Post-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Finals Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
I think wash is a better team than tb. Theyre more physical and holtby is way better. I think we could take this in 5 or 6, yes that might be a little too optimistic, but im not sure this will be as hard as wash

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
bishop isnt that great imo. Hes pretty inconsistent, the rise and fall of tb is solely on their offense.

If you look back on both the det & mtl series, bishop was lit up quite a few times (and mtl cant score & still put 6). He has good and bad games, very inconsistent which isn't sustainable in the playoffs. If we keep tb to under 2ga we should be able to put up 3+ a night

They have a Bishop....but we have a King. King trumps Bishop. We win. Bank it.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I think wash is a better team than tb. Theyre more physical and holtby is way better. I think we could take this in 5 or 6, yes that might be a little too optimistic, but im not sure this will be as hard as wash

We'd be able to play our game better because they won't be playing 1950's hockey trying to trap up a storm

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
You guys werent kidding! There are actually posters on the mainboards claiming Bishop > Hank :amazed:

I had to remove myself before i ended up in the penalty box.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
What do you expect from an unknowledgable fan base, though?

I live in Tampa, Jon. I can tell you, it's largely a very knowledgeable fan base. Most of that is because we are all offspring of northerners (Florida is NY and NJ retirement village), but it's true. Almost all of my friends can discuss hockey just as well as we can on this board.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I don't know why but I actually feel really confident about this series. I had this background sense of doom when we got the Caps, though I predicted Rangers in 6. Don't know, but I really like our chances.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
They gotta earn the respect by winning the ultimate trophy. We haven't won it in 20 years. And regular season accomplishments don't mean anything when it comes to odds makers. It's all about how they are performing here and now, injuries, trends, matchups, etc. And maybe they are looking at the 3-0 sweep stat from the regular season.

Relax, don't let what others say, or how Vegas ranks us bother you. Enjoy what this team is giving you. We'll have the last laugh.....:yo:

Pretty much this, can't claim lack of respect when we haven't done anything to earn the respect.

Yeah, we've had great playoff pushes each of the past few seasons, but none of them resulted in a cup yet.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
I don't know why but I actually feel really confident about this series. I had this background sense of doom when we got the Caps, though I predicted Rangers in 6. Don't know, but I really like our chances.

I'm feeling the same way. It's a weirdly calm confidence with a side of anxiety lol But I also felt the same way going into MTL last year. It's hard to win three in a row and not feel like you are going to steamroll whoever gets in your way after that.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
10501782_10153149731116998_1439926214463482449_n.jpg

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
You guys werent kidding! There are actually posters on the mainboards claiming Bishop > Hank :amazed:

I had to remove myself before i ended up in the penalty box.

I went to Tampa for a playoff game in round 1. I am sorry but I found the Panther fan base was more knowledgeable. Although the talent in the stands was breathtaking. reading the main boards the Lightning are bigger, faster, better. The Rangers should be honored to play a juggernaut like them. It sounds like a lot of the Caps fans with their "Herr Durr, we are going to stomp your fragile surf team into dust.". Wow are they arrogant. I gave up on that thread, I couldn't take it any longer, I am already a walking infraction.lol

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
had to quote this nevesis quote....still cant believe we are here...

I am not even worried. We're coming home to MSG for Game 5, win that game and then we go on the road to play a Caps team that is going to feel TONS of pressure to close it out. They will not want to face us in a Game 7 back at MSG.

But they ****ing will.

#believe #changetheending

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Some feelings about this upcoming series

Negative

- Bishop vs. Rangers history
He absolutely owned the Rangers this year and despite Valliquette thinking that "hes been fighting it", first they dealt with Fluery who was outstanding, then Holtby who was superb, its only natural to think that Bishop will be even better and thats troublesome.

- TB's mobile defense
We all know what Stralman can do (i think hes an outstanding defenseman, and ups his game in the playoffs), Garrison can move and shoot the puck but Victor Hedman was a force in the Habs seris, he was transporting the puck, moving it, making really good plays, but his ability to stretch the ice and move up into the play concerns me. The Rangers didnt have to deal with that with Letang out for Pitt, and Green is a shell of his former self for Caps. They were all stay at home defenseman. Hedman isnt Bobby Orr buts hes impressed the hell out of me with his overall game. Granted, i still believe, firmly, that the Rangers D corp is deeper but Hedman has been excellent.

- TBs scoring ability
Stamkos, ugh. Johnson. Something called the triplet line? watch out. The Rangers D (and more importantly the forwards) will be a busy bunch trying to contain this squad.

Positive

-Inexperience
From the coach on down (except for a few ex-Rangers and Morrow) they all seemed overjoyed to reach the Conference Finals. This is a young team who havent been through what a majority of this Rangers squad has been through. That counts for something. Sometimes you reach an upper limit and you have trouble going beyond it. The Rangers and Av went through this last season and even though the ignorance of the situation may work in Tampas favor, when it gets late in the series and you start to feel whats on the line, things could work in the Rangers favor.

- A well rested Lundqvist
Hes been phenomenal, enough said.

- Special teams
The Rangers have had an excellent PK in the playoffs and shut down one of the best PP's in the league in Ovy and the Caps. That remains key against another very good PP, but im actually looking at the Rangers PP... yes. im actually going there. Why? The Rangers werent THAT bad and did a serviceable job in the first two series, but more importantly they did it against two extremely hot PK units / goaltenders. I actually believe that we may see the Rangers % rise in this series because theyve had heavier PKs on top of them and that would be a very, very good thing for this club. Im probably out of my mind for thinking this but its a gut feeling i have. Lets not forget that this club was flirting with a top 10 Pp % for a stretch this season.

Last edited:

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Some feelings about this upcoming series

Negative

- Bishop vs. Rangers history
He absolutely owned the Rangers this year and despite Valliquette thinking that "hes been fighting it", first they dealt with Fluery who was outstanding, then Holtby who was superb, its only natural to think that Bishop will be even better and thats troublesome.

- TB's mobile defense
We all know what Stralman can do (i think hes an outstanding defenseman, and ups his game in the playoffs), Garrison can move and shoot the puck but Victor Hedman was a force in the Habs seris, he was transporting the puck, moving it, making really good plays, but his ability to stretch the ice and move up into the play concerns me. The Rangers didnt have to deal with that with Letang out for Pitt, and Green is a shell of his former self for Caps. They were all stay at home defenseman. Hedman isnt Bobby Orr buts hes impressed the hell out of me with his overall game. Granted, i still believe, firmly, that the Rangers D corp is deeper but Hedman has been excellent.

- TBs scoring ability
Stamkos, ugh. Johnson. Something called the triplet line? watch out. The Rangers D (and more importantly the forwards) will be a busy bunch trying to contain this squad.

Positive

-Inexperience
From the coach on down (except for a few ex-Rangers and Morrow) they all seemed overjoyed to reach the Conference Finals. This is a young team who havent been through what a majority of this Rangers squad has been through. That counts for something. Sometimed you reach an upper limit and you have trouble going beyond it. The Rangers and Av went through this last season and even though the ignorance if the situation may work in Tampas favor, when it gets late in the series and you start to feel whats on the line, things could work in the Rangers favor.

- A well rested Lundqvist
Hes been phenomenal, enough said.

- Special teams
The Rangers have had an excellent PK in the playoffs and shut down one of the best PP's in the league in Ovy and the Caps. That remain key against another very good PP, but im actually looking at the PP... yes. im actually going there. Why? The Rangers werent THAT bad and did a serviceable job in the first two series, but more importantly they did against two extremely hot PK units / goaltenders. I actually believe that we may see the Rangers % rise in this series and that would be a very, very good thing for this club.

Bishop is not as good as Holtby. He moves the puck much better, but he's not as good at stopping the puck and controlling his rebounds. And Hank is much better than either of them.

Their PP is good, but our PK is much better. Defense wins.

Our D corp is better than theirs. Again, defense wins.

Our coach is better.

I'm not worried whatsoever. I'm eager to get this started and to dispose of the Bolts, post haste.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
“@RothmanHockey: Henrik Lundqvist's last six #Game7's: 6-0, 0.81 GAA, .973 sv%, total of five goals allowed on 184 shots.â€

Normal statistics.

They said that Holtby is better and they were right. Holtby is much better... at golf. Look how much more he gets to practice it while Lundqvist is wasting time playing hockey in May and June.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
I went to Tampa for a playoff game in round 1. I am sorry but I found the Panther fan base was more knowledgeable. Although the talent in the stands was breathtaking. reading the main boards the Lightning are bigger, faster, better. The Rangers should be honored to play a juggernaut like them. It sounds like a lot of the Caps fans with their "Herr Durr, we are going to stomp your fragile surf team into dust.". Wow are they arrogant. I gave up on that thread, I couldn't take it any longer, I am already a walking infraction.lol

I just started perusing the thread. The bishop stuff is funny. So is the fact that no one thinks the rangers have any speed.

Sure would be nice to get zucc back for this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad