where the led 3-1 and have only won 6 of them. That faint gurgling sound in the background this time of year is the Caps choking.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015

I agree. They give the Rangers very little credit at all and seem way over confident going into this series. **** them!

They are also feeling very confident having gone 3-0 against the Rangers in the regular season. Only problem with this thought, it all those games were played before December 2nd when the Rangers kicked it in gear.

Let them be over confident and let the Rangers kick the **** out of them. The thought of Bishop being better than the King is ****ing laughable.

BarbaraAlphanse

Is -31- doing his statistical previews where he predicts the series winner? He was spot on last year. Would be interested to see what his numbers show.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I imagine that there are more Rangers fans than Lightning fans. Even a lot of people who live in Florida are Rangers fans. I assume that Tampa is going to send out that memo that only Bolts fans are allowed to attend the games like they did in rounds one and two.

Nothing wrong with that.

If they can sell out the arena by refusing ticket sales to out of towners then good for them. And it's private property, they have every right to have a dress code to enter (even if that dress code is "no other teams' attire)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Probably true.

They had no business being up 3-0 to begin with.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Tampa really isn't getting scoring outside of Stamkos and their best line. TKO is a legitimate threat, might be the best line in the league rn tbh. They're really not THAT scary, though. Good team for sure, could definitely win the cup. But we can beat them.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I don't know. They're a really good team, and I'm not sure how this team is gonna score enough to win without Zuccarello.

They also have Stamkos and Johnson so that means Staal is going to be in for a ride...

The biggest reason we struggled to score in the first two rounds was that we were playing against teams who needed to go all out on defense if they wanted to stay with us. If Tampa opens things up I think we'll get scoring again just fine. They aren't built to clog us up like the Caps, and they aren't going to sit all the way back like the Penguins.

Plus it seems unlikely any goalie we face will be as good or better than Holtby was.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Re-watching the OT...the "OMIGOD THE CAPS DOMINATED THE 1st 5 MINUTES" line of thinking is vastly overblown. The Caps had two chances of extended pressure of about a minute each. The Caps missed the net a lot, or had shots blocked.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
You can't be serious........... :laugh::help::shakehead

well, he's undoubtedly taller than Hank.

Anyway, we've got our work cut out for us here.

Should be a much different series in terms of style of play. I sure as hell don't expect Tampa play Trotz hockey, that'd take away their biggest strength. Let's see if we can get our offense clicking with some more space.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Tampa really isn't getting scoring outside of Stamkos and their best line. TKO is a legitimate threat, might be the best line in the league rn tbh. They're really not THAT scary, though. Good team for sure, could definitely win the cup. But we can beat them.

Their F depth is tremendous, however I still don't believe in their D. Outside of Hedman, who was all world, I don't see anyone that scares me. Washington's D was far and away better than Tampa's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad