Post-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Finals Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Tickets down here evaporated so quick.

Fortunately, my friend who is a Rangers/Lightning fan, and who has season tickets for TB, has an extra pair for each Lightning home game that I'm buying from him!

So stoked about it. This is going to be a really fun and very fast series. It's going to be as painful to endure as the Caps series was. Hopefully we'll come out on top.

Snyper

Mar 2, 2015
Any body else want to toot Yandle's horn for that key pass to Girardi to set up the OT GWG?

That was a vintage Yandle play. Maybe he can utilize his high skill level more against the Lightning. We're going to need him now more -- with Boyle's status uncertain.

BarbaraAlphanse

The Nash excuse list. I either mentioned it last night, or this morning.

People reduce the annoyance with Nash to wanting more goalllzzz!!1!1!

I agree that there is more to hockey than that, but the extent of the excuses from the other side have reached epic proportions.

Now I will keep a list.

I haven't heard any string theory arguments in which he's shooting at a 96.3% clip in some other portion of the multi-verse, but I will wait and see.

I'm not excusing him. He has woefully underperformed in 3 post seasons with us. He is paid to score goals and be a difference maker offensively.

My observation is that he is much more successful and impactful from the right side than left side. Not an excuse but it is a fact that he is not being optimized on the left wing.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Any body else want to toot Yandle's horn for that key pass to Girardi to set up the OT GWG?

That was a vintage Yandle play. Maybe he can utilize his high skill level more against the Lightning. We're going to need him now more -- with Boyle's status uncertain.

It was a 10 foot pass to an open point man. Let's not pretend like he made some amazing play. The key on that play was Fast jumping in on the face off and getting the puck back to Yandle.

I do agree that he will be able to find more room and use his puck-moving ability more against a team like the Lightning. The size and heavy forecheck of the Capitals really exposed Yandle and Boyle.

NYR90

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles

I think it's more likely. It looks like he shies away from board battles and physical players seem to give him trouble. I think that's why Washington made him look worse than he is. Against a Tampa team that is more finesse I could see him stepping up in both ends.

Snyper

Mar 2, 2015
Let's not pretend like he made some amazing play.

Never said it was amazing, but it was a good, hard, quick pass to Girardi on the tape in a good shooting position.

That is what Yandle does best when he's on his game.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm not excusing him. He has woefully underperformed in 3 post seasons with us. He is paid to score goals and be a difference maker offensively.

My observation is that he is much more successful and impactful from the right side than left side. Not an excuse but it is a fact that he is not being optimized on the left wing.

The point is that this assessment would not cross my mind they day after he…um…had good 2-way on that breakaway.

I've tried to make concessions that he is contributing to a degree, but this shooting percentage is outrageous.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I was talking solely about Game 7. The Rangers were definitely outplayed.

Completely disagree. I think they were outplayed in the 1st and outplayed the Caps the rest of the way. Once they tied it, I didn't have any "uh-oh feelings" at all.

They outshot them 29-21 the rest of the way and while I thought the Caps had some good zone time in OT, they didn't have any great scoring chances.

BarbaraAlphanse

The point is that this assessment would not cross my mind they day after he…um…had good 2-way on that breakaway.

I've tried to make concessions that he is contributing to a degree, but this shooting percentage is outrageous.

It is. I'm in agreement with you. But I'd rather nash shooting more in the slot than the left point... Wouldn't you?

Breakaway withstanding.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It is. I'm in agreement with you. But I'd rather nash shooting more in the slot than the left point... Wouldn't you?

Breakaway withstanding.

He's been throwing wet noodles from the slot too.

And he buried break aways like that one during the regular season.

Even if it wasn't your intention the counter argument to his shooting percentage has gotten out of hand.

It's impossible to even have a discussion about it anymore.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
thinking it's time to change my plates

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Completely disagree. I think they were outplayed in the 1st and outplayed the Caps the rest of the way. Once they tied it, I didn't have any "uh-oh feelings" at all.

They outshot them 29-21 the rest of the way and while I thought the Caps had some good zone time in OT, they didn't have any great scoring chances.

You didn't think OT was total domination?

No great scoring chances?

Guess you were the fan who sat calmly through that OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad